• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Live Since '95 Promo

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Nah, look at the reward chain for Shaq. Once you hit like 300k cartridges, you get 10k tier 2 Star Power and 5k shards for rewards. I've got Superstar Embiid at 98 and I didn't need half the star power you can get from this....... If you get enough pts to get all the masters
View attachment 3539
The original point was the orange star power I touched on the green one a little and I said I don't think it will make it to max because while I haven't been told yet based on how it asks for 3k at 89 that it continues from there in the 90s which would make it not last if it eventually asks for 10k to move 1 bar on an overall but if it does start low on the tier 2 star power then it should work but not if it continues at the rate that the tier 1 left off on (my highest superstar is 89 so I haven't seen what the rates are for the 90s) but I wish they gave more tier 1 star power since it will require way more than I have to get him to 90

EDIT:
I skipped the last part of your post lol but saw it now that's good that you didn't need as much that's given but that still leaves my original point where the tier 1 star power given isn't enough unless you had a bunch saved up

dub365

All-Star 1
The original point was the orange star power I touched on the green one a little and I said I don't think it will make it to max because while I haven't been told yet based on how it asks for 3k at 89 that it continues from there in the 90s which would make it not last if it eventually asks for 10k to move 1 bar on an overall but if it does start low on the tier 2 star power then it should work but not if it continues at the rate that the tier 1 left off on (my highest superstar is 89 so I haven't seen what the rates are for the 90s) but I wish they gave more tier 1 star power since it will require way more than I have to get him to 90

EDIT:
I skipped the last part of your post lol but saw it now that's good that you didn't need as much that's given but that still leaves my original point where the tier 1 star power given isn't enough unless you had a bunch saved up
Yeah, I misunderstood what you were talking about. I had like 76k orange star power saved so I didn't even think about it. From 89 on, it takes 10k green star power per OVR point. So if you can get to 89 & get far in this promo you'll have enough green for a while

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Yeah, I misunderstood what you were talking about. I had like 76k orange star power saved so I didn't even think about it. From 89 on, it takes 10k green star power per OVR point. So if you can get to 89 & get far in this promo you'll have enough green for a while
Damn that's a lot of green star power is it even or like the orange star power where it raises with each overall

cire2245

Rookie 3
In case you are wondering where the store for superstars went and are having issues with starpower to level up
4257B258-FDD2-4056-BDD6-84BFD88A849E.png
, you can access the store through the level up screen itself (the store icon on the bottom) in case you have dusts saved up

Hroswith

Rookie 3
Warmup?stamina bottles?
Or multiples boosters?
Warmup, stamina and I got Pau.
I’m at 75k now, so it’s starting to slowdown. I think I’ll get about 30k a day now. So some heavy grinding will just barely get me Howard.

Well, Starkshas already popped up in the AH

Attachments

• C8F12EE1-6794-49B9-967B-5E5DF06774D9.png
    C8F12EE1-6794-49B9-967B-5E5DF06774D9.png
    503 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

dub365

All-Star 1
Damn that's a lot of green star power is it even or like the orange star power where it raises with each overall
At this point it's constant for green Starpower at every OVR above 89 OVR. 1st 3 levels of each OVR point cost 1k shards and 2k Starpower. 4th level is 2k shards and 4k Starpower

Ishvalan

Rookie 1
At this point it's constant for green Starpower at every OVR above 89 OVR. 1st 3 levels of each OVR point cost 1k shards and 2k Starpower. 4th level is 2k shards and 4k Starpower
This is why no one interested in superstars. It'll take forever to get to 99. And by the time you get there they become irrelevant. It's like elevate players last season, they'll be relevant for a short while by the end of the season

Hroswith

Rookie 3
I’m at 90k now and I currently have 62% player boost.

This promo doesn’t really seems worth it to grind for the masters, especially compared to the All Star promo, that gave most of us two 99 masters, two or 3 98 players, two 97 players and a bunch of 95 players, and which made it pretty manageable to get the 100 MVP Kawhi. This one gives, at best, five 98’s, of which a couple can be upgraded to 98.

It is pretty fun to play, though! The Shaq superstar add on gives a lot of regular rewards, and added incentive to keep playing to upgrade him, even is superstar players are a wash this season.

It might not do much to boost my overall teams, but it’s definitely engaging enough to keep playing this week. So, all in all, excellent filler promo for me.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Good to know thanks I hated where it forced you to pay the new overall prices on every stage of the next overall then it kept doubling each overall

Hroswith

Rookie 3
The balance between rewarding shards and star power seems a bit off..

Attachments

• 8DA79EAB-B39E-4758-984F-FB9BD613B0CB.jpeg
    8DA79EAB-B39E-4758-984F-FB9BD613B0CB.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 280

Spyda9man

Pro 2
I'm sure it's fixed now but what you do is either play a different event or close the app either way works

Edit:
Nevermind I saw your post on the other thread
I uninstalled and reinstalled it. First it didnt work I waited almost a min and I was about to exit it and it started. Now the next player wont work

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I uninstalled and reinstalled it. First it didnt work I waited almost a min and I was about to exit it and it started. Now the next player wont work
Odd I've never needed to go that far to play an event in this promo just a simple close or playing a different event always worked for me

Hroswith

Rookie 3
I sniped Parker for 2.6M in the AH two days ago and I’m now 59K points away from unlocking Doncic. Good to finally see a promo where f2p players can earn the final master with just grinding and watching the AH (also bought Rose and Pau there for a total of 148% bonus).

I do feel stupid for wasting WAY too much stamina on the Blitz 2 event though. Only found out yesterday that grinding Showdown with my promo lineup gives nearly the same amount of points for a third of the stamina. And when I hit a bad streak, even Season games offer more points per stamina than the Blitz event. I could have probably already reached Doncic if I had just paid more attention..

I still think this promo was one of the better ones this season, though. Good variation in players, nice throwback theme and like I said earlier, the added Shaq superstar was a great way to bridge the gap between promo rewards, since those would have otherwise taken a lot of patience from Starks on because of the amount of points needed to reach the next master.

Just from this promo rewards alone, I currently have Shaq at a full 96 with 14K shards left. Earning points to unlock Doncic gives me 15K dust more, which is enough to get him to 98, so if I do some grinding this last day, getting him to 99 shortly after should be doable.

Compare that to the 91 Young that has been the sole focus of the daily challenges, and this is the only promo this season that has made superstar players a viable option for my lineup. So, kudos EA!

Attachments

• 29BF9451-9A72-4112-AAA9-556CB38C3C7A.png
    29BF9451-9A72-4112-AAA9-556CB38C3C7A.png
    756.3 KB · Views: 205

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I sniped Parker for 2.6M in the AH two days ago and I’m now 59K points away from unlocking Doncic. Good to finally see a promo where f2p players can earn the final master with just grinding and watching the AH (also bought Rose and Pau there for a total of 148% bonus).

I do feel stupid for wasting WAY too much stamina on the Blitz 2 event though. Only found out yesterday that grinding Showdown with my promo lineup gives nearly the same amount of points for a third of the stamina. And when I hit a bad streak, even Season games offer more points per stamina than the Blitz event. I could have probably already reached Doncic if I had just paid more attention..

I still think this promo was one of the better ones this season, though. Good variation in players, nice throwback theme and like I said earlier, the added Shaq superstar was a great way to bridge the gap between promo rewards, since those would have otherwise taken a lot of patience from Starks on because of the amount of points needed to reach the next master.

Just from this promo rewards alone, I currently have Shaq at a full 96 with 14K shards left. Earning points to unlock Doncic gives me 15K dust more, which is enough to get him to 98, so if I do some grinding this last day, getting him to 99 shortly after should be doable.

Compare that to the 91 Young that has been the sole focus of the daily challenges, and this is the only promo this season that has made superstar players a viable option for my lineup. So, kudos EA!
Man u should have just done seasons all the way. Anyway u should get there. I'm abt 40k away (have pau)..
Promo is decent. I hope shard superstars as rewards become a fixture in point based promos. Makes grinding more fun when rewards are actually decent

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.