• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

USER AH BOTS - THOUGHTS?

TomH

Pro 2
I used to think user’s ah bots was a myth, until one of my league mates let me know they are real and even sent me iOS directions to create one.

That said, these bots really piss me off. Even when you time the card drop to the second, refresh perfectly, hit card to open it and hit buy it now, it’s too late. If you play a guy in SD with LBJ, Harden, Kawhi, The Truth (Pierce), and 110 Shaq, (I won’t mention his user name because I’m not a Reddit Prick. There are plenty others), you know that guy is using a bot.

Thoughts on use of these bots? I am strongly against it. Kinda like guys using PEDs. I don’t think EA gives a rip. So it won’t stop. I’m not even gonna bother trying to snipe a 110 anymore. It’s pointless. And kinda like Taking medicine to increase your blood pressure.

X020179

Pro 1
Yeah, 100% with you. I managed to beat the botters when I got LBJ and Harden but the first few attempts for AD, I lost to the bastards. I remember getting wind of one of those “snipeaways” back in S1 (Someone would post a high value card for 101 over and over and tell a select group of people to give them the opportunity to snipe it) and losing Awards LBJ for 55k to a guy, and I quote, who was named “IAMABOTTER12”.

Yeah, let’s screw the entire community over with the AH because of coin sellers and do nothing about the botters. Lovely company running this game

I guess you didnt play season 1. It was worse by then when there wasnt price caps in the AH.

They aint gonna do crap about it.

A lot of people have used them since season 1. Pretty easy to set up a bot and have it run all night. Its actually easier now than its ever been lol. Personally I hate them.

dub365

All-Star 1
It's pretty underhanded when a league has one guy snipe a good card for all the members. There are all kinds of advantages to gain in this game. Whether you have income available to spend or you put effort into figuring out how to exploit the AH to make coins or using your own bots. It's society, it's the ecosystem EA has created..... It's not going to end no matter how much we dislike it. The good thing is that after a while, non-botters will get access to the hot cards and even when they're being botted, it's still possible to beat the bots.

TomH

Pro 2
Bots and Game Guardian - EA doesn’t give a rip about what that does to the game. But they put severely long cool down periods on sets to “keep the game competitive.” I see, I see.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
They don't care most the accounts that ran bots in season 1 were to make coins to sell them to other users now it's mainly used for getting cards you want since it's not possible to sell coins directly to someone anymore

betaman411

All-Star 1
Just for clarification, when you guys talk AH bots, are you saying someone creates a unique filter for a specific card and uses an automatic click app to auto refresh said filter in the auction house and hit the buy now button if a card appears? Or is there a more devious way to do it?

Personally, tools that make doing it the "manual" way faster don't bother me as much as things like gg where code is manipulated.

TomH

Pro 2
I guess you didnt play season 1. It was worse by then when there wasnt price caps in the AH.

They aint gonna do crap about it.

Season 1? Naw. I barely played season 2. I ran across a pic of my final season 2 lineup and it was a 101 made up only of TOTY players.

dub365

All-Star 1
Last night there were a crazy amount of 110s posted to AH1. Snagged Magic on accident as I was trying to get Shaq but hadn't reset my filter. So that makes Magic, Lebron, AD, and UL Duncan( when he was still rare) that ive been able to get over botters, even with my crappy internet connection.

But last night got me thinking about another part of the AH, the proliferation of cards that shouldn't exist but do...... due to the setup of the AH itself. I've personally witnessed this with my own cards, just within the past 2 weeks even. You post a card and it gets mirrored. The mirror card sells but yours doesn't. So you list it again and it gets mirrored and someone buys it and yours sells. There are 2 ppl that now own that card and you only sold one .... So another one exists that otherwise shouldn't. And I think this not only happens more often with high value cards..... But I think it can be manipulated much like coin sellers manipulated Gold cards in the past. If half my theory is true, then despite the botters, there are more "rare or high value" cards that we have a chance to get

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Last night there were a crazy amount of 110s posted to AH1. Snagged Magic on accident as I was trying to get Shaq but hadn't reset my filter. So that makes Magic, Lebron, AD, and UL Duncan( when he was still rare) that ive been able to get over botters, even with my crappy internet connection.

But last night got me thinking about another part of the AH, the proliferation of cards that shouldn't exist but do...... due to the setup of the AH itself. I've personally witnessed this with my own cards, just within the past 2 weeks even. You post a card and it gets mirrored. The mirror card sells but yours doesn't. So you list it again and it gets mirrored and someone buys it and yours sells. There are 2 ppl that now own that card and you only sold one .... So another one exists that otherwise shouldn't. And I think this not only happens more often with high value cards..... But I think it can be manipulated much like coin sellers manipulated Gold cards in the past. If half my theory is true, then despite the botters, there are more "rare or high value" cards that we have a chance to get
They've been doing that forever and it's something I've always hated because it multiplies the supply of a card and as a seller it screws you because it lowers the value the bot will pay

TomH

Pro 2
Just for clarification, when you guys talk AH bots, are you saying someone creates a unique filter for a specific card and uses an automatic click app to auto refresh said filter in the auction house and hit the buy now button if a card appears? Or is there a more devious way to do it?

Personally, tools that make doing it the "manual" way faster don't bother me as much as things like gg where code is manipulated.

Yeah that’s it. It buys the card with less than a second, which is faster than you can click twice. I’ve had a Harden and S h a q (Sorry for some reason it wasn’t letting me post S h a q ) open and pressed buy it now and was too late.

TomH

Pro 2
They've been doing that forever and it's something I've always hated because it multiplies the supply of a card and as a seller it screws you because it lowers the value the bot will pay
Just when I thought I understood the ah, I realize I don’t.

TomH

Pro 2
I’ve manually opened so many Harden and o’Neil just to smash buy it now and get the already sold pop up, I feel like the guy who isn’t on PEDs trying to hit a major league fastball.

Hroswith

Rookie 3
Last night was crazy. I just missed out on LeBron, Magic, Harden twice and O'Neal. Just now, I was too late for rookie AI.

I did manage to buy 109 Butler for 3,9M. Flipped him for 5,4M.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190906_075850_com.ea.gp.nbamobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20190906_075850_com.ea.gp.nbamobile.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 231

Cortes

Rookie 1
NBA-Live_2019-08-18-10-26-57.png

I sniped him in 4M era, same was with 107 Rose, 108 Sexton. You definitely can beat bot just need to be lucky with timing when you click refresh button and then ultra fast.. keep trying and you will snipe something, it's never easy with most wanted cards.

Hroswith

Rookie 3

If this is true, couldn't you theoretically multiply the amount of cards that are available by buying the mirror card yourself and putting them both up for sale?

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.