• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

LeBron James signs 4 year $154 mil deal with Lakers

betaman411

All-Star 1
No offense meant to Lakers fans but what happened to ?Championship Mode?? I?m not saying re-upping in The Land made better basketball sense but clearly this move was about everything but basketball. Seriously, could the Lakers surround him with any worse shooters than Lonzo, Lance, JaVale and Rajon?

The irony of all this is he supposedly left Cle due to the lackluster roster (that got to the Finals and was largely a result of his 1+1 contracts). I was actually hoping he would pair up with at least one star (2 seemed possible) to take down GSW. Now it seems he?s willing to punt on next season in the hopes he can convince KD, AD, Kyrie?? etc to join him in LA when he couldn?t get one of his closest friends in CP3 or even PG13 (a guy from LA that was virtually a lock to go there before LBJ probably confirmed his intentions)! Starting to think maybe there is something to guys not wanting to play with him ala Kyrie??

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
@beta I guess stars dont want to play with him but role players do
Only thing I could guess was they plan to limit LeBron's minutes till Jan.. then make some trades and get shooters back.. if not like u said makes no sense

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
@beta I guess stars dont want to play with him but role players do
Only thing I could guess was they plan to limit LeBron's minutes till Jan.. then make some trades and get shooters back.. if not like u said makes no sense

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
No offense meant to Lakers fans but what happened to ?Championship Mode?? I?m not saying re-upping in The Land made better basketball sense but clearly this move was about everything but basketball. Seriously, could the Lakers surround him with any worse shooters than Lonzo, Lance, JaVale and Rajon?

The irony of all this is he supposedly left Cle due to the lackluster roster (that got to the Finals and was largely a result of his 1+1 contracts). I was actually hoping he would pair up with at least one star (2 seemed possible) to take down GSW. Now it seems he?s willing to punt on next season in the hopes he can convince KD, AD, Kyrie?? etc to join him in LA when he couldn?t get one of his closest friends in CP3 or even PG13 (a guy from LA that was virtually a lock to go there before LBJ probably confirmed his intentions)! Starting to think maybe there is something to guys not wanting to play with him ala Kyrie??

I personally think he made the move based on important life factors.
Ie, his family and his sons ?future?
?Investments and business opportunities after retirement- probably big introductions on his behalf.. ??
On top of all that maybe he likes the idea of mentoring young-ins into success..
The thought of playing in this conference and being the best appeals too.. ??Again, could just be my thoughts.. things I might consider if I was in his position. ??

Who knows???

At the end of the day, he made his choice and it?s his life.?

I'm just happy the Lakers have the sun shining on them again.. what the circumstances may be is of no concern to me :D

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
The cousins move is starting to make sense.. supposedly he had zero offers (still don't think that's possible.. probable bcz of his attitude and injury) and pelicans didn't show interest either.. in those circumstances one year deal makes perfect sense for both parties..

betaman411

All-Star 1
The cousins move is starting to make sense.. supposedly he had zero offers (still don't think that's possible.. probable bcz of his attitude and injury) and pelicans didn't show interest either.. in those circumstances one year deal makes perfect sense for both parties..

It's a pretty expensive move for GSW to make though. I'm pretty sure he wanted a lot more money and when the offers weren't coming in, he decided to take this season to get a ring and then try and get paid next year once he has proven to the league his injury is behind him.

@Aramwot: I don't disagree that this decision was about EVERYTHING other than where he could win a championship. My point is that he himself said he was still in "Championship Mode" so this move is puzzling for sure. Purely from a basketball perspective, he had a better chance to "make" the finals with the current Cavs roster than what has been assembled in LA. Don't get me wrong, next year is another story but as a Cle fan, we will also be out of salary cap hell (mostly created by LBJ) and could sign a max FA with a trade or through buyouts of existing contracts. If it was about winning a championship then he would've found a way to be traded to Houston/Boston/Philly or just signed straight up with Philly.

My opinion has now changed though and I don't believe he ever intended to stay in Cle after the 2016 Championship. I just think it's pretty remarkable that no one of significance is choosing to play with him in LA - at least this year. Also, after 11 seasons with LBJ, while I wouldn't trade them for anything, be careful what you wish for...there's enough personalities on that roster to make the so-called drama in Cle look like child's play this coming season!

timsg0102

Rookie 2

It's a pretty expensive move for GSW to make though. I'm pretty sure he wanted a lot more money and when the offers weren't coming in, he decided to take this season to get a ring and then try and get paid next year once he has proven to the league his injury is behind him.

@Aramwot: I don't disagree that this decision was about EVERYTHING other than where he could win a championship. My point is that he himself said he was still in "Championship Mode" so this move is puzzling for sure. Purely from a basketball perspective, he had a better chance to "make" the finals with the current Cavs roster than what has been assembled in LA. Don't get me wrong, next year is another story but as a Cle fan, we will also be out of salary cap hell (mostly created by LBJ) and could sign a max FA with a trade or through buyouts of existing contracts. If it was about winning a championship then he would've found a way to be traded to Houston/Boston/Philly or just signed straight up with Philly.

My opinion has now changed though and I don't believe he ever intended to stay in Cle after the 2016 Championship. I just think it's pretty remarkable that no one of significance is choosing to play with him in LA - at least this year. Also, after 11 seasons with LBJ, while I wouldn't trade them for anything, be careful what you wish for...there's enough personalities on that roster to make the so-called drama in Cle look like child's play this coming season!

Agree on the LA personalities in the revamped squad...there's enuff kegs to start a wildfire if just 1 guy doesn't want to get along w/ another.

If he wanted a championship winning team, he could have opt in and demanded a Houston-only trade with us at Rockets to play with our two All-star players.

We would have 2-3 players/draft picks to give to you guys in exchange for LBJ too.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.