• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

101 OVR Muresan

X020179

Pro 1
Not really questioning players honesty. Just trying to say it?s too much for a card at this stage of the game. I would have to have about 700M to consider spending 70M on a card right now.
How wealthy would you say some of those players are? :)

Legitimately, (From sniping, not buying coins/exploiting the bot with golds, etc)?

I?d say upwards 200m~. Most I had this season was 352m before the bot came.

Wait... you don?t consider selling golds to the bot legitimate?

It seems to me as legit as sniping for underpriced cards in a microsecond. Maybe more, considering ppl with fast connection have a huge advantage.

I consider it illegitimate because it?s a broken mechanic in the game, and people have around 400m coins because of it

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Legitimately, (From sniping, not buying coins/exploiting the bot with golds, etc)?

I?d say upwards 200m~. Most I had this season was 352m before the bot came.

It seems to me as legit as sniping for underpriced cards in a microsecond. Maybe more, considering ppl with fast connection have a huge advantage.

I consider it illegitimate because it?s a broken mechanic in the game, and people have around 400m coins because of it

Oh yeah definitely illegitimate in a sense but then again we've all done it at some point wether on purpose or accident but the guys with 102+ teams and 100s of millions of coins definitely took advantage of it I know of people posting 1000s of golds daily just to get millions of coins daily that is overboard and is exploiting it for all it's worth I didn't use it that much because I really couldn't be bothered with it same with grinding SD and selling the player

Altavilla

Pro 1

Oh yeah definitely illegitimate in a sense but then again we've all done it at some point wether on purpose or accident but the guys with 102+ teams and 100s of millions of coins definitely took advantage of it I know of people posting 1000s of golds daily just to get millions of coins daily that is overboard and is exploiting it for all it's worth I didn't use it that much because I really couldn't be bothered with it same with grinding SD and selling the player

Well, I don?t consider it illegitimate in any way. If the bot is buying, I?ll be selling. It?s the same as when the bot posts cards with a much lower than market price BIN (I once got a F&I Simmons for around 6M and then sold it for 15M). And it?s not like posting 1000s of golds is an effortless thing.

What I consider ilegitimate is using your own bot and what was going on before the EA bot, when players had multiple accounts to feed a main account.
This is EA?s game. They make the rules. I play by their rules. Everyone can do the same. Seems fair to me.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
It looks like everyone has their own version of what is legit.. I don't consider feeder accounts as not legit as the person still has to put in the time.. the only thing actually not legit is coinsellers (can we use the dreaded word on this site...lol) and 3rd party cash...

X020179

Pro 1

Well, I don?t consider it illegitimate in any way. If the bot is buying, I?ll be selling. It?s the same as when the bot posts cards with a much lower than market price BIN (I once got a F&I Simmons for around 6M and then sold it for 15M). And it?s not like posting 1000s of golds is an effortless thing.

What I consider ilegitimate is using your own bot and what was going on before the EA bot, when players had multiple accounts to feed a main account.
This is EA?s game. They make the rules. I play by their rules. Everyone can do the same. Seems fair to me.

Sorry but that sounds like a biased argument considering your thread on GG from how this was the only source of coins you were getting

Also that point with the Simmons, that is a SNIPE, that has been a thing since the SL came out, the gold player GLITCH is a game exploit

edlllpt

Pro 1
Calling the gold-player-thing a glitch is something that I disagree from the beginning of the gg threads.

If you randomly post an overpriced gold card and well, it sold, someone else made an action to buy a card.

If you post a card and there's a web you're connected to that is buying that specific card, like whoever was buying Tatums a while ago https://i.imgur.com/hOQnNAe.png, then that's a manipulation of the system.

Altavilla

Pro 1

Sorry but that sounds like a biased argument considering your thread on GG from how this was the only source of coins you were getting

Also that point with the Simmons, that is a SNIPE, that has been a thing since the SL came out, the gold player GLITCH is a game exploit

I know that is a snipe and I never stated that this is my only source of coins.

Sorry you feel this way. I hope ?cheaters? like me don?t spoil your game experience too much :roll:

Altavilla

Pro 1
Calling the gold-player-thing a glitch is something that I disagree from the beginning of the gg threads.

If you randomly post an overpriced gold card and well, it sold, someone else made an action to buy a card.

If you post a card and there's a web you're connected to that is buying that specific card, like whoever was buying Tatums a while ago https://i.imgur.com/hOQnNAe.png, then that's a manipulation of the system.

I agree with you. Even the way the game is setup (menus, AH layout specially the selling part) point in the direction that EA wants the player to be able to buy and put for sale a lot of cards. I figure this is because, like in a real market, there is the need for volume (quantity of cards bought/sold) and for arbitration (players constantly watching the market looking for a way to make a profit).

I didn?t see those Tatums but I?m not sure that?s human action. However maybe someone with a good understanding of how the bot operates (which I don?t have yet) and a lot of resources (help from others, multi-accounts and a lot of time) could manipulate the market in such a way as to cause the market to go up and down.
I?m not really sure if that would be cheating but I certainly agree that would be an undesired manipulation.
I?m sure of one thing: if any human can manipulate a market like that, you don?t have a market. (In fact, that?s a very common reason why markets close. It all goes down to lack of volume. Maybe that?s EA?s main problem and the bot is there, in part, to compensate that.)

X020179

Pro 1

I know that is a snipe and I never stated that this is my only source of coins.

Sorry you feel this way. I hope ?cheaters? like me don?t spoil your game experience too much :roll:

But you did state that it was the only way you were getting coins. And I couldn?t care less what you do but there?s no reason to be a smartass about it

trapstarisu

Rookie 1
Since we're on the subject about coins, who wants to donate some? Jk

I don't think there's anything wrong with making money off the gold player glitch. If you think about it, EA tried to make things harder by implementing this bot system, so what's wrong with finessing the system? Isn't that how some rich people get rich?

betaman411

All-Star 1
I think you guys are splitting hairs here on what's "legitimate" or not. If you think sniping AH drops is legit then I don't see why selling golds wouldn't also be considered legit. Conversely, I believe the opposite to also be true (i.e. if one is illegit then both should be considered illegit).

A purist would say neither is legit because it's very unlikely that EA "intended" for either behavior to be on purpose. Having said that, my personal opinion is that finding nuances like these in the game is part of achieving a competitive advantage over other players and should reward those individuals accordingly. Clearly, buying cash, coins or even accounts outside of EA's control is against their ToS and should be considered an illegitimate means of accruing coins.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I think you guys are splitting hairs here on what's "legitimate" or not. If you think sniping AH drops is legit then I don't see why selling golds wouldn't also be considered legit. Conversely, I believe the opposite to also be true (i.e. if one is illegit then both should be considered illegit).

A purist would say neither is legit because it's very unlikely that EA "intended" for either behavior to be on purpose. Having said that, my personal opinion is that finding nuances like these in the game is part of achieving a competitive advantage over other players and should reward those individuals accordingly. Clearly, buying cash, coins or even accounts outside of EA's control is against their ToS and should be considered an illegitimate means of accruing coins.

Sniping is something that has always existed like in real life there will be an item someone is selling that is sold for less then it's worth and it's flipped so it's not illegitimate at all whereas if people are posting 1000s of golds daily and amassing vast fortunes doing that then complaining about it not working as well then it is definitely something that they abused and feel they can't live without something I know of from people who have done that but those that haven't done it much don't feel the same as those that have like with the clutch changes on LeBron and Harden the ones with the cards cared more then those without them

betaman411

All-Star 1

Sniping is something that has always existed like in real life there will be an item someone is selling that is sold for less then it's worth and it's flipped so it's not illegitimate at all whereas if people are posting 1000s of golds daily and amassing vast fortunes doing that then complaining about it not working as well then it is definitely something that they abused and feel they can't live without something I know of from people who have done that but those that haven't done it much don't feel the same as those that have like with the clutch changes on LeBron and Harden the ones with the cards cared more then those without them
I don?t believe the majority of the bin snipes on AH drops are mistake listings. I?m not talking about the rare cards but rather the promo cards. Those are way too consistent to be random listings. Hard to say whether or not EA does it on purpose though?!

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.