• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Monthly Master Magic Johnson

HeinieManush

Rookie 1
I love the Monthly Masters usually, and the extra play from the Court Pass... but am I wrong in thinking that 97 Magic's stats are crap? 3pt clutch and +2 pass is nice, but in what world is a 97 Magic an 86 playmaker? With only 82 3pt I don't think I would start him over 90 Curry.

Just eager to hear everyone's thoughts before I go long for him.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I love the Monthly Masters usually, and the extra play from the Court Pass... but am I wrong in thinking that 97 Magic's stats are crap? 3pt clutch and +2 pass is nice, but in what world is a 97 Magic an 86 playmaker? With only 82 3pt I don't think I would start him over 90 Curry.

Just eager to hear everyone's thoughts before I go long for him.
I noticed stats were meh too but then I played with him in the team event. Having just played with 92 Curry earlier in the Doncic event, I noticed a significant improvement in steals which is more important to me than 3 pt shooting and 92 Curry will boost him 5. Ultimately his AI will be the real test but a great bench card for a while I’m sure.

dub365

All-Star 1
At 93 he's really good. I've got Curry on bench and other 3pt boosts that make his deep ball just fine. He's worth it and everyone is gonna have him, so you pretty much need to get him or you'll get wrecked

Between Magic and the North Pole Masters they sure are recycling a lot of their ideas from last season. They even used the same year for Magic.

EvilGOD

Rookie 1
How many court passes needed to get 97 ovr magic ??

Without courtpasses can 96 over achievable ??

Also what's the use of court passes ?

betaman411

All-Star 1
How many court passes needed to get 97 ovr magic ??

Without courtpasses can 96 over achievable ??

Also what's the use of court passes ?
I think with the extra day and 31 in January it might be possible with 2 passes and 2 bogo packs. Normally, it’s 2 court passes and 3 bogo or 3 court passes. Benefit of the pass is 200 extra stamina each day.

EvilGOD

Rookie 1
So only stamina ???

Ntg more ? How is that supposed to get you the 97 ovr master and I can't understand the court pass thing.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
So only stamina ???

Ntg more ? How is that supposed to get you the 97 ovr master and I can't understand the court pass thing.
Daily 9 tokens a day (5 from events, 4 from objectives) = 288 in january.. 300 are required for 96 magic. So 96 is f2p.
To get the 97.. 100 more.. 10 bogo packs = 2000 cash 'OR'
roughly 3 court passes and maybe a pack or two.. slightly more costly but abt 4000 more stamina

Last edited:

betaman411

All-Star 1
Daily 9 tokens a day (5 from events, 4 from objectives) = 298 in january.. 300 are required for 96 magic. So 96 is f2p.
To get the 97.. 100 more.. 10 bogo packs = 2000 cash 'OR'
roughly 3 court passes and maybe a pack or two.. slightly more costly but abt 4000 more stamina
For December, I did 3 court passes and have 110 gold tokens leftover. I did the Luka events the one hour between objectives reset and promo reset so wasn’t affected by the 10 token gift (except I got screwed by melting golds too soon). I think there’s a small trick to starting the pass with objectives left to complete and then completing them at the end before the pass expires.

edit: by trick I just mean to maximize the gold tokens from objectives. If you do too many objectives the day you get the court pass, there isn’t enough flash objectives to get you the 60 for the court pass objective. So always be sure to have plenty of objectives left before getting the pass.

edit 2: I forgot we got a bunch of extra tokens with Luka. Not so for Magic so I think Anatdoc is correct about 3 passes and some bogo packs.

Last edited:

HeinieManush

Rookie 1
Betaman411 I agree with you because I have made that mistake twice!

I do think Court Pass is the best use of NBA cash -- it adds a lot of game play, in addition to the swag. And the extra tokens are 2,000 coins each, right?

betaman411

All-Star 1
Betaman411 I agree with you because I have made that mistake twice!

I do think Court Pass is the best use of NBA cash -- it adds a lot of game play, in addition to the swag. And the extra tokens are 2,000 coins each, right?
I’m using my golds for dust...🤷🏼‍♂️

TomH

Pro 2
This is the card that will answer the question - are the attribute stats pure bullish!t or is there really something to them. I’ll say this - in the 3 token event, Magic is horrible from corner 3.

betaman411

All-Star 1
This is the card that will answer the question - are the attribute stats pure bullish!t or is there really something to them. I’ll say this - in the 3 token event, Magic is horrible from corner 3.
I think team chemistry and boost is the missing factor. I’ve been nailing top corner 3’s with Magic in that event more consistently than with my 92 Curry when it was a Doncic event. Perhaps it’s the +5 from Curry getting Magic to 87 but then that doesn’t explain why Curry was so bad in it before him.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I think team chemistry and boost is the missing factor. I’ve been nailing top corner 3’s with Magic in that event more consistently than with my 92 Curry when it was a Doncic event. Perhaps it’s the +5 from Curry getting Magic to 87 but then that doesn’t explain why Curry was so bad in it before him.
U guys actually play the event?. Autoplay all the way.. lol

TomH

Pro 2
I’ve been using Magic in SD and the card is currently shooting way above the stats. Hopefully it keeps up - GT Kemba was a monster shooting 3s, but it’s in the auction house now.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.