• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Gameplay style lineups are here

Re: Additional lineups coming next week

As far as I'm aware, the new lineups will only be used for live events at this point. Apparently, you'll be able to use them in other modes from December, I'm not too concerned with updating the lineups at this stage with new promos and programs on the way.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Is it recommendable to buy players now to prepare for the 3 Line ups?

Is anyone doing it now, snipe the cheap ones and reserving it for next week?

Yes I recommend making sure you have 2 79+ players in each position for each style I did that on both my teams for cheap

betaman411

All-Star 1

Yes I recommend making sure you have 2 79+ players in each position for each style I did that on both my teams for cheap

So this is just a hedge against negatively impacting your OVR too much? Sounds like using the additional lineups in other game play modes won't be available let alone mandatory before December so I can't see worrying too much about it right now unless it does bring down your total OVR?!

So this is just a hedge against negatively impacting your OVR too much? Sounds like using the additional lineups in other game play modes won't be available let alone mandatory before December so I can't see worrying too much about it right now unless it does bring down your total OVR?!

I think or hope Franchise OVR will stay tied to your main lineup. That was the case with Tip-off, at least. Otherwise, I guess on lineup change day we all wake up with like a 70 OVR Franchise.

dub365

All-Star 1

Grinding Halloween golds to turn in for base elites is the perfect plan right now. I'm not gonna buy anything until definitive info comes out. EA has burned me before. Plus, if everyone winds up needing elites to fill out their lineups, having a bunch on hand could prove lucrative

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

It's not expensive to make sure you're prepared just in case but I expect it to count for overall like with S1 because that causes you to actually worry about the other lineups getting better if they had no impact on overall or gameplay why bother doing anything with them but I'm pretty sure in S1 that the promo lineup didn't count for overall due to it being temporary which is why it didn't do that this season I may be remembering that wrong though so forgive me if I am

It's not expensive to make sure you're prepared just in case but I expect it to count for overall like with S1 because that causes you to actually worry about the other lineups getting better if they had no impact on overall or gameplay why bother doing anything with them but I'm pretty sure in S1 that the promo lineup didn't count for overall due to it being temporary which is why it didn't do that this season I may be remembering that wrong though so forgive me if I am

I played on and off in S1 and remember there were like 5 different lineups! I never had as much time to get into it as I do now, though. I get what you're saying about it counting toward the main OVR to motivate people to build them but I thought that just wanting to use the special lineup would be motivation enough in the first place. If you want to win, you're not gonna trot out a terrible Balanced lineup.

I guess my concern is, let's say next Wednesday (current planned day ) after the lineup releases, I take my current lineup to SD. Is my current lineup OVR gonna actually go down because of the other 3? Or will it still be it's normal OVR, but the Franchise OVR will be the one affected?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

I played on and off in S1 and remember there were like 5 different lineups! I never had as much time to get into it as I do now, though. I get what you're saying about it counting toward the main OVR to motivate people to build them but I thought that just wanting to use the special lineup would be motivation enough in the first place. If you want to win, you're not gonna trot out a terrible Balanced lineup.

I guess my concern is, let's say next Wednesday (current planned day ) after the lineup releases, I take my current lineup to SD. Is my current lineup OVR gonna actually go down because of the other 3? Or will it still be it's normal OVR, but the Franchise OVR will be the one affected?

Your overall for competitions has always been based on the overall of the lineup you're using

Altavilla

Pro 1

I seem to be particularly short on balanced players. Even got a 78 SG just in case (now that they are cheap).

Anyone else short on balanced cards?

betaman411

All-Star 1

I seem to be particularly short on balanced players. Even got a 78 SG just in case (now that they are cheap).

Yes, I only have one in my SL but I'm using Brett Brown for fan bonus in SD. The only bench option I have is 81 Embiid but that drops my OVR a full point.

My best team before TipOff that got me to 81 ovr was a mainly balanced lineup, and I've kept most of them mainly for nostalgia but looks like they will definitely be needed in the new lineups. Also, I couldn't sell them if I wanted to prior to the recent changes, but even after the changes I couldn't bring myself to sell 81 or 82 cards for less than 100K, some from the Halloween program, no less (room1 or 2, but still, Cousins at 82 for less than 100k? Nope, I'll hold on to him, a super card for the rating).

Also, I'm pretty sure there weren't ANY balanced players from Halloween. If there were, they are few and far in between and rarely seen lol. You can filter balanced Halloween in the AH and I get nothing lol

dub365

All-Star 1

Well Brian just said that we'll be able to use players in BOTH Gameplay and Main lineups so that alleviates some of the trouble filling them out. That's a good thing

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Re: Gameplay style lineups coming this week

Interesting but wouldn't be surprised if this was changed at some point this season

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181105-172706.png
    Screenshot_20181105-172706.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 1,143

Sirricky14

Rookie 1

This will drop tomorrow, right?

Buying some Elites and sniping some golds today to prepare for the additional Line ups.

How about you guys?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

This will drop tomorrow, right?

Buying some Elites and sniping some golds today to prepare for the additional Line ups.

How about you guys?

Yep tomorrow and I already have my lineups set up

dub365

All-Star 1
Re: Gameplay style lineups coming tomorrow

same... @ this stage 83, 82 + 82ovr... even though NBA stays @ 85

Same boat, pretty set but I'm 84/83/82. Only had to buy a couple base elites.

Weird thing is that my Balanced lineup adds up to 82.2 but rounds me up to 83 and I can't see a boost on any of the individual players OVR. A few weeks ago my lineup needed to be all the way at .7 to round up to the next OVR. I'll take it though

same... @ this stage 83, 82 + 82ovr... even though NBA stays @ 85

Same boat, pretty set but I'm 84/83/82. Only had to buy a couple base elites.

Weird thing is that my Balanced lineup adds up to 82.2 but rounds me up to 83 and I can't see a boost on any of the individual players OVR. A few weeks ago my lineup needed to be all the way at .7 to round up to the next OVR. I'll take it though

+8 from coach

dub365

All-Star 1

Is it working that way now? Straight OVR boost from coach? I'll monkey around with players & see what coach boost does bc I've got +8 for each lineup

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Guys dont put in to much coin into the lineups as

1. They don't affect your total ovr

2. Will be used only in campaigns for the first month..

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.