• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Introducing a new Admin - AngryOrange & Coming Changes

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
Hi guys,

I hope you are all doing well.

Just a quick update, we have a new admin that has joined the team.

AngryOrange

A welcome addition to our forum, Angry Orange will be overseeing development and growth and will be assisting the team in our goals to increase user experience and functionality for our community.

I know you guys have been putting up with some down time and errors on the board but rest assured we are working on these bugs.

There will be some big changes coming as we mentioned a few months back - we may have to have the site locked down for 12-24 hours sometime soon to implement some of these changes.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
A

AngryOrange

Rookie 1
Staff member
Hey everyone, it's a pleasure to be here with you all. I apologize about the hiccups on the site, we were making critical updates when the Cloudflare outage hit. It's still intermittent and we're working around the clock to resolve it ASAP.

As mentioned, we're going to bring about a lot of changes, and for the best. A announced these changes back in a thread in Nov 2018 so it's been a while coming.

Thanks A for the intro! I look forward to meeting everyone.

Hetzer

Rookie 1
Thanks for all this work, didn't know there was another guy working behind the scenes. The forum has been great so far and I'm excited for the future changes.

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
Thanks for all this work, didn't know there was another guy working behind the scenes. The forum has been great so far and I'm excited for the future changes.

You're welcome Hetzer.

They are new to the team, but they are great at what they do! :D

AngryOrange

Rookie 1
Staff member

Been learning and reading what users want on here to implement. The feature requests don't seem to be too hard to obtain, or at least what's missing, just gotta keep listening and applying feedback.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Site looks nice! I’m only missing the last unread post in the what’s new section. I’m sure it’s OE so any help is appreciated. Using Safari on iOS.

AngryOrange

Rookie 1
Staff member
Site looks nice! I’m only missing the last unread post in the what’s new section. I’m sure it’s OE so any help is appreciated. Using Safari on iOS.

Trying to better understand how to fix this, are you saying the last unread post of a thread doesn’t show up for you in the what’s new section? The site refreshes content every few minutes. Screenshot?

betaman411

All-Star 1
Trying to better understand how to fix this, are you saying the last unread post of a thread doesn’t show up for you in the what’s new section? The site refreshes content every few minutes. Screenshot?
Ok, I think my issue was that I needed to re-read or mark read the threads I’ve already viewed. I was used to the old forum where there was a separate link to go to the first unread post. I just had another thread show up in what’s new and clicking on the thread title took me to the first unread post in that thread automatically. Is that the new behavior or should I see a separate link somewhere?

Clicking on 2019 Mobile Madness Promo took me to the first unread post:

What’s the interval on the what’s new refresh because I didn’t see your post there even though I could see that you responded?

AngryOrange

Rookie 1
Staff member
What’s the interval on the what’s new refresh because I didn’t see your post there even though I could see that you responded?

The interval is usually a few minutes, but I will look into adjusting the frequency so you get more of a live update (aka push notifications). Thanks for letting us know!

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.