• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

What in the last content update?

edlllpt

Pro 1
Can anyone with tip-off Snyder confirm if his boost changed to +8?

I think that was a fix that was announced. No other guesses or changes I've noticed.

I got some golds that I have not seen before. SG Jaylen Brown tip off

the ah is already too full them and Eric Gordons, making the price of 75-79 SG golds crash.

I honestly don't have enough faith in the AH to believe it works this way. That would indicate that WE have that kind of control over the market, which we know isn't the case, even for golds, I'm afraid. It was almost like a flip of a switch that pretty much made all 75-79 golds sell for 10-15K less on day 2. Day 1 at night they were selling high teens mid 20s with no problem. Day 2 immediate at the start the batches were significantly less. We all know that EA does try to control how many coins we make/have. If they see us making too much on golds (Day 1), it wouldn't surprise me if they changed the caps on golds again.

edlllpt

Pro 1
I honestly don't have enough faith in the AH to believe it works this way. That would indicate that WE have that kind of control over the market, which we know isn't the case, even for golds, I'm afraid. It was almost like a flip of a switch that pretty much made all 75-79 golds sell for 10-15K less on day 2. Day 1 at night they were selling high teens mid 20s with no problem. Day 2 immediate at the start the batches were significantly less. We all know that EA does try to control how many coins we make/have. If they see us making too much on golds (Day 1), it wouldn't surprise me if they changed the caps on golds again.

I'm not following you, what exactly don't you believe?

at the start of the game, when the elites base elites were worth 200k, each gold ovr had a tiny range.
For example something like 35-39 for 79ovr, making it basically impossible to profit with a re-sale given the tax.

But at the start of OSM, when the base elites prices dropped to 100k cards. And a SD 81 went from 900k to 200k, the 75-79 became less regulated at the bottom of their range with drops til 5k.

If you looked at a 79 Randle, right at the start of the OSM promo, you could get the 35k you could get for it in the previous conditions.
At the end of the promo when it wasn't interesting for anyone anymore it was worth 10k.
With the promo over, after a while without Randles being pumped into the market I had the bot giving me as much as 30k for one of them. And now it's there for 7k. The free 80 Lebron and the ease of getting 78 Dirk clearly pushed it down.

This market saturation of this somewhat free 75-79 gold market (), resulting from the ease of pulling 78/79 like Jaylen Brown and Eric Gordon is actually the thing that is destroying the chances of profits with top golds.

So I'm not sure what part don't you believe in.

I'm not following you, what exactly don't you believe?

at the start of the game, when the elites base elites were worth 200k, each gold ovr had a tiny range.
For example something like 35-39 for 79ovr, making it basically impossible to profit with a re-sale given the tax.

But at the start of OSM, when the base elites prices dropped to 100k cards. And a SD 81 went from 900k to 200k, the 75-79 became less regulated at the bottom of their range with drops til 5k.

If you looked at a 79 Randle, right at the start of the OSM promo, you could get the 35k you could get for it in the previous conditions.
At the end of the promo when it wasn't interesting for anyone anymore it was worth 10k.
With the promo over, after a while without Randles being pumped into the market I had the bot giving me as much as 30k for one of them. And now it's there for 7k. The free 80 Lebron and the ease of getting 78 Dirk clearly pushed it down.

This market saturation of this somewhat free 75-79 gold market (), resulting from the ease of pulling 78/79 like Jaylen Brown and Eric Gordon is actually the thing that is destroying the chances of profits with top golds.

So I'm not sure what part don't you believe in.

I totally understand everything you said. You raise some good points. I thought I was clear the first time, I'll try again. I still don't believe that the market is controlled by us putting more golds out there, at least not directly by us. The day 1 to day 2 price drop on golds was like 10-15k. Did seller's just wake up day 2 and say, you know what, all these were going for 20k+ yesterday, but I'm gonna start selling them for 10-15k instead???

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Btw one change I noticed is the free lebron is now recognized as a tip off elite and can be used in the hero set

Btw one change I noticed is the free lebron is now recognized as a tip off elite and can be used in the hero set

Bless. Thanks for the heads up. Wish there was a way EA would communicate changes like this. I had him stuck to the lineup and wouldn't see him available unless pulled out.

edlllpt

Pro 1
I still don't believe that the market is controlled by us putting more golds out there, at least not directly by us. The day 1 to day 2 price drop on golds was like 10-15k. Did seller's just wake up day 2 and say, you know what, all these were going for 20k+ yesterday, but I'm gonna start selling them for 10-15k instead???

You still can find a Randle for 30k . Of course nobody buys it. People will get the one for 6k instead.
And what is that person with Randle unsold doing next if that person wants coins? That seller is going to lower the prize til it seems to have a chance.

Of course, if they list it below the accepted buy-range they won't get anything.

In the first 24h of the promo more people wanted to get the ovr for Isiah's events and people were actively wanting and buying the cards. Once that was done for many, those people stopped being buyers and became sellers.

And when you have more sellers than buyers, price drops. And you may try to put it cheaper than the others to make sure it sells. That's a normal progression for a promo gold in pretty much every promo gold in s1 or s2 when you didn't have any kind of 'correct price ranges' like we have now.

I still don't believe that the market is controlled by us putting more golds out there, at least not directly by us. The day 1 to day 2 price drop on golds was like 10-15k. Did seller's just wake up day 2 and say, you know what, all these were going for 20k+ yesterday, but I'm gonna start selling them for 10-15k instead???

You still can find a Randle for 30k . Of course nobody buys it. People will get the one for 6k instead.
And what is that person with Randle unsold doing next if that person wants coins? That seller is going to lower the prize til it seems to have a chance.

Of course, if they list it below the accepted buy-range they won't get anything.

In the first 24h of the promo more people wanted to get the ovr for Isiah's events and people were actively wanting and buying the cards. Once that was done for many, those people stopped being buyers and became sellers.

And when you have more sellers than buyers, price drops. And you may try to put it cheaper than the others to make sure it sells. That's a normal progression for a promo gold in pretty much every promo gold in s1 or s2 when you didn't have any kind of 'correct price ranges' like we have now.

Ok. Thanks.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.