• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

NERF HAS ME AT THE JUMPING OFF PLACE

TomH

Pro 2
I don't just look at the scores. Gameplay says a lot too. If a guy with a lower OVR puts up a lot on me and I can't even manage a +8.....feels like something is off. Also, I feel like you can tell when you're playing against GG. Certain things happen that don't normally occur

40+ is suspicious in lvl for sure. It’s by no means definitive. We just had a +42 dropped on us by a notorious Cheater, but it was just low enough not to be clearly cheating. They are using game guardian to bump up stats, and also dark web to extend time on drives. I’ve seen a 135 total/ +65 net for two drives. Yeah, that‘s indisputable. They are getting smarter now and not using the cheats unless it’s “needed” to win. But they still leave obvious tracks and people are screenshooting and sharing. I still don’t believe ea will do shit.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Also, I feel like you can tell when you're playing against GG. Certain things happen that don't normally occur
Curious about this. I wasn’t aware that you played against it during your drives. I’ve had some strange quarters where I don’t feel like I have control of the players or at the very least the controls are not responsive. Guessing you mean something else though.

Steve Rogers

Rookie 2
What do you guys consider obvious cheating? +40 or is it more?
Scoring 80+ in their drives with at least 40+ diference
Personaly in one of those matchups i beat a guy 34-14(normal score in 2 quarters) after that he played his quarters and went from -20 pts to 31+(he did 51 pts diference in 2 lvl quarters with a total score of 98-31)
But sad part of this is that EA knows wery well whats goin on but they will not do anything..🤐

dub365

All-Star 1
Curious about this. I wasn’t aware that you played against it during your drives. I’ve had some strange quarters where I don’t feel like I have control of the players or at the very least the controls are not responsive. Guessing you mean something else though.
I feel like you can feel a Nerf unlike EAs normal handiwork. Like I will have an amazing defensive game, all kinds of great plays but then I miss all my layups and clutches miss and things like that. Totally feels like my offensive stats are buggered and things like that normally don't happen, esp when I'm playing an even/lower OVR. Sure, sometimes playing a higher OVR, the disadvantage will kick in and clutches are more likely to miss or plays you normally make won't go your way. But unless it's SD, that doesn't happen against a lesser opponent. And I only find it happening when we play against suspicious leagues. Never happens against even high ranking teams that seem to play fair. Idk anything for sure though. And it doesn't really matter as far as pointing fingers bc whether it's cheating or not... Something doesn't feel right and that's on EA either way

TomH

Pro 2
I feel like you can feel a Nerf unlike EAs normal handiwork. Like I will have an amazing defensive game, all kinds of great plays but then I miss all my layups and clutches miss and things like that. Totally feels like my offensive stats are buggered and things like that normally don't happen, esp when I'm playing an even/lower OVR. Sure, sometimes playing a higher OVR, the disadvantage will kick in and clutches are more likely to miss or plays you normally make won't go your way. But unless it's SD, that doesn't happen against a lesser opponent. And I only find it happening when we play against suspicious leagues. Never happens against even high ranking teams that seem to play fair. Idk anything for sure though. And it doesn't really matter as far as pointing fingers bc whether it's cheating or not... Something doesn't feel right and that's on EA either way

we are playing Korean Top Team. I went +19/+4. Even did all the voodoo crap we try between drives to fool the nerf. (I forgot to cut the head off a chicken and swing it around). Second drive I got no rebounds and they made every shot. And here is something probably just a coincidence. Back to back tourneys I only managed to get back exactly the deficit opponent dropped on me.

it always feels like an ea nerf to me. For crying out loud ea, if you aren’t going to do anything about cheating, at least ditch the nerf. It’s insane that the biggest part of lvl is trying to neutralize the 2d drive nerf.

Last edited:

betaman411

All-Star 1
we are playing Korean Top Team. I went +19/+4. Even did all the voodoo crap we try between drives to fool the nerf. (I forgot to cut the head off a chicken and swing it around). Second drive I got no rebounds and they made every shot. And here is something probably just a coincidence. Back to back tourneys I only managed to get back exactly the deficit opponent dropped on me.

it always feels like an ea nerf to me. For crying out loud ea, if you aren’t going to do anything about cheating, at least ditch the nerf. It’s insane that the biggest part of lvl is trying to neutralize the 2d drive nerf.
Two tourneys in a row and 2nd quarter nerf killed me. Coincidentally, I also increased from 94 to 95 in that same span. The quarter nerf in lvl is my single biggest complaint in this game...and probably why I’ll quit at some point if it’s not fixed (with a new game play engine otherwise I know it will never be fixed)!

dub365 dub365 I’ve had those amazing defensive quarters too and on offense I miss every shot including layups and dunks. But is it really possible for them to nerf your drives? I thought GG worked so they could boost their team and nerf your team but only during their drives?

TomH

Pro 2
And we just drew our 4th top 10 in a row. This time #1 Conquer. They have 4 98 ovr and well know cheats. 🤦‍♂️

Altavilla

Pro 1
Do you think the Ultimate LU sets up the nerf in LVL? Or whichever LU you choose to use in that particular matchup? I guess I'll just drop them all when I play my qtrs. This is just asinine
No one is sure. Could be any lineup or, most likely, a combination of lineups. But it affects nearly every gameplay.

Anyway, right now the way to go for me is to have good starters and then tank the bench, preferably with good boosts.
Here’s my current street lineup:
52E243BD-380E-474D-A303-B84B40A822E4.jpeg

Last edited:

Altavilla

Pro 1
Do you guys think paying players are spending more with this “high ovr nerf” or less?

I’m spending much less (0 to be precise; and having the best gameplay I’ve had this season) but a lot of players seem to be spending a lot, 97+ cards way overpriced at the AH so... can Waggoner’s departing contribution actually be working in making EA more revenue?

TomH

Pro 2
To Make matters worse a new cheat. Somehow opponent in SD can force your app to crash, resulting in forfeit. Started with one Chinese player. Last night I opened app twice and there were random “friends” quarter scores on the screen that didn’t show up anywhere else. Today, I’ve been hit by the cheat. Related? Don’t know. But the chest is real. multiple complaints and always the same guys

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.