• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Who is the best 80 overall PG

ramizi

Rookie 2
Hi,
After being stuck for 2 weeks with my 74 overall JJ Barea I just had enough.
I sold all my golds & stacked up 260K coins.
Now the question: Who is the best 80 overall PG?

I was looking at:
  • Damian Lilard
  • Kemba Walker
  • Russel Westbrook
  • Kyrie Irving
  • John wall
  • Kyle Lowery
  • Chris Paul
  • Ben Simmons
And really finding it hard to decide!
So I took some snap shots and looked at:
  • Height
  • Speed
  • Agility
  • Mid-Range Shot
  • 3 Points Shot
  • Dunking
  • SWC
  • Defense
  • Steal
  • Dribbling
  • Passing
  • Contested Shots
I knowingly ignored 5 other ratings that I think are less relevant to a PG (inside paint shot, post shot, block, rebounding * 2).
This is what I came up with (80+ ratings in green & 74- ratings in red):

So what can we learn here?
  • Stay away from Ben Simmons! The unofficial star of last season got amazingly bad ratings in this card. other than his...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Attachments

• The best 80 overall PG.png
    The best 80 overall PG.png
    25 KB · Views: 1,921

betaman411

All-Star 1
Unfortunately, you can?t judge a player in this game solely by his stats. I have Irving and find him to be above average. I?ve heard others say Simmons plays well above his stats (like s2) and Lillard seems to be a solid pick as well.

ramizi

Rookie 2
Unfortunately, you can?t judge a player in this game solely by his stats. I have Irving and find him to be above average. I?ve heard others say Simmons plays well above his stats (like s2) and Lillard seems to be a solid pick as well.
Thanks man! I'll let you know how is Kemba in a few days

Alekk

Rookie 2
I'm using Westbrook who I've pulled from a pro pack. He's pretty solid, but the one I'd most like to have is Kemba.

edlllpt

Pro 1
Simmons has the size advantage. Taller cards usually have slightly worse stats to counter-balance that advantage.

in AI Simmons continues to thrive in drive&dunk and is tougher to stop than others from what I can see.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I would suggest to save ur coin and go for a 75-79 gold pg..
Dejounte is good.. and rondo is good for steals..
If u have decided to go for an elite .. lillard or Simmons depending on whether u want ur pg to shoot 3s or drive in/defend..
As for Simmons AI definitely not as good as last season..

ramizi

Rookie 2
I would suggest to save ur coin and go for a 75-79 gold pg..
Dejounte is good.. and rondo is good for steals..
If u have decided to go for an elite .. lillard or Simmons depending on whether u want ur pg to shoot 3s or drive in/defend..
As for Simmons AI definitely not as good as last season..

I tried getting a 78/9 PG in the AH for a week. they were just not there...
And there are none at the moment!
Annoying...

betaman411

All-Star 1

I?m starting to think Kyrie is a liability with his AI. I?ve only played against him a couple times but seems easy to steal from and I?m getting killed in Showdown against lower OVR teams (e.g. I win 18-8 and lose 19-7 to a 75 and I?m a 78). Anyone else have any observations on Kyrie? Who?s the best AI you?ve faced as well?

Perfect example...

2fdpR4c.png

ramizi

Rookie 2

I?m starting to think Kyrie is a liability with his AI. I?ve only played against him a couple times but seems easy to steal from and I?m getting killed in Showdown against lower OVR teams (e.g. I win 18-8 and lose 19-7 to a 75 and I?m a 78). Anyone else have any observations on Kyrie? Who?s the best AI you?ve faced as well?

Perfect example...

2fdpR4c.png

Actually Kyrie has the highest dribbling rating out the entire bunch: 82.
I got hard time in a number of matches with Simmons & Westbrook. Lilard also made a bunch of crazy 3pt shots playing against me.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Perfect example...

2fdpR4c.png

I got hard time in a number of matches with Simmons & Westbrook. Lilard also made a bunch of crazy 3pt shots playing against me.

Kyrie always has a higher dribbling rating then other PGs his overall but is always easy to steal from despite that

betaman411

All-Star 1

Perfect example...

2fdpR4c.png

To add insult to injury, I have +4 dribble from my coach boost...

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Surprisingly found all the elite pgs weak on AI.. Ben is relatively tougher to steal from but still not tough ..
@beta.. kyrie is ai is decent.. but he is easy to steal from.. easiest as usual I'll give it to cp3.. 3 seasons in and cp3 still cant get decent card in this game..I found the pfs more of an offensive weapon on AI this season.. they seem to get open on the top of the key pretty often

I have Kemba on my alt and I?ve been happy with him. He?s a lot more reliable than the rookie Sexton I?ve been grinding with on my main account.

I?m a fan of Irving and Lillard cards but there are a lot of cards with similar height and stats that play the same. The game isn?t complex enough to have distinguishing features in gameplay between one pg and the other. They?re all the same player model. Taller pgs play differently from the Irvings and Lillards but that?s simply another generic player type.

The difference for me is the card art. Lillard?s card looks much better than the other pgs.

dub365

All-Star 1
I've got Lillard and i cant say anything bad about him. He's a Sharpshooter, pretty good stealing & defense, quick/fast, hasn't made a bad pass yet or had the ball picked either

Hetzer

Rookie 1
Ben Simmons is pretty bad on manual. Passing Accuracy doesn't matter in this game so he is only good for dunking. Can't shoot midrange/3pt at all

Kyrie is the one that gives me the most ai troubles. He wants to go to the rim and it?s not stoppable

I have Chris Paul, I like him, better shooter than I thought he would be.

I been wanting to buy kyrie or Simmons for my other name, just purely on ai troubles, and although it doesn?t really seem to matter and I keep doing this over and over, I like simmons stats as a rebounder.

jeforious

Rookie 1
This thread is really nice as we all know PG is the most important position in game. TBH im quite happy with my 79 Curry :) but i played vs his AI and his AI gameplay isnt very good!!

As far as AI goes who is the best PG in playing AI.... You would think its Simmons because of the height advantage? thanks for ur help!

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.