• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Having Trouble Selling Ghost Durant

Cortes

Rookie 1
Whether you agree with them doing this....the reason it's so fecked...... Is that there is ZERO communication about it. Those of us that use the forums can barely figure out what's going on with AH. What about the ppl who don't know where to get info & just think the game is busted? Things like this make me hate EA
Not a shocker. S3 is led by a bunch of newbs (to not say idiots), you can see that from first days. What they're doing this season = facepalm. The only good guy on this team is the graphic designer, really nice stuff for all the promos.. the rest should be gone right after S3.

Kinda OT, but Just few I remember for now:

1."Master" Embiid - he became garbage before players had any chance to claim 82 version, wasn't even good bench card for semi-active players.

2.Road to MVP Harden - masters of planning strike again.. didn't even release 3rd and final part of this promo to this day.. no comments.

3.AH bullshit - they wanted to control it but couldn't find a way how to do it to not ruin the fun for all and at the end they destroyed good part of NBALM completely. What a joke.

4.Showdown nonsense - people were playing this semi-scripted mode for good rewards and that was biggest reason why we all wanted to have highest possible overall and best cards (instead the ones we love the most like it was in S1), to have a better chance to win in SD, but then they decided to make SD rewards worthless, so you grind like crazy or spend money for great cards and at the end you start thinking why? One of the reasons people can't even keep some great cards for too long is becasue they made unfair system where team with 1 or 2 higher overall is playing like currys and durants on steroids, but 1-2 lower is total garbage cuz 94ov vs 92ov feels like 94 vs 80.. instead of making higher overall team a bit better, they made it unstoppable machine, doesn't really matter how good or bad shooter is, if team overall is higher their shooting effectiveness is close to special ability. Thats why we see so many teams with almost the same cards, cuz players are forced to switch for highest overall cards ASAP.. and all that for their 'amazing' legend rewards. If I'm 92 playing vs 94 then 96 Harden can destroy me alone, but the same Harden can't do a thing against me if overal is 90 or lower. Even if the lineup is full of 95-96 players with amazing skills, AI play like trash if overall is 2(or more) lower than mine..

5.Jerseys BS - Wow.. I didn't play SD for some time and now I've noticed almost every team is playing in different jerseys cuz they have small boost. Cavs fans are playing in GS jerseys, Boston fans in LAL jerseys etc.. my opponents are playing in wrong jerseys and it's not even worst, the worst is they are playing in exactly the same colours like me.. WTF.. red vs red, white vs white, in fast play I can't even recognize who is who. All that mess to suck some more money in the store. Unbelievable.

6. Leagues - I never played in the league cuz in S1 there was a lot of bugs that led to cheating. I was waiting for some good news about the leagues in S2 but even showdown was better.. and then, in S3, instead of making it the greatest mode in the game, they made rewards worst ever and did nothing to stop people from cheating all the way. Amazing.

Who cares if good cards in most of promos are grindable? There is no single mode in this game that could make you feel it's all worth your free time or money (or both). Really sad.

There is a lot more bad things to post about S3 but I can't even remember all, it's just too much..

Cortes

Rookie 1
Who cares if good cards in most of promos are grindable? There is no single mode in this game that could make you feel it's all worth your free time or money (or both)

giphy.gif
That's true, just my opinion, but with these rewards even playing scripted SD now makes 0 sense to me.
Last year short break was good for me cuz I found at least 1-2 things that made me want to play this game again when I was back, it was far from perfect but now it's different mostly because things from my previous post.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I am almost 99% sure they changed the caps because of the hot elites.

Hot cards had a part in it but not the only part that was my point I assume you're referring to my post you don't quote me the at all so it's hard to figure out what you're addressing sometimes

dub365

All-Star 1

I fail to see the sense in doing it for that reason. Lowering the cap pretty much doubled the spending power of anyone who has benefited from any type of AH manipulation. And cards on the AH are still being manipulated...... Soooo why would that help EA?

Yes as dub says, those guys are set for the season now. Anyone that took advantage of the hot card, their coins just became 4 to 5x more valuable..... good move ea!! Lol

betaman411

All-Star 1
Yes as dub says, those guys are set for the season now. Anyone that took advantage of the hot card, their coins just became 4 to 5x more valuable..... good move ea!! Lol

Coins are worth more but franchises are worth less so there's definitely some tradeoff.

cire2245

Rookie 3
Well, looking at the ah right now your million coins are useless because you can only get 96 cousins, 95/94 previous masters and some 94/95 daily events? masters, (unless you are interested on lower ovr elites) because obviously people will just keep their hard earned masters rather than selling them for cheap. And if it goes like this, then i think it?s EA?s win. To be honest, really don?t mind at all as long as i can still build my team through grinding but feel bad for those who are having fun in ah.

I fail to see the sense in doing it for that reason. Lowering the cap pretty much doubled the spending power of anyone who has benefited from any type of AH manipulation. And cards on the AH are still being manipulated...... Soooo why would that help EA?

Every time EA tried to fix the problem the coinsellers, or whoever is responsible, would find a different way to manipulate the AH. The most recent trend was 82 and 83 OVR cards that hadn?t been hot in months. The cards were selling for much lower than previous hot cards in that range, which suggests to me that they were already trying to tweak the cap to eliminate hot elites before eradicating them completely. Presumably, they can?t change the cap at one level without changing the cap at all levels. I don?t know if that is a technical reason or based on their concept of system values.

Originally, Brian mentioned that the cap would remain at around 4.2M for the highest OVR cards but they didn?t adjust it between the 94s and 96s. Presumably, the cap will rise from where it is but they really don?t like people taking advantage of the AH in any way, shape or form. They even acknowledged that they are anti-sniping. We?re a bit like guinea pigs at the moment. They let us have hourly ads to see what the impact would? be on the game and they brought back the AH during the last promo as a similar experiment.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Can someone explain to me how coin sellers work with hot elites? Never understood that..

I do get how users snipe them and they get bought at a higher price

betaman411

All-Star 1
Can someone explain to me how coin sellers work with hot elites? Never understood that..

I don't really get it either. The coins have to be "earned" somehow or the juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze. Presumably, hot elites is a way to transfer coins? Thats the part I don't get. What does the buyer have to do? Take over an entire account now? If I wanted to buy coins I'd want them in my account and I sure as hell wouldn't want to do it 150-200k at a time via the AH!

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

They get access to your account and then they start buying a bunch of 1 card and then post for high amounts then get on one of their bot/coin generated accounts and buy that card at full price it doesn't always work but if they can hack coins then it doesn't matter to them because they have the supply to waste

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Every time EA tried to fix the problem the coinsellers, or whoever is responsible, would find a different way to manipulate the AH. The most recent trend was 82 and 83 OVR cards that hadn?t been hot in months. The cards were selling for much lower than previous hot cards in that range, which suggests to me that they were already trying to tweak the cap to eliminate hot elites before eradicating them completely. Presumably, they can?t change the cap at one level without changing the cap at all levels. I don?t know if that is a technical reason or based on their concept of system values.

Originally, Brian mentioned that the cap would remain at around 4.2M for the highest OVR cards but they didn?t adjust it between the 94s and 96s. Presumably, the cap will rise from where it is but they really don?t like people taking advantage of the AH in any way, shape or form. They even acknowledged that they are anti-sniping. We?re a bit like guinea pigs at the moment. They let us have hourly ads to see what the impact would? be on the game and they brought back the AH during the last promo as a similar experiment.

That's perhaps the most fucked up thing I've seen them say

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

They get access to your account and then they start buying a bunch of 1 card and then post for high amounts then get on one of their bot/coin generated accounts and buy that card at full price it doesn't always work but if they can hack coins then it doesn't matter to them because they have the supply to waste
Ah makes sense

betaman411

All-Star 1

Ah makes sense
This sounds like a very cumbersome process especially when you consider that other non-CS players figured it out and then you?re competing against them for the same cards. Not to mention that it?s increasingly difficult to figure out which mirror cards are which AND all of this is happening at snipe speed.

I personally find it hard to believe that CS?ers are even a fraction of the problem they were in season 1 but obviously EA believes it to be the case.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Ah makes sense
This sounds like a very cumbersome process especially when you consider that other non-CS players figured it out and then you?re competing against them for the same cards. Not to mention that it?s increasingly difficult to figure out which mirror cards are which AND all of this is happening at snipe speed.

I personally find it hard to believe that CS?ers are even a fraction of the problem they were in season 1 but obviously EA believes it to be the case.

Well that's the strategy they used last season as well I know people that logged in while coin sellers we're doing their business on their account and saw what cards they we're manipulating that's a major reason why some cards go for way more than they should and if you intercept that transaction you can steal from the coin sellers in one way or another which is good they can also use the bot to do the pricing for them by hogging the market there are multiple strategies they use for it that benefits customers and non-customers

betaman411

All-Star 1
Ah makes sense

Well that's the strategy they used last season as well I know people that logged in while coin sellers we're doing their business on their account and saw what cards they we're manipulating that's a major reason why some cards go for way more than they should and if you intercept that transaction you can steal from the coin sellers in one way or another which is good they can also use the bot to do the pricing for them by hogging the market there are multiple strategies they use for it that benefits customers and non-customers
Yeah, I guess I?m not questioning the process as much as the bottom line impact on EA sales? Instead of making coins ?affordable? to a larger audience, they continue to gouge their whales. Just doesn?t seem very sustainable but then again, they?re a multi-billion dollar company so... :roll:

Ah makes sense

I don?t understand how the dark arts work but EA claim that heir bot doesn?t buy cards and therefore it is coin sellers or their bots buying th card. Brian wouldn?t go into detail since he didn?t want to provide details about how the auction house was being manipulated but I think it?s clear that if there is a middle man (the ?broker? as they call it) then it isn?t a simple case of peer to peer transactions. The EA bot was being manipulated to some extent or another. Brian was the biggest advocate for loosening the AH restrictions in the first place so he was perhaps feeling the heat a bit.

As for how problematic it is, a lot of people profited from it in small ways and big ways biut they won?t let us use the AH to complete promos and they have lowered the cap for the latest cards to next to nothing so there is hardly any point in amassing a fortune.

Basically, EA would like this happy little utopia where we trade cards with each other like kids on the playground instead of making money from the AH. So when we have a broken AH where nothing sells they simply claim that nobody wants to buy the cards. Then when a coin selling opportunity comes along they get their knickers in a twist even if it is a simple 150k as opposed to 99.9M.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.