• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Tip-Off events troubles

Altavilla

Pro 1
So, I?m stuck on the 3rd 76?s event, where you need to score a buzzer beater.
After +10 tries I?m about to give up on Isiah Thomas, unless some 3pt bug comes along again. Managed to score a dunk one time but dunks don?t count :(

How did you do it? Any tips?

Cheers

edlllpt

Pro 1
Pass to the PG while he's moving. It' important that your PG doesn't stop when he catches the ball

I had my PG moving 'southeast'

player grabs the ball close to the right/bottom wing and has the open space to run to the corner

I ended with a midrange near the corner

It's a similar dynamic to when you try to take a last second shot in LvL or Showdown. You start moving your PG before you throw the inbounds pass. I also move southeast but you could try northeast if you like.

You don't need to catch and shoot so you have time to get a decent look. If you try to shoot from the place where you catch the inbounds pass there will more than likely be a defender in your grill.

The first time I tried it they committed a blocking foul then I had less than second to force up a shot. I think I got it on the third try. I was using Rubio too who's not that good.

Altavilla

Pro 1
Thanks for the tips y?all. Will try again.

Btw, just thought how frustrated someone who got some ?acelerator? pack and got stuck in one of these events must be.

Altavilla

Pro 1
3 more tries: 90 wasted stamina.
1 pass straight out of bounds, one miss and one blocked shot. I?m done with this :x :x :x

Unlocking Isiah is super difficult for f2p and his card only sells for 500k.

You don't need to complete the East campaign events to build Tip-Off Heroes. It's probably a good time to reassess your goals. If the East events were repeatable it might be a different story but they're one-off events.

MagicFans

Rookie 1
1 pass straight out of bounds, one miss and one blocked shot. I?m done with this :x :x :x

Try grinding more silvers and doing the gold sets to improve your team.
If you have a shooter with 70+ 3pt rating, the strategy above should be doable.

I guess the reason that you got out of bound is because your PG went too deep. Try catching the pass near half-court, then sprint to baseline for 3.

Altavilla

Pro 1

I guess the reason that you got out of bound is because your PG went too deep. Try catching the pass near half-court, then sprint to baseline for 3.

I have an 82 TO lineup so that shouldn?t be the problem. Anyway, i?m following your suggestion and wait till I have better shooters.

Yes, my PG went to deep, but that?s hard to figure out once he runs off screen before the inbound pass.

I?m waiting a couple of days to ?cool down? and then try again.

betaman411

All-Star 1

I have an 82 TO lineup so that shouldn?t be the problem. Anyway, i?m following your suggestion and wait till I have better shooters.

Yes, my PG went to deep, but that?s hard to figure out once he runs off screen before the inbound pass.

I?m waiting a couple of days to ?cool down? and then try again.
I went northeast on the screen and actually passed to my PG just before he went off screen (to avoid the dreaded OOB pass). Pump faked a jump shot and then shot a mid-range. There was actually still time left on the clock and they got off a shot that I figured was good for sure but it clanked off the rim. One try previous I ran SE and the ball went straight OOB.

:shock: :shock: (from the Tip Off Blitz, which I think the required TO OVR is actually increasing day to day)

I guess ole Wilt and his teammates weren't strong enough as is :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• wilt.png
    wilt.png
    819.2 KB · Views: 1,152

edlllpt

Pro 1
I guess ole Wilt and his teammates weren't strong enough as is

Did we have events/cards before with these questionable boosts in s3? Or did anyone check it before and it's a thing of the latest maintenance? Because those +10 never made sense in the whole season 2 :roll: And don't make sense there either. The 5 we face in the event are an 83 ovr line-up naturally, so the boost doesn't fit unless it was meant to balance for a lower AI bench that doesn't exist.

In season 1 you could see a nerf/buff with specific values for each stat of each card in this kind of events.

In season 2 you had these mindless +10 for things that couldn't match what we were seeing.

Here in s3, In cards like the Miami Heat golds in elite chance, we face them as 63 ovr lu, and their stats are clearly nerfed compared to our versions of the cards. So that kinda makes sense. But that reappearance of +10 in most stats in events' cards makes me scratch my head.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I guess ole Wilt and his teammates weren't strong enough as is

Did we have events/cards before with these questionable boosts in s3? Or did anyone check it before and it's a thing of the latest maintenance? Because those +10 never made sense in the whole season 2 :roll: And don't make sense there either. The 5 we face in the event are an 83 ovr line-up naturally, so the boost doesn't fit unless it was meant to balance for a lower AI bench that doesn't exist.

In season 1 you could see a nerf/buff with specific values for each stat of each card in this kind of events.

In season 2 you had these mindless +10 for things that couldn't match what we were seeing.

Here in s3, In cards like the Miami Heat golds in elite chance, we face them as 63 ovr lu, and their stats are clearly nerfed compared to our versions of the cards. So that kinda makes sense. But that reappearance of +10 in most stats in events' cards makes me scratch my head.

Yeah this isn't the first of boosted cards we've seen most cards I've looked at in campaign events that mean something the other cards are boosted with similar values

WTF! I had the HOU vs LAL Game of the Night won and then all of a sudden their team started a fight with mine!!!!! Fix it, EA!!!!!! Waste of stamina and time!!! (joking lol in case you didn't see that fight lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Altavilla

Pro 1
WTF! I had the HOU vs LAL Game of the Night won and then all of a sudden their team started a fight with mine!!!!! Fix it, EA!!!!!! Waste of stamina and time!!! (joking lol in case you didn't see that fight lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, already managed to hit the BB: southeast corner with PG (2pt off-balance)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, already managed to hit the BB: southeast corner with PG (2pt off-balance)

Good deal! I got lucky I think, because i really wasn't sure how far into the "abyss" Rose was but he caught it and my gut just said " do layup action" and he decided he liked that idea and started the layup from the FT line and just glided in lol. Actually left like 1.5 seconds on the clock, and I was bracing for the full court BB from the AI but that didn't drop. (They definitely decreased the chances of AI hitting buzzer beaters around the time they fixed the 100% manual BB glitch. It was a welcome change, but I still try to take the last shot in case the AI gets any ideas.)

Have you progressed toward any of the other events on the Thomas side? I wasn't sure if you were trying to get the master or just wanted the silver from the events (which requires 81 to complete vs 83 for the master, both of which are tough, but if you get to 81 early enough, it doesn't seem quite as bad to get to 83 once you just put together a constant grind.

I haven't played the Thomas master yet (not 83) but after seeing Buckeye rage a few times, but eventually get it, it's really not that bad of an event. Just looks more complicated than it is. I might even say it's easier than the Wilt event mainly because the Wilt required you to be very precise around so many corners.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Actually getting to 82 was not tough with the sd /pro pack elites I had.. 82 to 83 is getting tough.. havent pulled an 85 so that makes it tougher
Plus if u pull a card u already have,.. cant sell.. so reroll .. more loss of coin...

Actually getting to 82 was not tough with the sd /pro pack elites I had.. 82 to 83 is getting tough.. havent pulled an 85 so that makes it tougher
Plus if u pull a card u already have,.. cant sell.. so reroll .. more loss of coin...

I think the key is finding out which ones are harder to fill like PG and SG. I've seen 83 reached with just simmons at PG and an 80 for bench, and then an 84 mitchell at sg and you can actually have a 79 SG to back him up. Chuck lebron as backup PF unless you already have 2 heroes there than into the hero set with lebron lol. It's easy to get a hero to back up wilt, but you'll for sure need both hayward and wiggins if you only pull one hero SG. If you pull 2 hero SGs that 85 Victor is hard, then you only need one of the SF heroes, but you probably already have 2 SF heroes since they pull so easily.

6 more hours til i can do the reroll and finally have a 6th hero. Ive already learned to expect to have to reroll at LEAST twice, lol. Super annoying to just watch coins drop from reroll but I just told myself it's the price added to getting the hero lol. All of this with one important part: A coach that matches, to give at least 5 boost but obviously 8 is preferred.

Don't need an 85 with this route but obviously getting one helps. Pulling Jordan instead of Dwight to back up Wilt is a helper as well, even by 1 point, but sometimes that's all you need.

Just saw on Reddit that Snyde's boost should be fixed for tomorrow's upstate so that could help since it seems they dish a lot of defensive types this promo, in my experience.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.