• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

What’s your arena mode lineup?

cire2245

Rookie 3
So the arena mode finally made available in my area. The lag, shot meter and auto-switch defense contributes to a different experience in gameplay as well as that the opponent you are facing is human. My first game with my 110 lineup got beaten up easily by a 106 opponent. So made adjustment right away and put mm curry for clutch which helped me win 4 in a row before getting my 2nd loss. I realized that your main lineup which you usually used in sd and and lvl can not be as effective in pvp, so my question is how you are building your pvp lineup or what kind of lineup you are having trouble the most regardless of team ovr? Is it composed of clutch players or stacking your team with 3point boost, or counter your opponent with defensive stats like height, speed, agility, obd, etc.? Right now i only have 1 clutch player with 109 team and haven’t used to shot meter yet so relying only on 2s with occasional 3s. My 2nd tourney isn’t as good as i only able to win once. So far almost all...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
My lineup consists of nothing because I don't play it ever since I played 3 matches and couldn't stand using autoswitch

cire2245

Rookie 3
My lineup consists of nothing because I don't play it ever since I played 3 matches and couldn't stand using autoswitch
Yeah, auto switch is a pain. Like playing with your hands tied up. Hopefully they bring the manual back and fix everything soon or before season 4 starts.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Yeah, auto switch is a pain. Like playing with your hands tied up. Hopefully they bring the manual back and fix everything soon or before season 4 starts.
One can only hope I was willing to play after looking at all of the foam fingers you can get but after I tried it last week I changed my mind and haven't played since and that was the 1st day it opened to North America

edlllpt

Pro 1
I don't have any updated references lately from other modes,

but I'm playing with this (108ovr), resulting in 4-1-3-2-5 wins today

GGTboA1.png

amount of abilities made the difference in a lot of games won and lost. One or two good blocks were often the key to turnarounds as well.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
based on my limited experience..
having players that can drive in and dunk or players with dunk animations is a good strategy..
also atleast 2 to 3 clutches.. the combination will get u quick dunks between clutches

TomH

Pro 2
I have lots of clutches. Found I can easily fast break and dunk without ITP or dunk boosts. Finally getting a handle on manual 3s and midrange. But every time I have to remind myself to let off early. Played some kid tonight who rage quit down 11-5 - Stopped inbounding the ball. So I just kept burying manual 3s for 30 points. Good practice. Thanks kid.

Steve Rogers

Rookie 2
Get all players with ability,dont go with OVR as for now it doesnt matter at all
Example:Cousy with double 2pt clutch,curry with double 3pt clutch,any sf that has double 2-3pt clutch,bird or nowitzki with 3pt clutch(dirk has double) and any center with ITP ability
You will get min 15 pts just from clutch pts,this way is the most safest way for now because the shooting button doesnt work at all(at least for me till my player release the ball he will be blocked always)....and yes as stewie mentioned that auto-switch button is a true nightmare this is why i dont play so much PvP,but in those matcjes i play i always use lineup with ability because boost and ovr dont play that much role

TomH

Pro 2
There are some really good players in the arena late night. Makes for much more fun matches. Gonna be tired tomorrow

HANZ

Rookie 1
I played all 25 matches and it was amazing, no lag, no bugs. The device needs enough RAM and excellent WiFi is needed. Will record it later. The Ea baseline view works much better in this mode.

My starting 5 is: Clutch UA Curry, BB West, ITP Dr J, Clutch Bird, Doble ITP Admiral

This nerfed my lineup to 108 but doesnt matter.

HeinieManush

Rookie 1
I have lots of clutches. Found I can easily fast break and dunk without ITP or dunk boosts. Finally getting a handle on manual 3s and midrange. But every time I have to remind myself to let off early. Played some kid tonight who rage quit down 11-5 - Stopped inbounding the ball. So I just kept burying manual 3s for 30 points. Good practice. Thanks kid.

FYI I have had lag issues where the inbound couldn't happen in time. It's happened several times a game. So it might not have been a rage quit.

I do not criticize the developers because I think it is a great game but they probably should have left the inbound penalty out until the latency stuff could get addressed.

betaman411

All-Star 1
FYI I have had lag issues where the inbound couldn't happen in time. It's happened several times a game. So it might not have been a rage quit.

I do not criticize the developers because I think it is a great game but they probably should have left the inbound penalty out until the latency stuff could get addressed.
Agree, same with back court violation but I understand why they're there (when the game is working correctly).

TomH

Pro 2
Agree, same with back court violation but I understand why they're there (when the game is working correctly).
I guess I’ve Been lucky. Haven’t had that problem. (Unless it was my fault. Lol).

warts and all, I enjoy pvp more than any other game mode for one big reason - no OP ai!

Heatculture

Rookie 1
I won 12 straight with this lineup. Find clutch and bb probably the most important. Got two foam fingers lol. Ideal. I find driving hard and dunking works if ur signal is somewhat shakey and if it’s solid then 3s from corner work.

Attachments

• 325189EC-3722-44E3-A519-75F3EA5B4442.png
    325189EC-3722-44E3-A519-75F3EA5B4442.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 280

cire2245

Rookie 3
I won 12 straight with this lineup. Find clutch and bb probably the most important. Got two foam fingers lol. Ideal. I find driving hard and dunking works if ur signal is somewhat shakey and if it’s solid then 3s from corner work.
Yeah, a couple of clutch and a bb is very helpful (pre-charged ones will be more advantageous). Recorded 10-1 today with this lineup. Good thing i am able to reuse my old cards for this lineup. In my other account i even using my 99 master harden. Able to defeat some higher ovr than me. Just have to be very cautious on first 1.5 min not to make turnovers and sure 2s only and fire all those clutches on last minute for almost guaranteed 9 points (missed curry clutch once).
917DE08D-F964-406D-B85D-412E19331292.png

Dew1410

Rookie 1
So the arena mode finally made available in my area. The lag, shot meter and auto-switch defense contributes to a different experience in gameplay as well as that the opponent you are facing is human. My first game with my 110 lineup got beaten up easily by a 106 opponent. So made adjustment right away and put mm curry for clutch which helped me win 4 in a row before getting my 2nd loss. I realized that your main lineup which you usually used in sd and and lvl can not be as effective in pvp, so my question is how you are building your pvp lineup or what kind of lineup you are having trouble the most regardless of team ovr? Is it composed of clutch players or stacking your team with 3point boost, or counter your opponent with defensive stats like height, speed, agility, obd, etc.? Right now i only have 1 clutch player with 109 team and haven’t used to shot meter yet so relying only on 2s with occasional 3s. My 2nd tourney isn’t as good as i only able to win once. So far almost all my losses are from opponents who have mastered the 3 point shot meter or have 2 or 3 3pt clutch players
Personally I only play this morning showdown trying to find people

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.