• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Why This Promo SUCKED For Me

Ld.a1

Rookie 1
The constant date changes for sets and campaigns literally ruined this promo for me. To make a long story short, I could have ended up with 2 90 black Friday Players and all 3 Harvest Masters. Instead I?m about to end up with 3 UNSELLABLE Rookie Master KD?s (Which I didn?t know still had the price cap problem, so I got 3 of them because I was desperate for profit at the time) and an 87+ overall legend player. I mean it?s better than nothing, but It just hurts to think about what I could have gotten and comparing it to what I?m going to end up with. Only reason I haven?t gave up is because I still have a chance to redeem myself when the Christmas promo comes out. I hope you guys had better luck than me because this promo almost caused me to delete the game for good.

hviana1979

Rookie 1
Re: Why This Promo SUCKED

You took a wrong turn fo sure.

I grinded everyday and got two masters (90 Curry and Tatum) and chose to buy wildcards pack instead of another 90ovr. Not to mention the other 86 and 83 players to boost individual lineups.

There were problems with timers but I think people are blaming EA for wrong choices, sometimes. This was one of the best promos since S1.

hviana1979

Rookie 1

Not to take a jab at you, for sure, I can imagine your frustration. Go stock your bonus packs and hope that xmas promo will be as good as this one!

Dont blame the promo cause your choices were wrong.

"Why This Promo SUCKED FOR ME" should have been the title.

dub365

All-Star 1

You should've had everything done by the time the screwups all happened. And also, how did you think you were gonna make a bunch on an 83 card, so much so that you grabbed 3 of them? That's on you man. All my leagemates that are f2p grinders are up to 88 OVR with 2- 90s and an 89 plus Elevates & legends. We all could've gotten more out of it if the timers & sets didn't go haywire. But I don't think you can blame anyone else for high risk decisions

Lol you might have been the only one that did the KD set, not once but 3 times!!! It was an awesome promo if you played it smart. We can't keep blaming developers for our decisions. Yes they changed the dates and most of us thought some players were out of reach when we actually had plenty of time to complete them but most of us were able to complete 90 curry, the 86s, and at least 1-2 of the 89s. Not to mention great pulls (other than KD lol) in BF sets.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Dont blame the promo cause your choices were wrong. This forum is so OP sometimes man.

Agreed on the title so that will be changed but I'm confused about your use of OP do you care to elaborate what kind of OP you were talking about because idk if it was the over powered one or not

slin

Rookie 1
Personally, I completely agree with Ld.a1. When black friday came out last Thursday, I grinded the heck out of it. I wasn't able to take advantage of the coin packs glitch in the store, so by the time Sunday came around, I had around 400-ish tokens. For the majority of the promo, I grinded for Mutombo, since I didn't have good starting center. When I saw they had 50 tourney packs, I desperately wasted all my tickets on that set, foolishly thinking that I could get to 89 Curry. But I was only able to complete up to 87. So I got stuck with an unautionable point guard that I was planning to sell if I got it to 89(I already had 86 Porter). If I had known that the sets would repeat again on Monday and Tuesday, then I could have gotten at least 500 tokens saved at the end of this Tuesday. Enough for one 90 Ovr, and a few other packs. I did rip through some of the legends wildcard packs with extra tokens after completing 87 Curry, and I got 87 Marion and enough wildcards to make a legend, so I guess in some way, it compensates the foolish wasting of tokens on my part. After hearing about the extension of BF, I immediately started grinding again. I currently have 206 tokens, and hope to get to 300 by Sunday, to get an 87+ Legend pack.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Personally, I completely agree with Ld.a1. When black friday came out last Thursday, I grinded the heck out of it. I wasn't able to take advantage of the coin packs glitch in the store, so by the time Sunday came around, I had around 400-ish tokens. For the majority of the promo, I grinded for Mutombo, since I didn't have good starting center. When I saw they had 50 tourney packs, I desperately wasted all my tickets on that set, foolishly thinking that I could get to 89 Curry. But I was only able to complete up to 87. So I got stuck with an unautionable point guard that I was planning to sell if I got it to 89(I already had 86 Porter). If I had known that the sets would repeat again on Monday and Tuesday, then I could have gotten at least 500 tokens saved at the end of this Tuesday. Enough for one 90 Ovr, and a few other packs. I did rip through some of the legends wildcard packs with extra tokens after completing 87 Curry, and I got 87 Marion and enough wildcards to make a legend, so I guess in some way, it compensates the foolish wasting of tokens on my part. After hearing about the extension of BF, I immediately started grinding again. I currently have 206 tokens, and hope to get to 300 by Sunday, to get an 87+ Legend pack.

All the other stages of Curry will become auctionable soon they stated that last week so you should be able to sell it next week

slin

Rookie 1

All the other stages of Curry will become auctionable soon they stated that last week so you should be able to sell it next week
[/quote]

Really!? Wow that's great! I can make a little bit of coins back from all the grinding :D Thanks Stewie

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Stewie309 said:

Really!? Wow that's great! I can make a little bit of coins back from all the grinding :D Thanks Stewie

You're welcome hopefully they follow through with it but I'd take 87 Curry over 86 Porter anyways

Ld.a1

Rookie 1

Wow, atleast I?m not alone lol. We literally made almost the same type of mistakes. This promo took alot of grinding, but the most important thing was patience and that is something that I do not have lmao. Only thing we can do now is learn from our mistakes and avoid doing them again when the Christmas promo drops. Good Luck!

Ld.a1

Rookie 1

Dont blame the promo cause your choices were wrong. This forum is so OP sometimes man.

Agreed on the title so that will be changed but I'm confused about your use of OP do you care to elaborate what kind of OP you were talking about because idk if it was the over powered one or not

Thanks for changing the title stewie. I didn?t even realize I didn?t add the ?For Me? part lol.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.