Next event

If you need help navigating the forum or you are experiencing any issues, please let us know here.
kebean17
Rookie 1

Next event

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:59 am

Does anyone know what is the next event after this Fire Works event?
Stewie309
Community Chief (Admin)

Re: Next event

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:11 am

The next promo could be the Chinese New Year one starting late January or early February they could always pull a promo out of their ass for no reason but there is no info as of yet on the next promo
Stewie309 | Commissioner of NBALiveCommunity.com formerly known as Jordan23Airz | playing since 2/18/16 | #1 in post count (8,500) and thanks count (682) on NBALive.gg
Shoutout to my friend TorchBeak for the profile picture
slin
Rookie 1

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:38 am

Stewie309 wrote:
The next promo could be the Chinese New Year one starting late January or early February they could always pull a promo out of their ass for no reason but there is no info as of yet on the next promo
Really hoping they drop a CNY promo with a Lin master(first platinum of the game!) :D
F2P Since S1
Raptors | Jeremy Lin
92 OVR
Current Starters:93 Fox 95 Hield 95 Doncic 90 Garnett 92 Malone
Hetzer
Rookie 1

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:42 am

slin wrote:
Stewie309 wrote:
Really hoping they drop a CNY promo with a Lin master(first platinum of the game!) :D
Lin has always been in the CNY promo but that would mean another pg master.
This time I hope they start CNY early and end it early so it doesn't collide with All star. This happened last year and having two shitty promos going at the same time wasnt fun.
Survivor of the 17-18 NBALM season
kebean17
Rookie 1

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:49 am

A s long as its grindable im okay with that hahaha
JukeNukem1432
Rookie 2

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:21 am

slin wrote:
Stewie309 wrote:
Kinda hoping for a Yao Ming master.
ImageImage
G2theMoney
Rookie 2

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:36 am

Ming (out of pos) PG, with ITP, dbl clutch + BB!!! :D :D :D
Stewie309
Community Chief (Admin)

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:50 am

slin wrote:
Stewie309 wrote:
I hope the opposite I don't think the master should have to be of Asian descent every time since Ming has by far the best career under that distinction and imo his career was rather lackluster compared to the hype given to his career afterwards it could be anyone from the favorite teams of China like the Rockets or Lakers perhaps a master T Mac or Harden since they clearly gave up on MVP Harden this season it would make a lot of sense to replace that with a CNY master Harden considering even their city jerseys are in Chinese plus we could use a SG more than a PG at this stage after 3 straight promos with a master PG
Stewie309 | Commissioner of NBALiveCommunity.com formerly known as Jordan23Airz | playing since 2/18/16 | #1 in post count (8,500) and thanks count (682) on NBALive.gg
aramwot
Founder (Admin)

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 pm

Stewie is on the money with positions other than pg really lacking any attention from the content guys..

Hardens been overdone imo.

Can’t say I wouldn’t love a 95 Lin plat though..

I’d put my money on Yao 99.9% will be a master.
Commondjapan
Rookie 3

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:10 pm

I don't understand why we need to have a Chinese New Year promo ever year. But apparently the promo this year is bigger than Harvest.
Stewie309
Community Chief (Admin)

Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:27 pm

Commondjapan wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:10 pm
I don't understand why we need to have a Chinese New Year promo ever year. But apparently the promo this year is bigger than Harvest.
Money is the reason why they know that there are a lot of whales in China and Asia in general so they try to suck everything they can from them and their neighboring countries that celebrate any players from their continent because Asia has never been a hot spot for NBA talent so they try to prey on them and their passionate fan base by giving Lin and Ming a great card every year at that time

The NBA barely celebrates it but EA is all in on doing that
betaman411
Pro 1

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Sounded like Brian is leae content designer for the CNY promo. He was working on it during Harvest. Someone else did Winter.
MyNameJeff21
Rookie 1

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:15 am

Stewie309 wrote:
slin wrote:
Stewie309 wrote:
I hope the opposite I don't think the master should have to be of Asian descent every time since Ming has by far the best career under that distinction and imo his career was rather lackluster compared to the hype given to his career afterwards it could be anyone from the favorite teams of China like the Rockets or Lakers perhaps a master T Mac or Harden since they clearly gave up on MVP Harden this season it would make a lot of sense to replace that with a CNY master Harden considering even their city jerseys are in Chinese plus we could use a SG more than a PG at this stage after 3 straight promos with a master PG
well yao was never the true "master" and kd and rodman were the masters last year
Stewie309
Community Chief (Admin)

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:38 am

MyNameJeff21 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:15 am
Stewie309 wrote:
slin wrote:

well yao was never the true "master" and kd and rodman were the masters last year
Well I didn't say Yao was a master card I was saying he gets a high overall card (at the time) every CNY because they know they can make money from it but if it was between Yao and Lin for a CNY master or high overall then Yao deserves it way more than Lin does I'm hoping Harden gets it but as long as their isn't a PG (unless it's Rose lol) then I'm fine with the choice
jack_george
Pro 1

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:24 am

Stewie309 wrote:
slin wrote:
Stewie309 wrote:
You're making too much sense with this but what's new lol. At least they attempted to have a C master this promo, even though malone's stats are lackluster. I feel like they are still holding on to doing something with Harden ch3 and are scared to do something major with him because of that. I was surprised they gave an impact (deserved one) and the xmas just made sense, although those cards being unauctionable is still questionable (but that's a dead horse at this point so i won't beat it more lol).
slin
Rookie 1

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:17 am

Stewie309 wrote:
slin wrote:
Stewie309 wrote:
100% agree with you. It could really be any player from any team, of any nationality. As for the point on EA's priorities on money, that's definitely a major factor. Frankly, I think this is the one time of year that EA gets an excuse to appease directly to Asian consumers, so they're probably gonna do whoever is huge in Asia. For Jeremy Lin fans like myself, Linsanity never died, so EA's doing an excellent job in appeasing us :lol:. As for Yao Ming, he was, and always will be huge in Asia, especially in China.
F2P Since S1
Raptors | Jeremy Lin
92 OVR
slin
Rookie 1

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:24 am

Stewie309 wrote:
slin wrote:
Stewie309 wrote:
I'll be waiting for that Raptors CNY jersey!
F2P Since S1
Raptors | Jeremy Lin
92 OVR
Silvercaveman
Rookie 1

Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:16 am

An international promo would be good, there are plenty of players in the NBA from countries other than USA and China.
Hetzer
Rookie 1

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:38 am

This is kind of unrelated but after the playoffs end it would be nice to have a promo for the guys that will be retiring/or have retired recently. Dirk, VC, Wade, Manu, David West, possibly Jamal Crawford and Tony Parker.
Survivor of the 17-18 NBALM season
Stewie309
Community Chief (Admin)

Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:44 am

Hetzer wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:38 am
This is kind of unrelated but after the playoffs end it would be nice to have a promo for the guys that will be retiring/or have retired recently. Dirk, VC, Wade, Manu, David West, possibly Jamal Crawford and Tony Parker.
That most likely won't work because when someone retires EA loses their rights so they have to get them back and they aren't always able to do that for a while

Return to “General Help”

Login · Register

Recent Topics