• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Gameplay changes ?

benkangquan

Rookie 1
Since yesterday I noticed the AI is missing every single shot. I miss more shots than usual too. Playing my best defense in a while. Last 3 LVL I have given up 6,6 and 4 in TWO quarters combined...I usually give up at least 15-20. Anyone else ?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
what I've noticed is the manual switching can get messed up easily and will switch you to a player nowhere near the ball handler

Santoz pg

Rookie 1
Since yesterday I noticed the AI is missing every single shot. I miss more shots than usual too. Playing my best defense in a while. Last 3 LVL I have given up 6,6 and 4 in TWO quarters combined...I usually give up at least 15-20. Anyone else ?
Also when you purchase stamina it must rug 2times Everytime I have full stamina it pops out & crash two times especially when I'm about to win

dub365

All-Star 1
what I've noticed is the manual switching can get messed up easily and will switch you to a player nowhere near the ball handler
I experienced this a few times myself yesterday. It's been happening randomly for a while though. My LVL qtrs have been better the last couple days but also lower scoring on both ends. If the AI isn't totally OP..... I'll take it

dub365

All-Star 1
yes, I've noticed this too. Also: I get A LOT more missed clutch shots.
I feel like I haven't made a contested shot under the rim in a week or so. No matter who I'm using, shots just won't fall if there's contact in LVL. Weird.

And I paid attention in my quarters today.....they missed a lot of shots that, as of late, have been automatic for the CPU, regardless of the defense being played. That's nice to see. But it feels a little skewed the other way now. Idk why they can't just settle on consistent gameplay and leave it alone. We've definitely numerous times over the last 3 seasons where gameplay was pretty good. They just need to stop being foolish about it...

Last edited:

cire2245

Rookie 3
AI missing ‘all’ of outside shot and even manual shooting is inconsistent. I am thinking now of building an inside scoring lineup for AI. Like those cards who usually go inside for layup/drive instead of shooting outside. AI’s offensive rebounding and onball defensive boosts became more critical as well. Maybe they need just a little more tweak on shooting (not always missing) and I think we will have a better gameplay where we can see more variety in gameplay style and not just sprinting for 3s.

Giovanni

Rookie 1
No matter who I am using (Curry, Butler, even Alex English in the last blitz event), I am not able to shoot better than 50% on 3s. Almost every shot I make has perfect release, but it looks like it doesn't matter

TomH

Pro 2
I wonder if maybe they tried to ease back ai shooting and sent shockwaves through the entire gameplay coding.

1. in SD and lvl manual switching is all messed up.
2. but it doesn’t matter much because ai misses almost 100% of outside shots.
3. when this “change” first happened manual 3 shooting still fine. Then it started going down.

I’ve had more 20, 24-0 games in the last 3 days than last 3 years.

It’s very bizarre. I was a bit worried that 3 shooting would drop when they upped max to 125, because a card boosted to 115 max, is suddenly 10 short of max. Don’t know if there is any correlation to the weirdness going on. Do know I am terrified of what is left when EA tries to fix it.

dub365

All-Star 1
I wonder if maybe they tried to ease back ai shooting and sent shockwaves through the entire gameplay coding.

1. in SD and lvl manual switching is all messed up.
2. but it doesn’t matter much because ai misses almost 100% of outside shots.
3. when this “change” first happened manual 3 shooting still fine. Then it started going down.

I’ve had more 20, 24-0 games in the last 3 days than last 3 years.

It’s very bizarre. I was a bit worried that 3 shooting would drop when they upped max to 125, because a card boosted to 115 max, is suddenly 10 short of max. Don’t know if there is any correlation to the weirdness going on. Do know I am terrified of what is left when EA tries to fix it.
I second that. Super weird that right now Def rebounding actually matters bc of all of their misses from outside. The switch thing is really weird too. It seems to switch to the SG a LOT, no matter where he is on the court. It almost seems like the CPU is fighting itself on whether it should cycle to the player nearest the ball or cycle through the positions from PG to C

TomH

Pro 2
I second that. Super weird that right now Def rebounding actually matters bc of all of their misses from outside. The switch thing is really weird too. It seems to switch to the SG a LOT, no matter where he is on the court. It almost seems like the CPU is fighting itself on whether it should cycle to the player nearest the ball or cycle through the positions from PG to C
But everything works fine in campaign gameplay. Well, if fine means ai never hits a jumper.

dub365

All-Star 1
But everything works fine in campaign gameplay. Well, if fine means ai never hits a jumper.
Lol, that's why I've always found it crazy when they deny tweaking the gameplay or that there are no advantage/ disadvantage mechanisms like DDA involved. Obviously you can't have 3 different modes play differently when the rules of the game stay the same. And stats aren't a reason for this........ when you play a more and get rolled by weaker players

teamduncan

Rookie 2
Ai misses a lot. And it's easier to time blocks. Then ai gonna rebound it and miss repeatedly.

Switch is messed up. If someone drives through you switch to totally different guy who can't do anything.

But overall it balances out

Naveen

Rookie 1
Ai misses a lot. And it's easier to time blocks. Then ai gonna rebound it and miss repeatedly.

Switch is messed up. If someone drives through you switch to totally different guy who can't do anything.

But overall it balances out
Yeah. I've even been able to block many 'in the paint' dunks in the last couple of days. But outside shooting is much difficult than before. Cant hit many contested shots as before. And i rarely get a offensive rebound despite having a C with 105 rebounding. And AI sucks in both ways. Ive been able to limit opponents to a 0 score number of times during the last couple of days.
But yet it has become much difficult to win against higher ovr opponents in showdown despite keeping a 10+ lead, because no matter how good i play, my ai dont put up many points . 0- 6 points max when playing higher ovr teams. ( mines 105)

Santoz pg

Rookie 1
Guys I need quick help I have 105 players but they're missing every 3point shot even when playing with inferior opponent. What can I do please.

cire2245

Rookie 3
Guys I need quick help I have 105 players but they're missing every 3point shot even when playing with inferior opponent. What can I do please.
Don’t rely on 3s too much for now. Everyone is experiencing the same, even those whom i know dropping +15 to +20 per quarter in lvl. I think the smartest way to play this game is to not let your opponent score in the paint, let them shoot outside, pray for the rebound, then go for a quick 2. Of course you can shoot 3s if you are really really wide open maybe once or twice if you are really feeling it but avoid spamming it.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.