• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Quai 54 next event?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Dirk is best EU player OF the NBA.. Sabonis is best EU player of all time..

Dirk is without a doubt the greatest basketball player of all time born in Europe no matter the league that can not be debated just because Sabonis played in Europe much more does not mean his accomplishments in a far weaker league can't hold a candle to Dirk's in the top tier league

i respectfully disagree... Dirk himself has stated that Sabas is best EU player all time..
the inability to cut the iron curtain for the prime of his career..
the fact that the Soviet's took 40% of his Real contract, not letting him know that the Blazers were prepared to pay him the same.. anyways..

but this debate will go nowhere similarly to a debate as to who was better Russell or MJ.. or Wilt.. or Kobe.. nah nah nah scrap Kobe he is good but not GOAT worthy :)

Well to be fair you're Lithuanian and some of the strongest biases in the NBA are of players from countries that aren't basketball hotbeds and players rarely ever show hubris to their legacy because otherwise it's seen as not being humble and acting like an asshole I don't see any way a legit case could be made for anyone outside of Dirk just like Hakeem for Africa, Yao for Asia, and Manu for South America all 4 are landslides as the best player from their respective continents but like you said this will end up going nowhere

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
Dirk is without a doubt the greatest basketball player of all time born in Europe no matter the league that can not be debated just because Sabonis played in Europe much more does not mean his accomplishments in a far weaker league can't hold a candle to Dirk's in the top tier league

i respectfully disagree... Dirk himself has stated that Sabas is best EU player all time..
the fact that the Soviet's took 40% of his Real contract, not letting him know that the Blazers were prepared to pay him the same.. anyways..

but this debate will go nowhere similarly to a debate as to who was better Russell or MJ.. or Wilt.. or Kobe.. nah nah nah scrap Kobe he is good but not GOAT worthy :)

Well to be fair you're Lithuanian and some of the strongest biases in the NBA are of players from countries that aren't basketball hotbeds and players rarely ever show hubris to their legacy because otherwise it's seen as not being humble and acting like an asshole I don't see any way a legit case could be made for anyone outside of Dirk just like Hakeem for Africa, Yao for Asia, and Manu for South America all 4 are landslides as the best player from their respective continents but like you said this will end up going nowhere

not basketball hotbeds?? :D :D :D

and FYI.. oscar schmidt.. >manu

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Yeah Lithuania is far from a basketball hotbed in fact no country outside of the US has produced even a handful of HoF quality players and like pointed out earlier players that produce in other far weaker leagues can't hold a candle to players that produced in the only professional basketball league in the world that matters and that league is the one we're playing a game about

G2theMoney

Rookie 3

Yeah Lithuania is far from a basketball hotbed in fact no country outside of the US has produced even a handful of HoF quality players and like pointed out earlier players that produce in other far weaker leagues can't hold a candle to players that produced in the only professional basketball league in the world that matters and that league is the one we're playing a game about

i prefer the global game..
in the 80s grew up loving andrew gaze vs oscar schmidt.. @ the olympics + world champs..
i loved the NBA in the 90s..
but am enjoying EU hoops now more than the NBA.. and when i can some college ball
to belittle the global game is naive.. and yes i know im poking the bear, but the NBA is not the be all and end all

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

in the 80s grew up loving andrew gaze vs oscar schmidt.. @ the olympics + world champs..
but am enjoying EU hoops now more than the NBA.. and when i can some college ball
to belittle the global game is naive.. and yes i know im poking the bear, but the NBA is not the be all and end all

Well I guess I just have the luxury of not being able to to watch inferior leagues full of NBA flunkies so easily and it definitely is the most important thing to all players in the country that is best at it as well as young stars internationally who dream of playing in the NBA so I'll just leave this at that since it's far off from the original topic at hand

G2theMoney

Rookie 3

Well I guess I just have the luxury of not being able to to watch inferior leagues full of NBA flunkies so easily and it definitely is the most important thing to all players in the country that is best at it as well as young stars internationally who dream of playing in the NBA so I'll just leave this at that since it's far off from the original topic at hand

wow
all ill say is wow

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
i so knew this was going here... lol
i always wondered abt this debate abt skill vs physicality... people say that european players cant hang with american players bcz of the more physical nature of the nba.. is it abt the physical nature or the difference in skill level is something i have always wondered abt...
The knock against the nba is the complete lack of travelling calls, the carrying of the ball etc..
In defence of the european game, 2004 olympics.. i always wondered what went wrong with the american team there...

Suck_ma

Rookie 1

Ahahahaha wow you are a complete retard, just as I suspected. Too bad none of these guys will say it to you since they are afraid of your admin powers. How does one even state such bullshit? Of course you would know nothing about it since you are prejudiced and never even watched how the game is played in Europe. Basketball, like any other sport, is played with your head, the body is just a tool. Phisicality is something that's temporary, skill and iq are permanent. The majority of the American nba players are one trick ponys who actually don't have much skill as some other guys do, but their physical strength and athleticism make up for it partially. This kind of stuff just proves how conceited and ignorant you Americans are. Of course you would know nothing about it because the average american thinks the whole world revolves around their country. Unfortunately for you even America was built by Europeans.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
i so knew this was going here... lol
i always wondered abt this debate abt skill vs physicality... people say that european players cant hang with american players bcz of the more physical nature of the nba.. is it abt the physical nature or the difference in skill level is something i have always wondered abt...
The knock against the nba is the complete lack of travelling calls, the carrying of the ball etc..
In defence of the european game, 2004 olympics.. i always wondered what went wrong with the american team there...

2004 has proven to be a fluke but the vast majority of the European players can't play a lick of defense even when they try to play defense they are 2 different animals in terms of physicality the American players are skilled as well but it's overshadowed by their athleticism whereas Euro players are seen for their offensive skills but if you want to be the best you have to play with the best competition and that can only be done in the NBA I don't take other leagues seriously because I've seen people that couldn't even make it on to NBA teams tear up other leagues for instance the town I grew up in had a guy that went on to win MVP, championship game MVP, and the title in the same season for a French league and he played college basketball at a very small school he didn't go to Duke or Kentucky or anything like that he wasn't a highly touted recruit and definitely wasn't a highly touted NBA prospect

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Ahahahaha wow you are a complete retard, just as I suspected. Too bad none of these guys will say it to you since they are afraid of your admin powers. How does one even state such bullshit? Of course you would know nothing about it since you are prejudiced and never even watched how the game is played in Europe. Basketball, like any other sport, is played with your head, the body is just a tool. Phisicality is something that's temporary, skill and iq are permanent. The majority of the American nba players are one trick ponys who actually don't have much skill as some other guys do, but their physical strength and athleticism make up for it partially. This kind of stuff just proves how conceited and ignorant you Americans are. Of course you would know nothing about it because the average american thinks the whole world revolves around their country. Unfortunately for you even America was built by Europeans.

Congrats you're banned

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
This is why Americans don't talk about basketball from other countries because inevitably it hits a nerve with someone and they immediately show their xenophobia towards America and Americans but hey they came on to a site for a game based on an American basketball league to talk shit about Americans because I spoke the truth about said league being the best in the world I have no disdain towards other countries or leagues but when compared to other leagues in the same sport the NBA, NFL, and MLB are head and shoulders above the competition which is why the best in the world on each league elsewhere eventually come to or at least try to join this leagues in those sports

If any of you think I have a problem with any of those countries or leagues on a standalone basis then you're sadly mistaken comparing quality of pro athletes is not something built on hate it's built on observation both from those players playing and hearing how they "dream" of moving up

Iamlegendz

Rookie 2
I?ma break my month?s long hiatus from both the game and this forum and chime in on this interesting debate.

NBA is the greatest league in the entire PLANET and no eU, Asian or any other league comes close to it in terms of Popularity, Entertainment value, level of play and talent. NO OTHER. Maybe SOME (CBA china, EU leagues) Are close to paying (has beens and NBA rejects) but not At the level NBA superstars are paid. Nowhere near.

The FACT that All Players from ALL corners of the Globe wish to play in the NBA is a testament to what it is.

For me, Arvydas was one of the greatest players to come out of Europe but in terms of being the greatest EU player of all time, he is not even close to Dirk. Though some will say he was at the tip of his prime when he played in the NBA he was still in his early 30?s and his game was not one based on athleticism that grows weaker with age. In fact, his game was perfect for the NBA as a big man BUT he never had the impact Dirk did. Let?s leave it at that.

Hetzer

Rookie 1
A 33 y/o Dirk got a championship against Prime Lebron, Wade and Bosh as the number 1 option on his team. Arvydas Sabonis was 31 when he got drafted. Dirk also has the longevity aspect, putting up decent stats even during the twilight years of his career.

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
This is why Americans don't talk about basketball from other countries because inevitably it hits a nerve with someone and they immediately show their xenophobia towards America and Americans but hey they came on to a site for a game based on an American basketball league to talk shit about Americans because I spoke the truth about said league being the best in the world I have no disdain towards other countries or leagues but when compared to other leagues in the same sport the NBA, NFL, and MLB are head and shoulders above the competition which is why the best in the world on each league elsewhere eventually come to or at least try to join this leagues in those sports

If any of you think I have a problem with any of those countries or leagues on a standalone basis then you're sadly mistaken comparing quality of pro athletes is not something built on hate it's built on observation both from those players playing and hearing how they "dream" of moving up

"...xenophobia towards America and Americans..."
this Is some serious Trump shit

NEVER was it stated the NBA ISNT #1 league in the world

it was in MY opinion that I prefer the world game (as im watching mostly euroleague @ the moment, its EU ball) , but Stewie your closed minded and obvious "...xenophobia towards anyone NOT american, has exposed you..

why you went this route, is beyond me...

here.. ill build your wall for you..

STEWIE

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(THIS IS A WALL)

ME

ps:
this is my final personal interaction with you stewie..
so if you want to boot me, go right ahead..
but as an Australian working and living in Europe have i been so confused by what appears to be such loathing..
cant believe ive just woken up to read some of this hatred..
absolutely shocked and stunned

^^I don't think it's that serious G2theMoney. There was nothing hateful or loathing about what Stewie said considering he was responding to someone else calling him a retard and other names I won't repeat. It's clear Stewie is talking about talent and quality while you are talking about preference. These are two very different points. When it comes to talent and quality of league we can all say each continent & region has its specialty. MLB , NFL, & NBA is Americas though some may prefer Canada, Europe or even Cuba or Japan in the case of baseball. Soccer is clearly Europe's speciality though some may prefer South America or even Africa and so on.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

"...xenophobia towards America and Americans..."
this Is some serious Trump shit

NEVER was it stated the NBA ISNT #1 league in the world

it was in MY opinion that I prefer the world game (as im watching mostly euroleague @ the moment, its EU ball) , but Stewie your closed minded and obvious "...xenophobia towards anyone NOT american, has exposed you..

why you went this route, is beyond me...

here.. ill build your wall for you..

STEWIE

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(THIS IS A WALL)

ME

ps:
this is my final personal interaction with you stewie..
so if you want to boot me, go right ahead..
but as an Australian working and living in Europe have i been so confused by what appears to be such loathing..
cant believe ive just woken up to read some of this hatred..
absolutely shocked and stunned

You clearly missed the part where some guy created a brand new account and called me a retard and a ***** as well as saying all Americans are conceited and ignorant I was not talking about your comments I left that person's posts up so people can see what I was talking about and you clearly missed it anyways so maybe go back and read before you say some more dumb shit towards me but don't worry I won't let you get the satisfaction of baiting me into punishing you

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
^^I don't think it's that serious G2theMoney. There was nothing hateful or loathing about what Stewie said considering he was responding to someone else calling him a retard and other names I won't repeat. It's clear Stewie is talking about talent and quality while you are talking about preference. These are two very different points. When it comes to talent and quality of league we can all say each continent & region has its specialty. MLB , NFL, & NBA is Americas though some may prefer Canada, Europe or even Cuba or Japan in the case of baseball. Soccer is clearly Europe's speciality though some may prefer South America or even Africa and so on.

Yeah not sure how he missed that turns out I left those troll's posts up for no reason after all because clearly g2 missed them

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.