• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

The New Shot Meter Sucks!

I want everyone to realize this it's not the new shot meter guys it's shooting in general I went back to the old shot meter and can't shoot or defend to save my life they messed with the shooting and AI then added a new shot meter on top of it the shooting stuff want part of the update only the meter was but its affect wasn't

the EA has to fix that problem of the 3 shots I have no way to put a 3 shot, 10 shot and by chance falls 1 :oops:

Weathr

Rookie 1
I was on vacation and wasn't able to get as far through the Harden campaign as I would have liked. These events are killing me now.

I'm not big on the shot mechanics. I just play the way I've always played and don't pay much attention to the feedback. I actually like the improvements they've made to the gameplay. I found general play smoother this season. I definitely think if you spam corner threes you'll need to adjust as the defenders are closing out quicker than before. That's especially true when your opponent has the OVR advantage.

I can't figure out why people complain about passing. I have never had an issue with the passing in the game. I personally run a lot of fastbreak dunks/layups and seldom have an issue passing in traffic. Josh complains about the passing during his live streams but I love passing to cutting players. It's one of the most enjoyable aspects of the gameplay.

I'm not big on the shot mechanics. I just play the way I've always played and don't pay much attention to the feedback. I actually like the improvements they've made to the gameplay. I found general play smoother this season. I definitely think if you spam corner threes you'll need to adjust as the defenders are closing out quicker than before. That's especially true when your opponent has the OVR advantage.

I can't figure out why people complain about passing. I have never had an issue with the passing in the game. I personally run a lot of fastbreak dunks/layups and seldom have an issue passing in traffic. Josh complains about the passing during his live streams but I love passing to cutting players. It's one of the most enjoyable aspects of the gameplay.

Passing to cutting players is awesome, no changes needed there. However, there are times when you literally have to dribble the ball a foot away from your teammate to pass it to them without it being deflected or stolen. Sure, the dribble handoff is an actual basketball move, but a lot of times you can't make a simple pass from the top of the 3 point line to the wing or its stolen, even if the defender is sagging off of your teammate. It's like you are forced to pass right to the other time, no matter how you angle the control stick.

Slightly more intuitive passing would be better. Earlier I tried to pass to a wide open Harden, so i pressed pass with the stick in his direction. The pass went instead to the big man who was also in the same direction, but clearly being guarded!

Altavilla

Pro 1
I?m finding it easier to hit perfect shots.

I'm not sure which game mode you were in, but i found it's much easier to hit perfect in certain modes. Showdown, was of course the most difficult mode to hit perfect. It's definitely doable, just requires more precise timing.

You have a point.
I find it easier to hit perfect on shooting drills. On LvL and SD... not really (had a 2-2 quarter recently).
But I feel that AI is more agressive on defense (harder to get open 3?s), so maybe this is EA trying to make the ?3pt-repeat? strategy harder.

I?m finding it easier to hit perfect shots.

I'm not sure which game mode you were in, but i found it's much easier to hit perfect in certain modes. Showdown, was of course the most difficult mode to hit perfect. It's definitely doable, just requires more precise timing.

You have a point.
I find it easier to hit perfect on shooting drills. On LvL and SD... not really (had a 2-2 quarter recently).
But I feel that AI is more agressive on defense (harder to get open 3?s), so maybe this is EA trying to make the ?3pt-repeat? strategy harder.

I guess I was a user of the 3 pt strategy (seemed like the only way to win in SD, and I'd still lose many matches by a point so it was apparent the opp was using the same strat), but I don't trust em anymore so it's all layups and open midrange for me with maybe 2 3 pointers attempted a match, which is fine.

Some drills, however, are similar to actual matches. If you don't line it up perfectly, you will miss! I have had to chase an offensive rebound a couple times in the Ch2 Harden blitz because the release was slightly off by a little which sucked because those are 15 second drills! Luckily I haven't lost any due to missing, but now I pretty much prepare for the miss in the drill.

I agree, the AI is definitely more agressive defensively. I have some matches where it's like my whole team is wearing ankle weights! I'm guessing that's a change of some sort. Maybe my device is going to pot. My connection is usually solid, so idk.

Slightly more intuitive passing would be better. Earlier I tried to pass to a wide open Harden, so i pressed pass with the stick in his direction. The pass went instead to the big man who was also in the same direction, but clearly being guarded!

I did the most beautiful pass today to an open Harden on the wing. Man, it was pretty. I'm sure there is a lot of gorgeous stuff we could do if we weren't so busy trying to rack up a score.

Whenever the AI picks off a pass, I just blame myself. I like the fact that my own AI does the same thing so it all swings in roundabouts.

I got a outlet pass picked off, dont really remember that happening to me before

Plus any long passes aren?t working out lol. I really losing interest in this it should be named jr varsity live mobile, can?t make a dunk or layup half the time. Also noticed 3 times in a row in league play I missed a wide open dunk, and ai hit three pointer so 5 point swing and I have 3 accounts and same program method has happened three times in a row so......that?s some shhhhh

timsg0102

Rookie 2
I dunno how many times Harden and Vince Carter fluffed their perimeter shots on Fri-Sat with the new shot meter.

I can understand on why Vince would fluff in his old age(the card isn't a vintage version) but Harden doesnt do that as often.

So now I have to adjust my shot selection so that when I play them both, they do more layups, mid range shots and dunks. If its Harden with LBJ, then there will be more tries from 3 pts.

But it helps that when Harden & VC plays, the defending is better somehow.

edlllpt

Pro 1
I would put rebounding above passing to get fixed first.

even recently promoted game-changers are having no problem expressing their beef with rebounding - - so hopefully the ones receiving feedback care about that one.
EA should fix that long passing issue, it's really annoying. I can't do fastbreaks anymore!

I really don't have an issue here. Are you going for diagonal passes?

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.