• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Any Reviews of PG Lebron?

Rynt19

Rookie 1
I was surprised how good he was for me in SD. A lot of steals and good D and boards. I did just put him up in AH. I?m up to 91 overall and trying to accumulate coins for next promo.

Apparently he is better than his stats show, but i think that is almost guaranteed with all Lebron cards.
Probably the best card to guard Harvest Curry alongside Magic

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Great at stealing but mediocre at shooting like 94 Sexton I sold both on my alt and will just use 90 Magic on that team for now

His AH value is alarming low. The AH is in a bad state right now. The ghosts were a mistake. They should have been 91 OVRs and there shouldn't have been so many of them released. It was also a mistake for people to snipe the rare presents and have guaranteed ghosts. I am not thrilled with the state of the game right now. There is no way ghosts should be higher rated than maxed masters.

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
His AH value is alarming low. The AH is in a bad state right now. The ghosts were a mistake. They should have been 91 OVRs and there shouldn't have been so many of them released. It was also a mistake for people to snipe the rare presents and have guaranteed ghosts. I am not thrilled with the state of the game right now. There is no way ghosts should be higher rated than maxed masters.

I'm 10 tokens away from getting him, he seems good in the event but I haven't gone up against him in SD or LvL.

A bit off topic, but I feel the same, it's a cash grab gone wrong.

The North Pole promo isn't even complete and the masters are circa 350k.. the cards, (not maxed) are barely competitive.

They are going to need a quick fix for this.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Having the ghosts be 91 overall wouldn't make them a bunch of money when there were already 91+ cards in those positions including 4 masters from this promo alone the last time we got ghost cards in S1 they were the best cards in the game then too

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Going further off topic.. When does thebuzzer beater activate for the players who have it. Noticed its not the last 2 s like previous seasons.. Same by product of longer showdown quarter?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Going further off topic.. When does thebuzzer beater activate for the players who have it. Noticed its not the last 2 s like previous seasons.. Same by product of longer showdown quarter?

Just to answer your question yes it is the last 2 seconds of a 2 minute quarter but in SD the additional 30 seconds messes it up and it doesn't activate after 1:58 because of the inbounding in the first 30 seconds runs the clock down when out of bounds but it doesn't count on ability timers unless the ball is in play for 1:30 (clutch and ITP) or 1:58 (BB)

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Just to answer your question yes it is the last 2 seconds of a 2 minute quarter but in SD the additional 30 seconds messes it up and it doesn't activate after 1:58 because of the inbounding in the first 30 seconds runs the clock down when out of bounds but it doesn't count on ability timers unless the ball is in play for 1:30 (clutch and ITP) or 1:58 (BB)
Thanks. Really amazed they still didnt bother to fix it from last year

The main appeal of the ghost cards is their abilities. They don?t need to be 94 OVR. Simmons, Iverson and Curry weren?t that high at their base level. And the majority of ghosts in the game weren?t even purchased. The majority of them have been bought from the AH either as presents or as a snipe. A few people were lucky enough to pull them from the blitz. The fact is they are too common and they have wrecked the marketplace by being auctionable. Obviously, the ads caused the price of the Masters to fall but it is crazy that Duncan is going for 500k so soon after Harvest let alone the current Notth Pole cards.

The market went to crap as soon as the presents were opened. I pulled 87 Millsap from the FB live event and got a lousy 150k for him. A few weeks ago, I pulled Iggy and got 650k.

The ghosts should have been non auctionable $100 cards or rare pulls from presents. Brian told us he couldn?t believe the value he saw from the rare presents in testing but the blowback is too much. The latest 89 OVR FB card is worth the same as two hot base elites. They need to start making the style based lineups relevant and essential so that cards retain their value for longer.

The main appeal of the ghost cards is their abilities. They don?t need to be 94 OVR. Simmons, Iverson and Curry weren?t that high at their base level. And the majority of ghosts in the game weren?t even purchased. The majority of them have been bought from the AH either as presents or as a snipe. A few people were lucky enough to pull them from the blitz. The fact is they are too common and they have wrecked the marketplace by being auctionable. Obviously, the ads caused the price of the Masters to fall but it is crazy that Duncan is going for 500k so soon after Harvest let alone the current Notth Pole cards.

The market went to crap as soon as the presents were opened. I pulled 87 Millsap from the FB live event and got a lousy 150k for him. A few weeks ago, I pulled Iggy and got 650k.

The ghosts should have been non auctionable $100 cards or rare pulls from presents. Brian told us he couldn?t believe the value he saw from the rare presents in testing but the blowback is too much. The latest 89 OVR FB card is worth the same as two hot base elites. They need to start making the style based lineups relevant and essential so that cards retain their value for longer.
Something tells me EAs plan worked perfectly. It's no coincidence but a well thought out plan to make sure no significant profit/coins can be earmed from grindable content.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Yes the majority did come from presents but the idea that you can pull a present with a 94 overall that has an ability sold those present bundles around that time that was part of their plan not just people buying the $100 guarantees but as Juke said having a weak profit margin for cards now works in EA's favor giving out a bunch of stamina helped the 90 Christmas masters tank the SG, SF, and PF markets then the others followed with the presents being opened it's all a way to get people to buy stuff they do not care about our AH values they care about the string of events that can cause people to want to or feel the need to spend money on this game

The main appeal for those with a 94 overall team wasn't the abilities it was the higher overall it brought they want the highest overall cards possible the abilities are the icing on the cake not many of them will use a 94 when a 96 is available

I think you are underestimating the appeal of abilities. There are a lot of players who kept ability cards last season long after they were outdated simply because of the guaranteed points. Anyway, there are even more ghost packs now. And now even some of the ghosts are seen as undesirable. Bring on Malone!

Hetzer

Rookie 1
I think you are underestimating the appeal of abilities. There are a lot of players who kept ability cards last season long after they were outdated simply because of the guaranteed points. Anyway, there are even more ghost packs now. And now even some of the ghosts are seen as undesirable. Bring on Malone!

I don't get all the hype about Moses Malone. Was he amazing in S1?

MyNameJeff21

Rookie 1

maoses Malone is a new years master

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

I'm not underestimating them at all the big dogs only kept ability players like BB Simmons last year because of SD his AI was OP and it was almost impossible to avoid him from shooting a full court BB at least now BBs of that length can miss and there are no truly OP manual ghosts even KD is included which is why I sold mine as for AI the ghost PGs are horrible on AI, a clutch Iverson is easy to block, KD disappears at times, Rodman and Bagley don't exist, and the C's are hit or miss they either are great on AI or non-existent, the one with the best AI is definitely Markkanen these ghosts won't last as long as some of the other ability cards from last year with all of the timers being within a short 30 second span

I'm looking forward to this Pippen card some don't like his shooting but he shoots well for me and has great AI maybe Penny and Malone as well since Penny plays (and looks) like T Mac in this game I don't remember how Malone played though

cire2245

Rookie 3
1 or 2 players with ability is not that hard to deal with as long as your ovr is on par with your opponent. But playing against 3 to 5 players, well it sucks. Hopefully once they released platinum cards we'll start experiencing a fair gameplay unless they will produce more of these ghost players, which i would feel like we are not playing basketball anymore but a fantacy game filled with players with superpowers.

Hetzer

Rookie 1

maoses Malone is a new years master
I know that, but people seem a lot more excited about him than other previous masters like KG, Curry etc.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.