• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Early Christmas News

X_1618

Rookie 1
Here's the breakdown for how many snowballs you need
80 Magic = 5 snowballs total
83 Magic = 15 snowballs total
86 Magic = 30 snowballs total
90 Magic = 60 snowballs total
91 Magic = 110 snowballs total
92 Magic = 185 snowballs total
93 Magic = 285 snowballs total

So we'll need 5,700 snowflakes for 93 Magic card!

Do we know how long the Magic sets will be up for and snowflakes available to be earned?

same question.
any more information for that ?

Supposed to last a month.. but no way of knowing

It's kind of crazy sometimes how little information WE know and we are the ones that check here or other places daily lol. Those that don't check are just left in the dark, lol. BF ends, a few days later, wham, "here's Magic Johnson, good luck!" with no information on what's to come or when Magic ends lol

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
If that's the case then some quick math tells me if you do the pass each week, the daily store packs and don't miss any bonus packs, 93 Magic "could" be possible.
Ya 4k calculated that we should get the 90 in 22 days without the pass.. assuming there are live events and snowballs from packs maybe even earlier... but spending 1400 cash for two more weeks seems a bit much for a card

betaman411

All-Star 1
If that's the case then some quick math tells me if you do the pass each week, the daily store packs and don't miss any bonus packs, 93 Magic "could" be possible.
Ya 4k calculated that we should get the 90 in 22 days without the pass.. assuming there are live events and snowballs from packs maybe even earlier... but spending 1400 cash for two more weeks seems a bit much for a card
I don't disagree that 2100 for one card is a bit much but I also like the fact that it's 700 a pack. I've only ever spent up to 2500 at a time as I feel the value drops significantly when you get above that.

dub365

All-Star 1
I don't think it makes sense to buy the Snow pass unless you want the 91 or above. So, sure, it is a bit much for the 90 considering you can get it free by waiting a bit longer. And my math says that the 93 isn't close to being possible. If the pass and Magic are available for 4 weeks, using the pass, all daily bonus packs, rep pack, coin pack & all objectives I think the most snowballs you can accumulate are 150. That's still 135 short

betaman411

All-Star 1
I don't think it makes sense to buy the Snow pass unless you want the 91 or above. So, sure, it is a bit much for the 90 considering you can get it free by waiting a bit longer. And my math says that the 93 isn't close to being possible. If the pass and Magic are available for 4 weeks, using the pass, all daily bonus packs, rep pack, coin pack & all objectives I think the most snowballs you can accumulate are 150. That's still 135 short
You forgot about the 1 week unannounced extension... :roll:

I'll make a decision based on my first week progress. The biggest unknown is whether or not we get events for snowflakes and snowballs. My guess is probably not so you could be right.

All I know is that the past 2 promos, we were told, and most calculated, that certain players would not be possible lol. AD Halloween (AH being fixed made that possible, so it's kind of different) and then some F2p managed Curry + both Mutombo and Tatum without using the AH. Some even managed Duncan, with the BF sets being extended.

We just never know what EA will roll out when it comes to seeing a way to make more money, and at times it benefits f2p as well. 93 magic will still probably be a pipedream for f2p unless AH but you never know, maybe 91-92 could be on the menu lol

Edit: looks like Betaman said similar things, beat me by a hair (a 4 minute hair) lol

dub365

All-Star 1
With what we have to work with, 93 Magic is so far away, an extension isn't gonna mess with anyone's plans. Hell, I spend $ here & there and I want Magic badly. But i don't see a way to get him without way overpaying right now. My best hope right now is somehow getting the 92. I would bet that through coal or presents we'll have access to more Snowballs.

But if this is the top Master......it's not in their plans for F2p to get him. No way, no how. There's more 90s dropping and I bet F2p is able to get some of those plus F2p can get 80-90 Magic for free. Brian just mentioned it a bit ago about someone complaining.....he said "you guys got 2/4 top Harvest Masters for free". I would assume something similar will be true later in this promo, I.e. free access to another Master. Based on things he's said, these promos are highly calculated deals. They need their profit and the Master is at the end of the line for that. But still, you never know what will go down & change the game plan

betaman411

All-Star 1
With what we have to work with, 93 Magic is so far away, an extension isn't gonna mess with anyone's plans. Hell, I spend $ here & there and I want Magic badly. But i don't see a way to get him without way overpaying right now. My best hope right now is somehow getting the 92. I would bet that through coal or presents we'll have access to more Snowballs.

But if this is the top Master......it's not in their plans for F2p to get him. No way, no how. There's more 90s dropping and I bet F2p is able to get some of those plus F2p can get 80-90 Magic for free. Brian just mentioned it a bit ago about someone complaining.....he said "you guys got 2/4 top Harvest Masters for free". I would assume something similar will be true later in this promo, I.e. free access to another Master. Based on things he's said, these promos are highly calculated deals. They need their profit and the Master is at the end of the line for that. But still, you never know what will go down & change the game plan

I hear what you're saying about the Master not being "free" but how much spend is required before it becomes a P2W option? Granted, most of us F2P's have been hoarding our "free" NBA cash but I don't believe EA considers the spending of NBA cash trivial. The big question is what level of spending do they consider "sufficient" for a P2W player to achieve the master?

My feeling is P2W should be more about timing than the absolute ability to achieve a Master (i.e. P2W's should always have the option to achieve the Master on the first day of a promo). Having said that, it could be designed such that F2P's could achieve the Master in some promo's provided they're willing to spend some of their NBA cash. In this case, I think an F2P should be able to achieve the Master and then could be "incentivised" to purchase NBA cash in a future promo. If their approach is that an F2P will "never" be able to achieve the Master then that doesn't feel like they're maximizing revenue potential.

dub365

All-Star 1
Yeah, idk. I don't agree with some of their moves. But it seems obvious that making $ is a priority this season over last. And I gather from what's been said that NBA cash spending doesn't mean much to them unless it's accumulated through real cash.

I feel like they're trying to appease F2p and make $ off P2W. With Magic, they're giving us the opportunity for a pretty good card for little, if nothing. And they get the whales to fork out for the 93 that's out of reach of anyone else....so they see both sides winning. I'm fine with that approach if there are other high level cards that F2p can get later on in the promo.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Waiting to c whethere next weeks snow pass has differwnt rewards/costlier etc..the worst case is u spend 2100 cash (assuming it stays at 700) and u don't even get a 92.. reminds me of mobile madness

Altavilla

Pro 1
I?m afraid to use my snowballs to upgrade Magic :?(

I know some ppl are saying those are only for Magic, but none from EA right?

And if so many players have 93 Magic already, doesn?t that means he?ll be at the AH for sale soon enough? And maybe cheap too.
Good thing this Winter program is an objectives thing or it could be a huge waste of stamina.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

And if so many players have 93 Magic already, doesn?t that means he?ll be at the AH for sale soon enough? And maybe cheap too.
Good thing this Winter program is an objectives thing or it could be a huge waste of stamina.

Ya thats why iam happy with the promo..i can grind showdown and elevate on alternate days .. and get magic im the process..
Regarding the AH sale.. i dont think people are putting up magic for sale till they can grind out the 93.. the big spenders will use him as long as he s the best card at that position.
Any one has any idea why there is no 89 butler in the AH.. isnt he auctionable..
89 doncic should be an interesting card

Magic is supposed to be available all month. He will be available at least up until the time that the last present expires.

There was an 89 Butler in one of the AHs on the day he was released but he's understandably rare.

Brian hinted that the Magic grind will become easier later on in the promo.

Altavilla

Pro 1

the snowballs description even refers to magic. no reason to be afraid :p

I went ahead and built the 86 Magic but I?m still afraid. The main reason is thinking EA might drop the 86 version for free (or in packs, like they?ve done with elevate) and this would be a big waste of snowballs.

With elevate Griffin I now have a basic version trained to 85 that I can?t use to train my 82, but at least the 85 has served me well for quite some time.

And thanks to Anatdoc for his AH feedback ;)

karl_josh

Rookie 1
Magic is supposed to be available all month. He will be available at least up until the time that the last present expires.

There was an 89 Butler in one of the AHs on the day he was released but he's understandably rare.

Brian hinted that the Magic grind will become easier later on in the promo.

I'm thinking of same with the Harvest some sort of exchange?

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.