• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Will EA ever fix dang gameplay?

TWICE

Rookie 1
- AI constantly getting rebound
- Players saving the ball only to pass AI
- AI making every single impossible shots
- Blocks and steals always going to AI.
- AI getting away with all kinds of fouls and illegal moves while I get punished if I do double-team.

Can EA be more focus on gameplay rather than coming up with these promos?

hviana1979

Rookie 1
All those things have improved for me, at least.

I'm getting tons of rebounds lately, never had that experience before.

dub365

All-Star 1
It's heading in the right direction I think. But there are still 2 major things that get me fired up

1) Turnovers. It's somehow set up so that when you force a turnover, the AI actively seeks out the ball and/or the ball is directed towards them. 8/10 times it happens. Every single one of us has experienced it. You can have a crazy good defensive possession where you block it 3 diff times and every time it goes right back to the offense and eventually they score on you. Or the highly regular steal from the PG where the wing KNOWS it's gonna happen and runs up at the perfect time to grab it. These things should be able to be fixed easily. If I steal the ball, my players shouldn't stand there looking at the ball whereas when I steal it, the opponents all immediately run for it. It should work the same way for everyone on the court.

2) Contested/ guarded shots. Kills me that there can be a defender farther than arm's length away and it affects my shot but when I'm closely guarding a ball handler at the 3pt line, he can just decide to throw it up in my face & make it more often than not. It's feels doubly unfair bc if I'm quick enough to block it......see item #1. The premise is great, that a defender close by will alter your shot. The implementation stinks bc it isn't set to the same parameters for user vs AI.

betaman411

All-Star 1
It's heading in the right direction I think. But there are still 2 major things that get me fired up

1) Turnovers. It's somehow set up so that when you force a turnover, the AI actively seeks out the ball and/or the ball is directed towards them. 8/10 times it happens. Every single one of us has experienced it. You can have a crazy good defensive possession where you block it 3 diff times and every time it goes right back to the offense and eventually they score on you. Or the highly regular steal from the PG where the wing KNOWS it's gonna happen and runs up at the perfect time to grab it. These things should be able to be fixed easily. If I steal the ball, my players shouldn't stand there looking at the ball whereas when I steal it, the opponents all immediately run for it. It should work the same way for everyone on the court.

2) Contested/ guarded shots. Kills me that there can be a defender farther than arm's length away and it affects my shot but when I'm closely guarding a ball handler at the 3pt line, he can just decide to throw it up in my face & make it more often than not. It's feels doubly unfair bc if I'm quick enough to block it......see item #1. The premise is great, that a defender close by will alter your shot. The implementation stinks bc it isn't set to the same parameters for user vs AI.
+1...my two biggest peeves with current gameplay.

Exactly.

The turnovers thing is less painful with manual defence if you switch players very fast & run at the same time to the ball. With auto defense is awful, all those players looking at the clouds/roof doing nothing to grab the ball.

Since I have Elevate Whiteside, rebounds have been in my favor more than ever. I've always thought that rebounds is more about players than gameplay.

TWICE

Rookie 1

Exactly.

The turnovers thing is less painful with manual defence if you switch players very fast & run at the same time to the ball. With auto defense is awful, all those players looking at the clouds/roof doing nothing to grab the ball.

Since I have Elevate Whiteside, rebounds have been in my favor more than ever. I've always thought that rebounds is more about players than gameplay.

Anyone having issue with manual switch? My switch responds very slow

I don't see how anyone can say gameplay is improved when we've had the EXACT SAME gameplay since the birth of this game. What exactly has improved? Dunks are the same, rebounds are the same, shooting is the same, etc. The only thing that has been added to gameplay is new indicators, that's it.

People need to stop saying that gameplay has improved when NOTHING has changed and NOTHING has been added to improve it. All this does is give developers a false sense of accomplishment when they've literally done nothing to gameplay. I'm I missing a secret update that specifically mentions & addresses improvements to gameplay, because there's been NONE since inception. When major improvements do happen we will hear about them because we will be told via twitter, discord or the update screen in the store. But for now subjective experiences such as all of a sudden getting more rebounds does not mean that an actual improvement has been made when no update exists for said improvement.

kirid96

Rookie 1

Spot on.

A first for me today though: the ball was going out of bounds, kawhi saved it and actually swiped it up court (instead of to the closest opponent player) with curry running towards it for a fast break!

Question is have they been tweaking minor things or was this just a once in a blue moon event?

For me content has been decent, can prob mask another season of sub-par gameplay, but I'd be disappointed if there aren't any more substantial changes by S4

kirid96

Rookie 1
haha...

anyone managed to get today's update yet? i'm still waiting for the asia update

notice any difference in gameplay at all?

Heatculture

Rookie 1
Well, I must say, I?m somewhat impressed. Don?t know if it?s chance or not.. but 11 showdown games 10-1, I?ve only gave up two offensive rebounds and got one clear block.

Whether it?s luck or not, I don?t know!!! But if they fixed it as Brian was saying (rebounds etc) that?s a great start. Impressed so far, will be good to see how others have got on..

Drowzy

Rookie 1
haha my centre just grabbing the ball straight out of AI's hand :lol:

Edit: Contesting AI's shots seems to be working, switching is slower..

ninjaspeed11

Rookie 1
I find the gameplay a lot better after the update: rebounding is there (although you don't always get the ball even though you think from the screen view that your player's hands are there first), players are jumping or catch the ball. The players also look less silly when there is a loose ball around, they actually pick the ball.
But I didn't really like the slow motion thing, I turned it off after a few games. It happened once that the opponent AI was about to go for a dunk, then one of my player stole the ball. The slow motion continued for a few seconds to focus on the opponent AI and I could not see where was the ball.

GoonSquad_12

Rookie 1
I need some feedback on rebounding because I need to know how my center/forwards like Shaq and Wilt are being snagged on by guards like Curry. Also, 50/50 balls (rebounds, steals, loose balls,etc) usually go to the AI for me too.

I just played an opponent 3 ovr higher than me and oh boy game play sucked! Every open shot I took (midrange or 3) missed with Curry and Tatum while their Mutombo hit 4, yes FOUR contested 3s with two of them being fadeaways! The A.I refuses to recognize contested shots for my opponent and it's way worse if your at a disadvantage. Gameplay is still very broken in my opinion. Also when your wide open most shots register as guarded shots now. It doesn't matter if the defender is no where close, I keep getting guarded feedback. I like the wow/slow motion camera but you know what would be even better if we had new dunks to look at in slow motion and not the same old animations.

One positive for users with Chinese devices. They seemed to optimize something. Before the update it was near impossible to steal with Chinese devices but i had no issues with other devices like apple. Now i can steal pretty easily when using my Chinese devices.

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1
One thing i really do like about the update is that the camera seems to pan at a different angle, makes things much easier to see when you're at the lower part of the court. I quite enjoy the slow mo cam on alley-oops, too.

On the down side though, the AI still seems OP as hell. They're consistently making shots when both indicators are in the red (e.g. off balance and guarded, shot is going in any way) where my players don't get that luxury.

On the down side though, the AI still seems OP as hell. They're consistently making shots when both indicators are in the red (e.g. off balance and guarded, shot is going in any way) where my players don't get that luxury.
That's the issue I've been having as well. The opponents A.i does not recognize a contested shot. Shots go in despite being heavily contested. I've even had moments where my defender is right in their face and jumps up for the block but the shots still goes in with the indicator claiming an open shot. This happens more often when I'm facing a higher ovr opponent.

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1
That's the issue I've been having as well. The opponents A.i does not recognize a contested shot. Shots go in despite being heavily contested. I've even had moments where my defender is right in their face and jumps up for the block but the shots still goes in with the indicator claiming an open shot. This happens more often when I'm facing a higher ovr opponent.

Yeah, same for me. In showdown if i get an opponent with a higher OVR i know i'm screwed no matter how well i play. Honestly i think in SD, the fact that we're at a skill disadvantage already, then the opponent gets a bonus to attributes and we get ours decreased is enough to make it difficult. They don't need to then make the opponent AI in to all stars while ours play like rejects from the WNBA.
Last night i had multiple occasions where the AI would get "open shot" even though on one occasion i had 2 people guarding, one of whom jumped to make the block.
I also had an occasion where the opponent AI got a rebound without jumping, while 2 of my guys jumped and apparently missed the ball.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.