• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

General Questions Regarding League Play

G34

Rookie 1
I'm starting this thread for anyone who wants to ask general questions about league play or anything related.
I looked throughout this sub and nearly all threads here are about either Recruitment or about the Ranking system.

If you are looking for a league or you're recruiting,​
DO NOT POST IT IN HERE

If you have any questions regarding League vs League mode, post them here.

Thank you

Last edited:

G34

Rookie 1
Most things in league seems self explanatory.

Only the LvL match making process and cut of the bottom of the list in order to match number of active players on both sides needs explanation every now or then for new players, but what can you do.

----------------------------------------------------

My question regarding the League is as such.

Which team does my opponent face if my highest OVR team is not the first one in my teams lineup?

For example, this is my list of teams from left to right.

• NBA (109)
  • PvP (109)
  • Experimental (110)
  • BEST (Auto)
  • EXP/COIN (106)
the rest of the list are the default ones

I've always assumed that in LvL, my opponent faces my highest OVR team that is placed closest to the start.
In the above case, it would be my 110 team.

I assumed the same for LvL matches against teammates.

So I started a battle that I initiated using my 110 team.

What i had never bothered to think about before, is that truly the case? or does the system use your first team, among you lineups, even though it isn't the highest ovr?

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: the answer is that in LvL in both matches against your opponent or teammates, if your first team is NOT the highest ovr team among your lineups, the system will use the highest ovr in the list.
So in my case even though i have a 109 first on my list, the game always reverts using my 110 when my opponents attack me.

Last edited:

dub365

All-Star 1
The 1st lineup, starting from the left, is what opponents in LVL will face. Doesn't matter if it's highest or lowest OVR, that's what they get. So that should always be your default Defensive or best lineup.

In SD, your opponent plays against whatever lineup you choose to use when you start the matchup.

You can test this out by looking at other league members or players on the showdown leaderboard. You'll notice that when you check out their starting lineup, it'll show all of your lineups across the top of the screen. You can switch back and forth between your different lineups but you'll only see their 1st lineup. Have your league mates tell you what they see when they look at your lineup. It'll be whatever is in the very first lineup slot

G34

Rookie 1
I am fully aware how it works in Showdown,

But in League vs League against opposing teams,

My rank in the LvL scores/player list page it shows my team as a 110 rather than 109 which is the first team in my lineup.

How can someone pick to play against a 110 and end up playing against a 109 team?

That doesn't sound right.

I have never in all my LvL games have come across a team that its ovr didn't match the ovr shown on that list.

With LvL teammates though, i'm not certain how it works at this point.

Last edited:

dub365

All-Star 1
I am fully aware how it works in Showdown,

But in League vs League against opposing teams,

My rank in the LvL scores/player list page it shows my team as a 110 rather than 109 which is the first team in my lineup.

How can someone pick to play against a 110 and end up playing against a 109 team?

That doesn't sound right.

I have never in all my LvL games have come across a team that its ovr didn't match the ovr shown on that list.

With LvL teammates though, i'm not certain how it works at this point.
It shows you as a 110 because that's your team OVR, equal to your highest lineup. Has nothing to do with which lineup.

G34

Rookie 1
I asked one of my LvL opponents for clarification. hopefully someone answers.

Last edited:

dub365

All-Star 1
I don't know why you don't believe us..... But keep searching for answers if that's your thing

• Big grin
Reactions: G34

dub365

All-Star 1
If a player was messing with his lineup when the tourney started(swapping players) it's possible that it'll show a different OVR than he currently has

G34

Rookie 1
If a player was messing with his lineup when the tourney started(swapping players) it's possible that it'll show a different OVR than he currently has

That's changing the premise of what i asked though.

I didn't talk about messing with any lineups.

The LvL wasn't even a question to me before this.

I get that messing with the lineup will change things.

But as is without any modification to anything.

If my LvL list vs opponents shows 110 at startup and throughout, I expect my opponent to play against my 110 even though it's third on my list since it's the highest OVR and matches the displayed 110 on the list.

If i start messing things around, that's a different story.

In +200 LvL games vs opponents, I have never come across playing against a team that didn't match the Ovr displayed on the list.

dub365

All-Star 1
I'm saying that
A) when your tourney is starting and you're messing with your highest rated lineup.... whoever plays you will see a different OVR when they start the match than they see in the Tourney Main Menu screen that shows all members of both teams. And

B) if your highest lineup out of say... 7 different lineups is a 110......that's your OVR. But if that lineup isn't in the first slot ..... Ppl won't see or play your 110 lineup. It'll still show you as a 110 bc YOU ARE RATED AS A PLAYER BY YOUR HIGHEST OVR LINEUP.

If you have a 70 OVR lineup in the first slot....you'll get slaughtered.....even though it still shows you as a 110. You can try it out and see

G34

Rookie 1
I always felt that LvL matches vs opponents was the exception considering i've never seen that.

UPDATE:
It has been confirmed that my 110 lineup showed up by my opponent even thought it's third on my team.
Westbrook is ONLY on my 110 lineup

Screenshot_2019-09-18-04-03-51.png

Last edited:

dub365

All-Star 1
Maybe it defaults to your highest if there's only one. But what happens when you have 3 different 110 lineups..... Shooting, Def, and Balanced?

Maybe it defaults to your highest if there's only one. But what happens when you have 3 different 110 lineups..... Shooting, Def, and Balanced?
I guess this is what happens. Usually everyone has there first line up as the highest ovr so they always play the nba line up. Definitely news to me that if your nba line up is a lower ovr it would pick a different higher ovr lineup.

G34

Rookie 1
It has always been my belief that it uses the highest OVR team you have that is placed closest to the left. in order to match the ovr in the LvL list.

Even if the def/bal/street/shooting lineups are the same ovr, they are always placed on the right so they should never be used.

The question would be what happens if all your custom teams have an OVR lower than the def/bal/street/shooting lineups.

At that point, not sure if it would use the highest custom built team or the highest OVR team.

G34

Rookie 1
A teammate of mine also confirmed that he played with my 110 team and not my 109 one.

So in all of LvL, people play with highest OVR and not first team on your lineup

betaman411

All-Star 1
A teammate of mine also confirmed that he played with my 110 team and not my 109 one.

So in all of LvL, people play with highest OVR and not first team on your lineup
I think a simpler way to see which team an opponent will face in lvl is to just "scout" your team from another account (e.g. friend, teammate or opponent).

G34

Rookie 1
Well, so far a teammate and an opponent have confirmed that my 110 team shows up when scouted instead my 109 which is placed first on my list.

I just initiated a match against a teammate using my 109 team. I want to see if that triggers against teammates to use the last used team instead.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.