• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown troubles

miggydaman

Rookie 1
Hey guys! kinda new here. just want to ask if this is normal in showdown? ive been having a hard time getting my rank up. im currently in allstar 3 stars. most of the time this has always been the result. ive been beating them by +8 to +12 and id still lose.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180811-163541.png
    Screenshot_20180811-163541.png
    469.7 KB · Views: 793

JNOH

Rookie 1
That's normal, if you're up against higher OVR opponents, you should expect them to score at least +10 at the least. They usually score +12 to +15 against lower OVRs, sometimes even +18 or higher. But don't count out lower OVRs either, some of them might be really good at the game or just have a team with tough AI to face. The best you could do is improve your margins or upgrade your lineups.

That's normal. If I were a 90 OVR and I faced a 93 OVR I would expect to lose the majority of the time. If you want to get ahead in Showdown you need to keep raising your OVR. You are a clearly a skilled player but there is a limit to how many wins vs losses you can achieve with a 90 OVR team. You start going round and round in circles if for every win you suffer 4 or 5 losses.

cire2245

Rookie 3
Agree. Increase in ovr is the key. You will not always win against lower ovr than yours but in terms of 'chance' of winning, it's higher.

You?ll still lose some games to lower OVRs and win some against higher OVRs no matter what your OVR is. So get used to that. But, your win rate - and your ceiling for ranking/placement - will go up incrementally the higher your OVR. To illustrate, whether I?m a 90 OVR or 100 OVR I generally play 30-35 SD matches per day - no more, no less. Back when I was a 95 OVR, my ceiling was top 250 placement. Now that I?m a 102 OVR, I find myself in the top 50 without any additional effort, games played, or stamina purchased. So, Boost your OVR and get the fan bonus if possible and it?ll make your life easier.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.