• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Boosts S5

Altavilla

Pro 1
Does anyone know how boosts work this season?

There is no boost description in the card and they come with names such as “court general” and “love boost” that affect various stats and tell me little about what they do. I hate it

If anyone figures out any of the boosts please share your findings (I’m too old for such shit)

Steve Rogers

Rookie 2
Court general probably for passing
Wallbreakers(or something like that) probably for blocking
Snipershoot(or something like that) probably for 3pt
More of the same type players boost is higher
Only thing i dont understand is how these 89+ ovr lineups have almost every category filled with boost

Steve Rogers

Rookie 2
Or they maybe give boost to more ability e.x. wallbreakers maybe give boost to all defensive ability,shooting boost to all shooting ability
I have no idea how i got all of these boosts because i just have nash and orlando shirt as boost item

Attachments

• 20210212_105432.jpg
    20210212_105432.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 765
  • 20210212_105411.jpg
    20210212_105411.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 900

bbs3

Rookie 1
well try to get the coach from live pass and you will see even better boosts.

my observation for season 5 boosts is that they are kind of thematic.

so for example 'high flyer ' boost gives boosts to many different sub traits.

as opposed to providing just a boost to one single stat. if it makes sense.

dub365

All-Star 1
what we need is a list of these boost for future reference.
It's pointless bc it's a total clusterf*ck. There are zero explanations on boosts. Half of them don't show up visually and possibly literally. Cards don't say whether the boost applies to player or team. There are 3 play styles this season yet I have a Strategic (yellow) Boost item that only gives a boost to Power (orange) Play style. Tell me how that works? If you want to buy a jersey on the AH for example, you MIGHT be able to figure out which stats it gives a boost to...... But you won't know how many points it boosts.

It's all such an afterthought. It's the beginning of the season and with Live pass boosts(jersey, court, Coach) plus a couple player boosts....I had 80 boost points on a player......double boosted his OVR. Smh...

Altavilla

Pro 1
Thanks for the input guys.

Let's hope EA clears it out somehow. The boost exist so that the card is valued by players. This mess defeats that purpose since players can't tell what the boosts are to compare cards

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Boosts come in sets of Stat boosts now that's why guys have so many boosts on their cards I've seen cards with +2 overall when I looked a week ago that's why so many people that finished the live pass use bango because it gives a bunch of boosts so yes they're in themes unless a specific stat is mentioned like with Kerr or Nash

For instance the 77+ (maybe more but I haven't seen one between 72 and 76 yet) monthly master support cards all give multiple +2 boosts to position (I have 78 Jones and 77 Dandridge on my bench to boost my starting SG and SF) the same goes with 88 Robertson but he may boost the team I'm not sure because I don't have him but he does have an ultra tier glass cleaner boost while most other ones are gold tier

dub365

All-Star 1
How does it make sense that Gold Jersey A boosts a ton of stats under the description Stonewall and High Flyer (which are groupings of stats) but
Gold Jersey B gives boost to Defensive Rebounding and Scoring with Contact? They don't look any different, no promo badging or anything else. As far as I'm concerned, these jersey should be fairly equal in their strength yet vary in what they boost. I feel like the Magic Jersey should be an Elite instead of Gold. Just makes it confusing.
Screenshot_20210212-193757.png
Screenshot_20210212-193843.png
Screenshot_20210212-193904.png
Screenshot_20210212-193932.png

And then you have the issue of either a Visual or a legitimate bug on the boosts.
If I use the Charlotte jersey I can boost Penny to 91 OVR with a total of 52 stat boost pts.
Screenshot_20210212-200628.png
Screenshot_20210212-200636.png
Screenshot_20210212-200644.png

If I swap that for the Magic Jersey, which appears to be far superior..... Penny drops back to 90 OVR. This despite having 59 total boost pts in the exact same stat categories...
Screenshot_20210212-201049.png

Screenshot_20210212-201058.png
Screenshot_20210212-201105.png

dub365

All-Star 1
Also, why can't they include a description when I click on the Jersey for details? Why even allow me to click on the Jersey when it shows me absolutely nothing different than the previous screen? Mind boggling tbh
Screenshot_20210212-195237.png
Screenshot_20210212-195226.png

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
How does it make sense that Gold Jersey A boosts a ton of stats under the description Stonewall and High Flyer (which are groupings of stats) but
Gold Jersey B gives boost to Defensive Rebounding and Scoring with Contact? They don't look any different, no promo badging or anything else. As far as I'm concerned, these jersey should be fairly equal in their strength yet vary in what they boost. I feel like the Magic Jersey should be an Elite instead of Gold. Just makes it confusing.
View attachment 5589 View attachment 5590 View attachment 5591 View attachment 5592
And then you have the issue of either a Visual or a legitimate bug on the boosts.
If I use the Charlotte jersey I can boost Penny to 91 OVR with a total of 52 stat boost pts.
View attachment 5595 View attachment 5596 View attachment 5597
If I swap that for the Magic Jersey, which appears to be far superior..... Penny drops back to 90 OVR. This despite having 59 total boost pts in the exact same stat categories...
View attachment 5598

View attachment 5599 View attachment 5600
They "rushed" a cha ge they weren't ready for it's nothing new because they have proven to be idiots no matter which regime

TomH

Pro 2
It seems like we will just get what we get and that’s that. While I like the gigantic boosts, I suppose; if we lose boosts reliant mainly on player boosts to team, then we lose the main managerial part of the game. To me, one of the best parts.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
It seems like we will just get what we get and that’s that. While I like the gigantic boosts, I suppose; if we lose boosts reliant mainly on player boosts to team, then we lose the main managerial part of the game. To me, one of the best parts.
I think that could be a good thing because I remember years ago I stumbled across a phenomenon where boosts can have a negative impact if they get too big

dub365

All-Star 1
I think that could be a good thing because I remember years ago I stumbled across a phenomenon where boosts can have a negative impact if they get too big
I can't wait to see what bizarre ideas they come up with for Abilities. You know they're going to tweak them some way, somehow

Steve Rogers

Rookie 2
I can't wait to see what bizarre ideas they come up with for Abilities. You know they're going to tweak them some way, somehow
Something like 3pt clutch but if activated in last 10 seconds of the quarter it will force a defender into making a foul...imagine how many user would be triggered by this 😂😂

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.