• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Impressions of Season 4 thus far

HeinieManush

Rookie 1
When your "superstars" with substantially higher ratings miss dunk after dunk... and 65s can't be blocked and drop every mid-range shot, very frustrating. What's the point of the numbers then?

(OMG I am turning into "that guy"!)

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
When your "superstars" with substantially higher ratings miss dunk after dunk... and 65s can't be blocked and drop every mid-range shot, very frustrating. What's the point of the numbers then?

(OMG I am turning into "that guy"!)
Talking abt missing shots.. Is it just me or layups missing much more frequently this season than b4.. Like they jump and the shot just misses.. Really weird

HeinieManush

Rookie 1
Has anyone else seen the iLogix video showing the next campaign? It's a product placement where they are marketing clothes to players. I guess it's no different than advertising for stamina. How do you feel about that?

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
I like the concept of upgrading your Superstars and lineups since it gives you goals to pursue. However, the live events take too long to complete. I’m at the stage now where I just want to log on, burn my stamina, and log off. Granted, we’re getting a lot of additional stamina right now because of leveling up, but the events still take a long time to complete.

League rewards look weak again. Season rewards have been improved but not league rewards? I haven’t really touched Showdown but that seems to be improved as well.

Obviously, there are a lot of bugs and problems wth the objectives. That happens every season. My main criticism is that the game just seems dull. The launch of a new season should be exciting but for the most part nothing has really changed. I think they should have put more effort into the opening campaign and tried something fresh.

Hey man, what do you mean about season rewards are getting better? I confuse myself actually what it pays. I completed 3 matches and basically the rewards kinda nothing. Except after the first match, I do not know how but right after the match I earned 80ovr pack. I wonder if it's actually the reward from playing season or what?

Also, LvL reward is ridiculous, I thought they will make it better... some sort of let's say, Turf war during Racing rivals era if anyone played that game. I expect LvL reset every week or two, and the top 100 leagues earn amazing rewards... I'm sure if they do this, even more people paying $$$ to get cash and stamina. I wonder if anyone can tell me, what was the reward of being in top 100 league last season? I can't find any explanation about it.

What's the whole point of LvL if there is no real rewards at all? Stamina? Come on 🤣🤣. Maybe I missed something.

What I realised more is that this game now more 'expensive'. I'm playing hard and I'm now at 79ovr, I got coins to make it 80 all, However, I guess 79 isn't too bad and I just keep sniping with some coins I got. But then, I'm seeing people with 85ovr cards. How the hell they got those cards? Even by paying $64 real money, we only get ONE of 81 ovr card.

It’s possible to pull gold and elite items from the Seasons pack. Lastl season, you could only get silver players. The packs are useful right now in the early stages but will become redundant once players have an elite in every position. The downside is he stamina cost for playing season but right now you need a means to burn stamina otherwise you are in be green for too long and won’t accumulate any new stamina.

The Murray campaign looks like the Under Armour one. I hope they don’t go overboard with Superstar cards.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Right now only focusing on ONE line up? should i start working on the other 2 lineups? or its better to just keep one good line up for now?
Focus on one but put some effort to the other 2 all so for instance make one lineup have all starters at 78+ and bench at 73-76 then for the other 2 lineups drop them a price tier for golds so say 76-73 starters (with a superstar or 2 at 78+) and bench at 73-70

jeforious

Rookie 1
The good thing about this season is that, you can focus on upgrading your Season 4 lineup but play LvL using your low overall S3 line up vs 112 s3 lineup 😂

EA is amazing lol

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
The good thing about this season is that, you can focus on upgrading your Season 4 lineup but play LvL using your low overall S3 line up vs 112 s3 lineup 😂

EA is amazing lol
That's why it was recommended by most people to have a good S3 lineup because you never know what EA will do so you have to cover all bases just in case but multi-year lineup being the LvL lineup is complete bullshit and really hurts a lot of people this is S4 not S3 we shouldn't have the advantage over new players that we have now it completely kills LvL for them

ramizi

Rookie 2
That's why it was recommended by most people to have a good S3 lineup because you never know what EA will do so you have to cover all bases just in case but multi-year lineup being the LvL lineup is complete bullshit and really hurts a lot of people this is S4 not S3 we shouldn't have the advantage over new players that we have now it completely kills LvL for them
100% with you.
Motivation for team buildup is lower as S4 players will be relevant to LvL only in months to come.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
100% with you.
Motivation for team buildup is lower as S4 players will be relevant to LvL only in months to come.
Yeah they need to switch it back I get the benefit like many others but it shouldn't be possible we need to be using S4 cards to make those teams relevant again for those that don't grind SD and like LvL

dub365

All-Star 1
Yeah they need to switch it back I get the benefit like many others but it shouldn't be possible we need to be using S4 cards to make those teams relevant again for those that don't grind SD and like LvL
Ummm, also......it's S4. I'm over my S3 lineup. It was great but I want to use something new..... like my S4 lineups

G34

Rookie 1
Balanced players exist in a lesser form in season 4 atm.
But defensive, shooting and street ☆ players have not been introduced yet.

Is this an indication that season 3 players will be eventually actionable or should we expect additional game styles?

AH filter.PNG

Last edited:

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
100% with you.

can anyone help me understand what is the benefit of LvL other than getting the staminas? 😅😅😅

It is a very simple question and I wish someone can answer it. Also, what in return a top 100 league get last season? Seriously I wanna know this too.... because to me, the only to upgrade players is to increase our value to be on top league. But reasons of why do we want to be in top league is first thing I need to know.

to me, SD match up is fine because it will eventually balance our win and loses. No matter if we got 77ovr or 81ovr of current season line up, we can be kn top 100 easy. I'm now ranked 43rd, only got 78ovr line up... ever 10 matches I win 5-7 times in average.

Today I'm in top league and it seems like people eager to be on top... whilst all I get is stamina which isn't even big deal to me

can anyone help me understand what is the benefit of LvL other than getting the staminas? 😅😅😅

For me it is the only thing keeping me hooked into this game. If my teammates did not depend on each other to play every day I doubt I could stay in this game right now. There was a time in season 1 and 2 that there were high ovr players that you could only get through league mode. I did not even realize that rewards have been duds since then, just playing on our habit.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

It is a very simple question and I wish someone can answer it. Also, what in return a top 100 league get last season? Seriously I wanna know this too.... because to me, the only to upgrade players is to increase our value to be on top league. But reasons of why do we want to be in top league is first thing I need to know.

to me, SD match up is fine because it will eventually balance our win and loses. No matter if we got 77ovr or 81ovr of current season line up, we can be kn top 100 easy. I'm now ranked 43rd, only got 78ovr line up... ever 10 matches I win 5-7 times in average.

Today I'm in top league and it seems like people eager to be on top... whilst all I get is stamina which isn't even big deal to me
LvL is the backbone of this game you don't make connections with other players because of SD I've run a top 100 league every season of this game LvL is by far the most important mode to most people regardless of what shitty reward we get from EA it's about comradery and having something to work towards all year while SD is stable, refreshes often, and amongst players in this game nobody cares if you are a top ranking SD player but if you're in a top ranked league then other players give some notice there are various reasons for everyone that prefers LvL over SD and I covered a few of them but me personally I like being in a group that helps each other achieve a goal that isn't possible with SD at all

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
For me it is the only thing keeping me hooked into this game. If my teammates did not depend on each other to play every day I doubt I could stay in this game right now. There was a time in season 1 and 2 that there were high ovr players that you could only get through league mode. I did not even realize that rewards have been duds since then, just playing on our habit.

They should keep it that way... People spending so much of real money to have top OVR lineups for no reason is what I see. It is fun to play, however, the math of this game is sooo bad for players and so profitable for the developer.

FlyinFrog

Rookie 1
LvL is the backbone of this game you don't make connections with other players because of SD I've run a top 100 league every season of this game LvL is by far the most important mode to most people regardless of what shitty reward we get from EA it's about comradery and having something to work towards all year while SD is stable, refreshes often, and amongst players in this game nobody cares if you are a top ranking SD player but if you're in a top ranked league then other players give some notice there are various reasons for everyone that prefers LvL over SD and I covered a few of them but me personally I like being in a group that helps each other achieve a goal that isn't possible with SD at all

Interesting that you mention goal here, what goal? To be in top 100?

I mean... most people staying in top leage are often people that either play real hardcore all day all night to get all needed to improve the lineup, or.... spend serious amount of money.

About cheating you mentioned on the other thread, for the amount of money they got... EA should be able to manage developing some sort of Anti-Cheat codes. It's like requirement for any online game and this game is a tiny piece of cake compares to online shooting games with millions players... and they still managed to minimised cheating.

because to me, I wouldn't mind spending $100-150a month if the math is fair, if there is a good reward really paid for competing and being on top 🤣

Thank you for explaining and by this I know not to really bother myself to be on top league, even though I am now enjoying being in top 3 league and the team got amazing players, in which last they finished top 60 too.

I love winning and being in top chart, but for rewards not for what other people would think 🍻🍻

Don't get me wrong, it's good to know that I'm on top league myself this season but I have no idea, what's that for haha

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.