• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

TIP OFF PROMO EARLY PREVIEW

Jack,

If you were to grind Wilt from scratch it would take 248 tokens.

248/6 = 41.3 x 9999 = 413,292

Obviously, no-one is going to be starting from scratch but I still think it's crazy that we have to pay for tokens.

Techon

Rookie 1
Jack,

If you were to grind Wilt from scratch it would take 248 tokens.

248/6 = 41.3 x 9999 = 413,292

Obviously, no-one is going to be starting from scratch but I still think it's crazy that we have to pay for tokens.

I think buck has over 400k coins, meaning he will probably be able to do it.

Buck already said he'd do it on his main account. It's not just the coins. You need to grind out the silver players as well. It helps if you've pulled base elites since the launch but I've pulled 0. They did give us free elites though so we'll be able to get at least one Hero.

Gareth64

Rookie 1
I actually bought a load of base elites yesterday (60-79k range) straight after seeing the exchange for base elite (+ tokens I think) for tip off elite and elite coach because I haven?t got any elites from packs at all since the start with s2 rewards.

I know there?s a 12 hour cooldown but you can keep the 82-85 tip off heroes for your lineup when you exchange for 3 tip off elites or sell them or use them of course for Wilt.

Healer

Rookie 1
I actually bought a load of base elites yesterday (60-79k range) straight after seeing the exchange for base elite (+ tokens I think) for tip off elite and elite coach because I haven?t got any elites from packs at all since the start with s2 rewards.

I know there?s a 12 hour cooldown but you can keep the 82-85 tip off heroes for your lineup when you exchange for 3 tip off elites or sell them or use them of course for Wilt.
Not sure what u mean by "or use them" cuz when u claim them u already "used" them ..

Gareth64

Rookie 1
Yeah sorry, I see what you mean, when you claim them, provided you don?t sell them, you have them and then they contribute to the 4 hero requirement for the final Wilt challenge but at least you have the option of doing either.

I think 4 heroes will be tough to grind, so having some base elites to exchange for tip off elites to put in the hero set could be useful.

(4 silvers for a gold ?> 10 golds for an elite ?> 3 elites for a hero as well as token requirements is gonna be a massive grind imo)

Healer

Rookie 1
Yeah sorry, I see what you mean, when you claim them, provided you don?t sell them, you have them and then they contribute to the 4 hero requirement for the final Wilt challenge but at least you have the option of doing either.

I think 4 heroes will be tough to grind, so having some base elites to exchange for tip off elites to put in the hero set could be useful.

(4 silvers for a gold ?> 10 golds for an elite ?> 3 elites for a hero as well as token requirements is gonna be a massive grind imo)

Yeah I have 15+ elites I packed and couldn't sell so those will help a lot !
The 3 GC who did the preview didn't do the most important thing which is "HOW MUCH THE EVENTS COST (stamina)" ..
I'm gonna grind and won't use cash for those crap packs (even tho I have 11k) so I just hope the 1 silver player cost 20 stamina max (15 would be amazing, like the off-season promo) if it's 30/40 for 2 silvers, that's grindable !

betaman411

All-Star 1
I think both are grindable. We go for Wilt first which would require 4 82-85ovr players. Once we have Wilt, we would have 4 82-85ovrs + Wilt 86ovr which should be enough to open up the 83ovr req for Thomas. Let's not be salty about the promo yet. I'm enjoying the grind and how the game is being balanced for p2w and f2p players like me. :)

I don't think it will be that easy to achieve the 83 OVR for the Tipoff lineup. You'll basically need to average an 80.8 bench even if you pull 4 85's and the 86 from Wilt. The average person will need a +82 Tipoff bench to reach 83 OVR. That's not trivial as far as I can tell from what we know about the promo already (e.g. exchange sets, only 10 days etc.). But it's also not impossible if you've been saving your cash, coin and rep. The bigger question is will it be worth it to spend now or wait for the Halloween promo?!

gnu

Rookie 1
The only rep pack I saw in the preview had a max purchase of 2. Was there another one shown?
In my opinion spending 400-500k for an 86OVR is pretty good and very attainable. 85 LeBron cost more than 3 million, if I recall correctly.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Unfortunately they didn't preview the cards but they finally showed an option to and there are stat boosts on Wilt and Zeke so the return of stat boosts on players is happening

Attachments

• IMG_20181015_144950.jpg
    IMG_20181015_144950.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 995

F4R

Rookie 1
How long is the promo? one week or two?

Each 82+ hero will cost 103K coins and 3000 stamina (pure grinding) , so in two weeks it's possible to grind 4 heroes, but if it's one week promo then it's gonna cost some base elites ...

Gareth64

Rookie 1
10 days I think? If people want to do daily objectives, league, next gen, elevate, SD etc etc then I think realistically people will need to use some base elites if they want the 86 OVRs.

I really hope the XP given per the events is more than what's seen in these previews....20 stamina giving 100 exp? 40 giving 150? 60 giving 150????? If you're gonna bust our heads with the stamina at least make it so it's somewhat consistent with the past. Some of us are at a point where it's 30k+ XP just to level up....

GOGO

Rookie 1
Buck already said he'd do it on his main account. It's not just the coins. You need to grind out the silver players as well. It helps if you've pulled base elites since the launch but I've pulled 0. They did give us free elites though so we'll be able to get at least one Hero.
Really? no elite pull from more than 50 pro packs?

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.