• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Who is the best 80 overall PG

ramizi

Rookie 2
This thread is really nice as we all know PG is the most important position in game. TBH im quite happy with my 79 Curry :) but i played vs his AI and his AI gameplay isnt very good!!

As far as AI goes who is the best PG in playing AI.... You would think its Simmons because of the height advantage? thanks for ur help!

Simmons is indeed quite hard. i had some amazing 3pt shots made by Lilard as well

Iamlegendz

Rookie 2
Was 80 Base elite Curry not considered? Like any Curry Card?s I really like his Manual but he?s AI leaves a lot to be desired. But I surrounded him with lock down defenders and Rim Protectors (Beal, Embiid and Lauri ( Base eleites)) and has been very effective so far. SD I usually win 4/5 matches.

timsg0102

Rookie 2
Ben Simmons is pretty bad on manual. Passing Accuracy doesn't matter in this game so he is only good for dunking. Can't shoot midrange/3pt at all

As it should be, as it reflects reality.

In S2, he kept shooting mid range jumpers & 3s from anywhere(ala Steph Curry w/ height). Time to rein in that version of Simmons...maybe he will be like that in 5 years but now no. lol!

ramizi

Rookie 2
Update after 3 days of showdown with Kemba Walker
What Can I say guys, I am really happy with my decision!
Kemba is so much better than the player he replaced: JJ Barea (74 overall)!
He is faster, scores much better & steals better. To be honest, what impresses me them most is that it is SO easy to get to basket with Kemba than it was with JJ. I just do one or two crossovers and I am able to get an open layup or pass to an open man, sometimes even tempting to do an alley oop.
Was he the right choice? I don't know for sure. I lack the coins to buy them all & try.

For those of you that asked me why I skipped curry: he was simply never for sale when I've looked.

gnu

Rookie 1
In this case I think reality supports the stats. I've tried Dame (AH purchase) and Curry (pro pack pull), and prefer Dame. I didn't notice an appreciable difference in three-point shooting between the two. If anything, Lillard came out ahead, as he can hit consistently from more spots than can Curry. The biggest deciding factor ended up being dunking. At this level, some of these ratings are low enough that guys regularly miss wide open breakaway dunks. I got sick of watching Steph (52 dunk) give away easy points. Dame has a 79, so is much more trustworthy.

ramizi

Rookie 2
In this case I think reality supports the stats. I've tried Dame (AH purchase) and Curry (pro pack pull), and prefer Dame. I didn't notice an appreciable difference in three-point shooting between the two. If anything, Lillard came out ahead, as he can hit consistently from more spots than can Curry. The biggest deciding factor ended up being dunking. At this level, some of these ratings are low enough that guys regularly miss wide open breakaway dunks. I got sick of watching Steph (52 dunk) give away easy points. Dame has a 79, so is much more trustworthy.

Thanks man. I totally agree.
Go for layups instead of dunks!

edlllpt

Pro 1
Lillard is getting a lot of praise here, but I got my Showdown-Season-high (26) against him earlier today.

Svengali

Rookie 1
Well, I have Lillard in my main team, Kyrie on my alternate team, and Westbrook for my third team. All 3 teams are 79OVR. Of the 3, Lillard is best. He can win a game by 10+ points single handedly. He's that good. When I'm struggling in showdown, I just go with him in the last 1 minute.
Kyrie is next best. His passing lanes are killer. His 3 point shooting isn't quite as almost automatic as Lillard but its very close.
Westbrook is my least favourite of the 3. But he drives to the basket so easy. To hit the 3's consistently, you got to be gauge it carefully.
Defensively, Westbrook is best. Lillard is weak, just focus on making sure the opposing PG doesn't get past him. Kyrie, for some reason gets easy steals and always drops the shoulder to create space on the attack.
I guess it depends how you play and what your strengths are.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Well, I have Lillard in my main team, Kyrie on my alternate team, and Westbrook for my third team. All 3 teams are 79OVR. Of the 3, Lillard is best. He can win a game by 10+ points single handedly. He's that good. When I'm struggling in showdown, I just go with him in the last 1 minute.
Kyrie is next best. His passing lanes are killer. His 3 point shooting isn't quite as almost automatic as Lillard but its very close.
Westbrook is my least favourite of the 3. But he drives to the basket so easy. To hit the 3's consistently, you got to be gauge it carefully.
Defensively, Westbrook is best. Lillard is weak, just focus on making sure the opposing PG doesn't get past him. Kyrie, for some reason gets easy steals and always drops the shoulder to create space on the attack.
I guess it depends how you play and what your strengths are.

I'm sure his manual play is great. I was talking purely in terms of AI. I use Kyrie and agree with your assessment but when I face his AI in SD or lvl, also not impressed. I personally can win many more games with an "average" PG if his AI is op. Last season we had the best of both with Simmons but so far, I'd say his AI and Kemba have been the best - so maybe Kemba is the best option at the moment. We need more cards soon...not enough options especially if you care about game style at all.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Lillard is getting a lot of praise here, but I got my Showdown-Season-high (26) against him earlier today.

Good coincidence.. had my highest 26 too today.. I find kyrie and Kemba really easy to steal from..

Who's your PG? I guess it also depends on who you're using to try and steal from these guys.

I've found the game really punishes missed steals (or even just attempts) this season. I mean it also punished them last season but it sure feels like a 100% make if you miss. Also, the PG AI is much better for EVERY player as noted that the ease of penetrating the lane as well as some of the layup animations make defense much more difficult. I've also been "bully balled" quite a few times (i.e. my defender is not maintaining his defensive position and is being pushed towards the basket despite my attempts to move him the opposite direction).

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Good coincidence.. had my highest 26 too today.. I find kyrie and Kemba really easy to steal from..

Who's your PG? I guess it also depends on who you're using to try and steal from these guys.

I've found the game really punishes missed steals (or even just attempts) this season. I mean it also punished them last season but it sure feels like a 100% make if you miss. Also, the PG AI is much better for EVERY player as noted that the ease of penetrating the lane as well as some of the layup animations make defense much more difficult. I've also been "bully balled" quite a few times (i.e. my defender is not maintaining his defensive position and is being pushed towards the basket despite my attempts to move him the opposite direction).

Definitely on the bully ball.. it's like they walk past my defensive player and he actually looks stunned..

Simmons be lookin like THE PRINCE OF FIRE some games

For real I see my hand right on the ball numerous times vrs him and he keeps trucking and no steal... I have stole it from him some to don?t get me wrong, but somethings up with that ai it?s better than it should be

ramizi

Rookie 2
Simmons be lookin like THE PRINCE OF FIRE some games

For real I see my hand right on the ball numerous times vrs him and he keeps trucking and no steal... I have stole it from him some to don?t get me wrong, but somethings up with that ai it?s better than it should be

Agree. Simmons is the hardest PG for me to play against. Better than most 81/2 PG
This card obviously plays way better than his ratings.

Techon

Rookie 1
Was 80 Base elite Curry not considered? Like any Curry Card?s I really like his Manual but he?s AI leaves a lot to be desired. But I surrounded him with lock down defenders and Rim Protectors (Beal, Embiid and Lauri ( Base eleites)) and has been very effective so far. SD I usually win 4/5 matches.

he's never on the auction house.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.