• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Stats don’t matter (?)

Geobatz

Rookie 1
Apparently, stats don?t matter. I have FMVP KD (99 outside shooting 100 3pt), 6th man of the year Jamal ( 94 outside shooting 94 3pt), DS Iverson 97 ( 93 outside shooting 96 3pt ) and today I got MIP Granger( 87 outside shooting 95 3pt), because my Mashburn 99 ( 94 outside shooting 96 3pt) can?t be consistent, just like the rest of them. Especially the classic ones mentioned before, keep having ?missed open look? shots on every and I mean EVERY quarter. I?ve tried every spot: top of the key, corners, wings but nothing works. I keep rotating my my shots so none of them shoots more than 2-3 times per quarter. DS Iverson used to be one of my most ?consistent? ones but something has changed the last 10 days. What should I do,? Buy someone else? If yes, who would you suggest for classic SG & SF?

P.S. Durant has missed 5 fing clutch shots in a week and 2 of them was in the same day. What the actual f@ck! I haven?t missed more than 2 clutch shot in 14 months I play this game.

Alekk

Rookie 2
Based on a little study I did myself, I can say shooting feedback is actually accurate minus rare errors (bad angles, missed clutches). So the odds of making your shot is what it says, but I'll give you a few of my superstitions:
  • OVR advantage heavily affects your shooting even if feedback doesn't say so
  • Shots that have ~60% chance always brick
  • Dunks miss very rarely, but then a few happen in short intervals so it looks like that's often
  • Fadeaways don't affect shooting percentage (this one is undoubtedly true), so they're basically open shots that only look difficult
  • AI Buzzerbeaters go in way too often

There's a rumor that your cards gameplay worsens if you keep it for long, as in EA forces you to buy new cards. I don't buy it personally.
As for missed clutches...idk.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
@geo one suggestion.. the same thing happened to my team some time back.. 3s just dont go in.. that usually means u have to make a roster change.. it could be coach or bench player or starting player. Start with changing the coach.

Geobatz

Rookie 1
Based on a little study I did myself, I can say shooting feedback is actually accurate minus rare errors (bad angles, missed clutches). So the odds of making your shot is what it says, but I'll give you a few of my superstitions:
  • Dunks miss very rarely, but then a few happen in short intervals so it looks like that's often
  • Fadeaways don't affect shooting percentage (this one is undoubtedly true), so they're basically open shots that only look difficult

There's a rumor that your cards gameplay worsens if you keep it for long, as in EA forces you to buy new cards. I don't buy it personally.

I didn't clarify something, my mistake. I meant that everytime I play against lower ovr I brick wide open shots, because against higher ovr I know I'm going to brick shots. So I guess, even this off-def advantage we have in showdown doesn't matter either.

Geobatz

Rookie 1
@geo one suggestion.. the same thing happened to my team some time back.. 3s just dont go in.. that usually means u have to make a roster change.. it could be coach or bench player or starting player. Start with changing the coach.

I've changed 4 SGs and 3 SFs. Both starters and bench. Also, I've tried 3 different coaches. I really don't get it. Maybe because I don't spend real money in this trash game, EA decided to punish me lol!

What up everyone?? Just popping in to say hi as the sun sets on GG and presumably a lot of folks will end up here?

On topic: I have 98 mash and he?s been so good for me from long distance that I sold my 99 classic finals bird. He?s money from all around the perimeter for me, so I can?t say what might be going on for you. Team chemistry must be it?

edlllpt

Pro 1
@geobatz, I think you may be demanding more than any player can give, leaving you always unsatisfied xD

at the end of the day, it's going to be 2/3 or 3/4 with mostly everyone with decent stats, a few games where everything goes in despite 0 perfect releases and a few games with more misses than made baskets despite perfect releases.

for example 98 Mashburn is being fine for me as well so far, but mostly against low ovr competition.

revride

Rookie 1
The system pre-determines if you're going to have a good, average or bad quarter. Doesn't matter what players you have or whether you are playing the best game of your life. You can be playing a higher OVR but steal the ball 6-7 times, or grab 0 rebounds against a lower OVR.

Being a higher OVR just increases your chances of getting a favorable quarter.

Sweetenlow87

Rookie 1
I have found its best to split your threes up between at least 3 different players. On my classic lineup I have Granger 95 3pt, Iverson 94 3pt, TOTW Kidd trained to 95 with +1 boost so 96 OVR with 93 3pt, and Platinum Gasol with 91 3pt. I try to make sure my players are open and I hit that green every time (which sometimes I do not...actually most times.) This seems to be a pretty good strategy for me. I find a hot spot behind the arc and maybe shoot two or three with Granger in a row and then go to the same spot and shoot one with Iverson or Kidd. I have also found that if a player scores a time or two like just a layup and maybe a mid range that it makes my chances of making a three with that player go up significantly.

Geobatz

Rookie 1
@geobatz, I think you may be demanding more than any player can give, leaving you always unsatisfied xD

at the end of the day, it's going to be 2/3 or 3/4 with mostly everyone with decent stats, a few games where everything goes in despite 0 perfect releases and a few games with more misses than made baskets despite perfect releases.

for example 98 Mashburn is being fine for me as well so far, but mostly against low ovr competition.

I think about demanding too much some times and then I?m like ?nah? hahaha!
Jamal has gotten better I have to say, but Mashburn not really. Even though I?ve trained him to 101. If he could shoot something like 3/4 I?d be happy, but he doesn?t. I ev n bought Fireworks Bird and maxed him, disappointed with him as well...

Geobatz

Rookie 1
The system pre-determines if you're going to have a good, average or bad quarter. Doesn't matter what players you have or whether you are playing the best game of your life. You can be playing a higher OVR but steal the ball 6-7 times, or grab 0 rebounds against a lower OVR.

Being a higher OVR just increases your chances of getting a favorable quarter.

Ive realized that the system pre-determines the results, believe me. Thats why I?ve come to conclusion that this game is even more trash than I thought...

Geobatz

Rookie 1
I have found its best to split your threes up between at least 3 different players. On my classic lineup I have Granger 95 3pt, Iverson 94 3pt, TOTW Kidd trained to 95 with +1 boost so 96 OVR with 93 3pt, and Platinum Gasol with 91 3pt. I try to make sure my players are open and I hit that green every time (which sometimes I do not...actually most times.) This seems to be a pretty good strategy for me. I find a hot spot behind the arc and maybe shoot two or three with Granger in a row and then go to the same spot and shoot one with Iverson or Kidd. I have also found that if a player scores a time or two like just a layup and maybe a mid range that it makes my chances of making a three with that player go up significantly.

Trust me, I split my shots between 4 guys some times, doesn?t change a thing... maybe having some bad days or haven?t found the right chemistry for my team.

Geobatz

Rookie 1
Also, sorry for getting back to all of you that late, but I was getting kinda bored with the game. I didn?t even grind showdown, since the reward is a trash and one of the most useless cards in the game at this point. Thanks for everyone?s input though.

Altavilla

Pro 1

Nice ;)

The last rumor may be, perhaps, easily explained: as other teams get better, your old cards become more and more disappointing.

66RuckerPark

Rookie 1
Its simple, if you want a better experience just turn off in game feedback.

It?s always off. I just turned it on for a day or two, just to see what excuses EA uses for my missed shots.

I think it could also be cuz all the cards you listed except for Iverson are broken. They dont sprint fast like cards usually do, they have that one set speed where they look like pigeons running. This bug is so annoying and it makes them shoot worser when shooting from the corners. Cards that are broken in this fashion shoot best from the wing and/or free throw line extension.

ls376dC.png

Geobatz

Rookie 1

Nice ;)

The last rumor may be, perhaps, easily explained: as other teams get better, your old cards become more and more disappointing.
So Jamal and Mashburn are considered old now? Damn EA!

betaman411

All-Star 1
Also, sorry for getting back to all of you that late, but I was getting kinda bored with the game. I didn?t even grind showdown, since the reward is a trash and one of the most useless cards in the game at this point. Thanks for everyone?s input though.

I think Kawhi is auctionable but even if he wasn?t, I?m ?grinding? (not really, just Top 500 which is about 10 matches a day) SD for f?ing free TP. This game has so much potential but they continue to F it up at every turn.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.