• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

NERF HAS ME AT THE JUMPING OFF PLACE

dub365

All-Star 1
Maybe I’ll take him off bench. Day one he was in fire. Since then its the most inconsistent card I have.
Ha, so weird. First game I played he was super inconsistent but now he plays like 94 Street Giannis..... Showing up all over the court, getting blocks & rebounds on his own & shooting well.

TomH

Pro 2
Ha, so weird. First game I played he was super inconsistent but now he plays like 94 Street Giannis..... Showing up all over the court, getting blocks & rebounds on his own & shooting well.

I put him back in and he’s better but not great. Of the 3, Russell is by far themost consistent 3 shooter. Odd for a Russell card.

dub365

All-Star 1
I put him back in and he’s better but not great. Of the 3, Russell is by far themost consistent 3 shooter. Odd for a Russell card.
Yeah, I hear ya. Im having fun with Melo & that's what I care about. Not the dopesr card. But man, pairing him with Magic and DLO is fun.

The best thing I did was delete the game and never look back. One by one everyone I know and in our top 50 league quit and is now playing CODM 24/7. One thing I've realized after being away from NBALM is how little the devs cared about producing unique, interesting and evolving content. Every season felt like groundhogs day repeating the same things over and over, thousands of times, reset and repeat. Gameplay too gave me zero enjoyment with all the nerfs and changes no one asked for instead of focusing on improving it. Case in point did they ever implement at least one new dribble move?

dub365

All-Star 1
The best thing I did was delete the game and never look back. One by one everyone I know and in our top 50 league quit and is now playing CODM 24/7. One thing I've realized after being away from NBALM is how little the devs cared about producing unique, interesting and evolving content. Every season felt like groundhogs day repeating the same things over and over, thousands of times, reset and repeat. Gameplay too gave me zero enjoyment with all the nerfs and changes no one asked for instead of focusing on improving it. Case in point did they ever implement at least one new dribble move?
That's the problem though. Most of us are addicts and enjoy basketball. Not easy to replace that. I like FPS games but not into switching to CODM or anything else..... until I've finally had enough of this crap and call it good. That's really what it takes.......being pushed to your boundary by these idiot devs.....then you move on. It's just tough bc there's so much promise, so many things that are actually good.....if they'd stop being imbeciles it could be an all-time best mobile game....

revride

Rookie 1
It should be obvious all that hope and promise from past seasons went 'poof!' when they started to introduce more bugs than content in S3. These bozos can't even do simple math and won't test their changes. It's like you go to a nice restaurant and want to have a good time but they serve you swill with bad service. You have the runs when you get home but go back there again to eat the next day. What gives?

It's already the fourth season, they've not improved anything and never will.

That's the problem though. Most of us are addicts and enjoy basketball. Not easy to replace that. I like FPS games but not into switching to CODM or anything else..... until I've finally had enough of this crap and call it good. That's really what it takes.......being pushed to your boundary by these idiot devs.....then you move on. It's just tough bc there's so much promise, so many things that are actually good.....if they'd stop being imbeciles it could be an all-time best mobile game....
I love basketball and was addicted since the beta but just couldn't do it this season. My only issue with the game is gameplay and repetitive events. As much as I loved the game it just began to feel like a chore after a while which was unfortunate. Maybe one day they can get the right team to shake things up and I'll definitely be back. Until then I really don't miss avoiding, shooting, & dunking from a zone a thousand times lol.

Altavilla

Pro 1
The nerf is definitely there. And not just on LvL or SD. On normal events too. Probably in every team VS team gameplay.

This time I felt the nerf on the 75 stamina Lunar event (against the Blazers).
Been playing on my account and after i got my Lunar lineup to 88 I started having an easier time. Even got a +15 yesterday.
My other lineups are now 92/90/91/90.

Tried on my buddy’s account, who has an 89 Lunar lineup (the others are 94/93/93/93) and had a very hard time, barely winning by +4 (thanks to a lucky BB). The thing that pisses me the most is not being able to do cool plays because the AI steals almost everything without a clear line of pass.

Went back to try on my account again and had a great time, winning +9, not even putting in much effort and with some fooling around trying new stuff.

Bottom line:
92 - fun and coin count going up
94 - hell

Easy choice for me.

EDIT: my Ultimate ovr was actually a 93 when the above happened. It went up without me noticing it. So I guess a 93 max ovr is the current fun sweet spot, for Ultimate anyway.

Last edited:

TomH

Pro 2
The nerf is definitely there. And not just on LvL or SD. On normal events too. Probably in every team VS team gameplay.

This time I felt the nerf on the 75 stamina Lunar event (against the Blazers).
Been playing on my account and after i got my Lunar lineup to 88 I started having an easier time. Even got a +15 yesterday.
My other lineups are now 92/90/91/90.

Tried on my buddy’s account, who has an 89 Lunar lineup (the others are 94/93/93/93) and had a very hard time, barely winning by +4 (thanks to a lucky BB). The thing that pisses me the most is not being able to do cool plays because the AI steals almost everything without a clear line of pass.

Went back to try on my account again and had a great time, winning +9, not even putting in much effort and with some fooling around trying new stuff.

Bottom line:
92 - fun and coin count going up
94 - hell

Easy choice for me.

EDIT: my Ultimate ovr was actually a 93 when the above happened. It went up without me noticing it. So I guess a 93 max ovr is the current fun sweet spot, for Ultimate anyway.

something just clicked. I keep my ultimate lineup at max ovr until other league takes its drives against me. I take my drives 2 ovr lower. Before I lowered ultimate ovr today I couldn’t hit anything in SD. Since then, or approximately since then, I’m making everything. I’m going to need to chart this Because i wasn't paying attention .

But dang. High ovr is like the coronavirus - it infects everything.

betaman411

All-Star 1
something just clicked. I keep my ultimate lineup at max ovr until other league takes its drives against me. I take my drives 2 ovr lower. Before I lowered ultimate ovr today I couldn’t hit anything in SD. Since then, or approximately since then, I’m making everything. I’m going to need to chart this Because i wasn't paying attention .

But dang. High ovr is like the coronavirus - it infects everything.
No need to chart it. Alta and I have noticed this repeatable phenomenon. A week or so ago I got to 95 (before 97s showed up). Was getting absolutely destroyed in lvl. SD was still manageable but the +4 nerf was always in effect. I sold Yao and a few others that got me to 95 and went back to 94 and so far it’s like night and day.

Somehow I think EA and their infinite wisdom has created an algorithm where they nerf the higher OVRs in an attempt to get them to spend more and they encourage lower OVRs with this anti-nerf to improve under the guise they’ll be even better. As with most things EA, I think they’ve managed to alienate the higher OVRs to the point of quitting and what’s the incentive to spend if you’re a lower OVR taking it to the “fools” who did spend money! EA logic 101

TomH

Pro 2
No need to chart it. Alta and I have noticed this repeatable phenomenon. A week or so ago I got to 95 (before 97s showed up). Was getting absolutely destroyed in lvl. SD was still manageable but the +4 nerf was always in effect. I sold Yao and a few others that got me to 95 and went back to 94 and so far it’s like night and day.

Somehow I think EA and their infinite wisdom has created an algorithm where they nerf the higher OVRs in an attempt to get them to spend more and they encourage lower OVRs with this anti-nerf to improve under the guise they’ll be even better. As with most things EA, I think they’ve managed to alienate the higher OVRs to the point of quitting and what’s the incentive to spend if you’re a lower OVR taking it to the “fools” who did spend money! EA logic 101

oh I’m onboard 100%. I just never thought a lineup you can’t even use in SD would nerf SD. That‘s frigging devious. Last lvl I decided to use my SS lineup for first time after dropping my ultimate lineup and went 35-4.

Remember last season when everyone was scrambling to get to 111 and I kept saying you don’t want to be 111? That’s when I started mentioning the “reverse ovr nerf.”

dub365

All-Star 1
oh I’m onboard 100%. I just never thought a lineup you can’t even use in SD would nerf SD. That‘s frigging devious. Last lvl I decided to use my SS lineup for first time after dropping my ultimate lineup and went 35-4.

Remember last season when everyone was scrambling to get to 111 and I kept saying you don’t want to be 111? That’s when I started mentioning the “reverse ovr nerf.”
Do you think the Ultimate LU sets up the nerf in LVL? Or whichever LU you choose to use in that particular matchup? I guess I'll just drop them all when I play my qtrs. This is just asinine

TomH

Pro 2
Do you think the Ultimate LU sets up the nerf in LVL? Or whichever LU you choose to use in that particular matchup? I guess I'll just drop them all when I play my qtrs. This is just asinine

it‘s looking like the ultimate since it will be the highest lineup typically. Whatever ovr you see by your team name. It’s hard tho because we want to keep all our ovr’s up in lvl until they take drives against us. This is so messed up.

to make it worse we are playing our second cheating league in a row. Yesterday they offered to make sure we would never match them again if we added their commish to our line chat, because “despite to what you may have heard about me, I’m all about helping other leagues.”
757B3DC0-D1C8-42D7-8B92-B825B9B51FA9.jpeg

Last edited:

dub365

All-Star 1
it‘s looking like the ultimate since it will be the highest lineup typically. Whatever ovr you see by your team name. It’s hard tho because we want to keep all our ovr’s up in lvl until they take drives against us. This is so messed up.

to make it worse we are playing our second cheating league in a row. Yesterday they offered to make sure we would never match them again if we added their commish to our line chat, because “despite to what you may have heard about me, I’m all about helping other leagues.”
View attachment 3335
So the guy keeps a list of ppl they're not supposed to match up with? Yeah, that seems doable. I'm tired of the cheaters as well. We're playing #2 Greek Emperor's & getting absolutely waxed. 16 man tourney....down like 300 pts lol. We're in the top 100 so it's not like we suck. EA sucks though

TomH

Pro 2
So the guy keeps a list of ppl they're not supposed to match up with? Yeah, that seems doable. I'm tired of the cheaters as well. We're playing #2 Greek Emperor's & getting absolutely waxed. 16 man tourney....down like 300 pts lol. We're in the top 100 so it's not like we suck. EA sucks though

feel ya. We had just hit top 70 and back to back known cheaters. +23 and still came up negative.

and I think maybe they are getting nervous with all the publicity.

Last edited:

dub365

All-Star 1
feel ya. We had just hit top 70 and back to back known cheaters. +23 and still came up negative.

and I think maybe they are getting nervous with all the publicity.
Idk, I just enjoy the competition of LVL and the pressure to perform for your team. I'm over even caring about League rewards. Would just be nice if they gave it some effort to fix. You have to get into the top 200 or so to get consistently good competition but then the better you do, you just start replacing the weak teams with cheaters.

Steve Rogers

Rookie 2
We had 6 straight matches against top20 as soon as we hit top50 out of those 6 matches 5 cheated...definetly makes you question yourself is it worth to continue on with the game cause at the end of the day you build squads to perform as best as possible in LvL and then this happen 😕

dub365

All-Star 1
What do you guys consider obvious cheating? +40 or is it more?
I don't just look at the scores. Gameplay says a lot too. If a guy with a lower OVR puts up a lot on me and I can't even manage a +8.....feels like something is off. Also, I feel like you can tell when you're playing against GG. Certain things happen that don't normally occur

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.