• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Cheating Leagues Thread

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Great idea for a thread Stewie, we know EA look in here occasionally so hopefully they?ll hand out some bans.

Sadly when o finally caught on to the cheating that happened in our most recent tournament it was already too late to screenshot anything besides the final score I wish I was able to show the huge AI scores all of them gave up but the fact that we scored way more in tournament then we have in any other one should be enough

All the members of the team did it.. that's means they figured out how to get the glitch for all..??
So what do ur league members do when they hVe the glitch..?
The thing I dont get is what am I supposed to do when I have the glitch.. if normally I shoot only 3s and dont take layups.. and if I take only layups and my league loses.. isnt that wrong too.. hence why i dont consider it cheating.. even though i get ur point..

I know how to do it because I was informed how to do it and only divulged that info to Asros in a PM on Twitter but since I know how to do it I deactivate the effect before playing anything and sadly if I released how to deactivate it then it would also let people know how to activate it in the first place so I can't let that information get out there so it can affect more people but you just stated you don't do it on purpose everyone in a league doing it is on purpose and then when it's pointed out their only answer is "lets not play if you cry :)" and that is verbatim if I really wanted to I could use it and tell the rest of my league how to do it and that it's mandatory but it's cheating so I'm not down for that and I don't surround myself with cheaters either

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
you play one part of the game prior to playing another part of the game and then its considered "cheating"??

stewie.. in super mario 1, did you play the game all the way through or did you use the 'secret' tunnels occasionally?? :D :D

baning players for this glitch use is EXTREME

What you're referencing is something that was put there on purpose in a game that is not played against other users that is nothing like playing something vs other users and using a flaw in the system to cheat on the other users

bbs3

Rookie 1
is is cheating no matter how you call it. But agree nobody should be banned because in a away it is EA's fault to allow it.

Given that it takes ages for EA to correct glitches and in the interest of fairness to everybody, it would be nice if everybody to be aware of it so when playing lvl is a level playing field......

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
is is cheating no matter how you call it. But agree nobody should be banned because in a away it is EA's fault to allow it.

Given that it takes ages for EA to correct glitches and in the interest of fairness to everybody, it would be nice if everybody to be aware of it so when playing lvl is a level playing field......

That is a slippery slope it is mainly used by top 100 leagues and putting it in the public will make matters worse it won't level the playing field because it will only widen the amount that use it but it won't be out there for every player in the game so instead of leveling the playing field it will only give those that visit here (or wherever it's shared) a chance at it and the majority of players aren't part of any community for this game so they will be left in the dust unless their LvL opponent come out and says "hey we're cheating against you but here's how you can cheat against us" which will never happen so it's best to keep it as secret as possible so only the few piece of shit leagues and players that currently do it are the only ones

Also I'm not calling for any bans because I know EA won't ban people anyways without video evidence recorded by them of them doing it is shown

bbs3

Rookie 1
For a lot players who have been since season 1, LvL is the single most important reason why keep playing NBA Live together with showdown since mid season 2. So facing teams manipulating the glitch takes away the enjoyment of the game.

At least EA should give us the option of quitting a tourn when facing glitchers so we do lose our time and stamina.

EA listen and act quickly....Its a matter of time before the glitch method spreads.

edlllpt

Pro 1
my issue with this is that I had a few quarters with the 100 percentages without any intent, and I don't know what triggered it.

So while you can tell some leagues figured out the trigger and are getting it on purpose and that's clearly cheating/abuse

I think it will be problematic if we start throwing accusations individually about something that can happen by accident, which is the case of this glitch.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
For a lot players who have been since season 1, LvL is the single most important reason why keep playing NBA Live together with showdown since mid season 2. So facing teams manipulating the glitch takes away the enjoyment of the game.

At least EA should give us the option of quitting a tourn when facing glitchers so we do lose our time and stamina.

EA listen and act quickly....Its a matter of time before the glitch method spreads.

Yeah there hasn't been a season where LvL wasn't tainted by cheating unfortunately and that's part of the reason that's one of the top leagues have been near the top the whole time some do have real skills but they some are willing to cheat no matter what

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
my issue with this is that I had a few quarters with the 100 percentages without any intent, and I don't know what triggered it.

So while you can tell some leagues figured out the trigger and are getting it on purpose and that's clearly cheating/abuse

I think it will be problematic if we start throwing accusations individually about something that can happen by accident, which is the case of this glitch.

Oh yeah definitely this is meant for the leagues that are doing it widespread and for whatever inevitable glitch people use in LvL when this one is finally fixed

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I would also like to add that anyone that says how to do the glitch will get banned indefinitely because we don't condone the spread of glitches done by users that negatively affect other users

I would also like to add that anyone that says how to do the glitch will get banned indefinitely because we don't condone the spread of glitches done by users that negatively affect other users

I remember you said you wanted screen shots, it should allow you to view that tournament by clicking your league record once you're in your league page.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I didn't realize there was a way to make the glitch happen on purpose. I've personally only had it once so far and with shot feedback turned off I didn't even realize it because sometimes if I spread the ball around well enough each player hits their 3's. When I turned shot feedback back on, I've also had instances where I didn't get any feedback but felt like some quarters were obivously better than others. I've already lost more lvl quarters this season than I did all of last season so now it makes sense that the AI advantage is real.

What will really piss me off is if EA releases the updated app but it's not a mandatory update to play - meaning those cheaters will be able to continue cheating with no recourse.

I didn't realize there was a way to make the glitch happen on purpose. I've personally only had it once so far and with shot feedback turned off I didn't even realize it because sometimes if I spread the ball around well enough each player hits their 3's. When I turned shot feedback back on, I've also had instances where I didn't get any feedback but felt like some quarters were obivously better than others. I've already lost more lvl quarters this season than I did all of last season so now it makes sense that the AI advantage is real.

What will really piss me off is if EA releases the updated app but it's not a mandatory update to play - meaning those cheaters will be able to continue cheating with no recourse.

Surely they've learned from this lesson in the past....we can only hope

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

I remember you said you wanted screen shots, it should allow you to view that tournament by clicking your league record once you're in your league page.

Yeah I knew that already my point of bringing up screenshots earlier is I only have a screenshot from when the tournament ended which does show the scores but it doesn't show the scores that they put up before some of us played so it doesn't show strictly what they gave up to the AI because by the time I noticed it was too late

Williamof3

Rookie 1
Not sure how the glitch works but if you have to do something to activate it (or something intentional) it?s cheating if it just happens I would say it?s not.

Yeah I knew that already my point of bringing up screenshots earlier is I only have a screenshot from when the tournament ended which does show the scores but it doesn't show the scores that they put up before some of us played so it doesn't show strictly what they gave up to the AI because by the time I noticed it was too late

Ahh yes ok. I figured you knew about that but just in case....

betaman411

All-Star 1
Not sure how the glitch works but if you have to do something to activate it (or something intentional) it?s cheating if it just happens I would say it?s not.
Yeah but the issue here is that if you do know how to activate it then pleading ignorance isn't really a defense. At this point, I'd prefer not to know so when it does happen, I know I won't feel guilty shooting my normal 3's! My league just lot a tournament because a guy went +36 to finish (not saying that's impossible without it but pretty suspicious otherwise).

bbs3

Rookie 1
if you look at the top teams in league rankings, and you notice the differential between total points scored and total points against you can pretty much tell which teams are cheating. It is dead easy...

Also not talking about a player scoring +36 points, we are talking all the players in team scoring such numbers....Whole team is cheating....Hope it gets fixed soon.

betaman411

All-Star 1
if you look at the top teams in league rankings, and you notice the differential between total points scored and total points against you can pretty much tell which teams are cheating. It is dead easy...

Also not talking about a player scoring +36 points, we are talking all the players in team scoring such numbers....Whole team is cheating....Hope it gets fixed soon.

My team is currently not in the Top 100 so it only takes 1 or 2 guys exploiting the glitch to influence a tournament and it goes "under the radar". The Top 10-25 teams are ridiculous in terms of the lengths they will go to in order to maintain their rank. Maybe not all of them but a vast majority - and as you point out, the differentials are ridiculous even if you consider 32 members in the team played all tournaments.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.