• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

The New Shot Meter Sucks!

66RuckerPark

Rookie 1
Theres no more fire cards in nbalm. Theyre all clones smh. They all feel like gold cards with a 71 3pt rating. Curry has the same shot meter as Shaq, its ******* stupid. The tiny green circle is irrelevant.

After playing for a while I really don't mind the new meter or the changes they made. What bothers me is that no one asked for these changes and that this time and effort could be used in areas that actually need urgent change. The whole Harden thing makes no sense to me, first they give us an 80 with relatively decent stats, then they nerf the stats, and then they release another version of Harden which they say is better but has stats similar to the first Harden they gave us before the nerf lol. It's fantastic that they're making changes, good or bad, but it's like they're just making shit up as we go along and making changes to things that are currently unnecessary. Next they will start to release updates that should have been in place since the beginning "claiming new content" e.g. new lineups, LvsL masters & players, Royalty /domination events and masters etc.

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
personally, i agree.. there are other glitches that could have been looked @.. but the interface screen changes are being brought in as i understand it to accomodate the additional 3 teams we will have, so w will know in 10 days after tip-off

we were shooting WAY to easy WAY to early, and teh fact that we have taken a step backwards with relation to scoring, is a good thing for the rest of the season

the g(reen) spot, +20 is +20

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I want everyone to realize this it's not the new shot meter guys it's shooting in general I went back to the old shot meter and can't shoot or defend to save my life they messed with the shooting and AI then added a new shot meter on top of it the shooting stuff want part of the update only the meter was but its affect wasn't

There has definitely been some tweaking with the AI and user shooting, but I had to win two quarters in the last 10 minutes to finish my Daily Objectives and still managed to win. You just need to adjust to lower scoring quarters.

edlllpt

Pro 1
From what I can see, It's just another change that affects everyone, you notice a difference at first, get adjusted to it, and move on.

It doesn't make things easier, but from my point of view, that's far from problematic.

The shotmeter was a lot easier than it was in s2. and if they kept it as it is, once you had cards with stats in the 90 you wouldn't be able to miss a perfect release. I don't think that would be good.

And among my players I think differences between Harden and other cards still exist in the perfect zone size. Unless there's something about hotspots.

I played 5 SD quarters since maintenance and couldn't see a difference in scores. 17-18-19-19-12 were my own, with opponents bringing stuff like 19-0 and 22-11. These aren't different from what one would observe before the update.

If EA wants people to rely less in 3s - that's good to me.
If EA wants shooting percentages to be more realistic - that's good to me. in a SD post I was referring to a tie that had all-time-worst percentages in the game - they were basically league average

Contested shots having an adjusted shot meter compared to open shots is a good move.

You still can run to the corner and get an open 3 +20. So I can't side with most of the complaints here.

66RuckerPark

Rookie 1
I want everyone to realize this it's not the new shot meter guys it's shooting in general I went back to the old shot meter and can't shoot or defend to save my life they messed with the shooting and AI then added a new shot meter on top of it the shooting stuff want part of the update only the meter was but its affect wasn't

What, howd you do that?

The only reason I can think of why they would nerf our elite cards shot meter to the same meter as cards with about 72- 3pt rating is because they have new elites with maybe like 85+ 3pt that will have the same shot meter that we had before the update.

Maybe they are trying to change the gameplay by not relying more on 3s. Noticed as well that you will get only the perfect 20% if you are really wide open or have a good space. To be honest i don't have issue here so far. I can finish a quarter with only one or two 3 point attempt. Also, the opponents that i faced (maybe those who have the update as well) didn't put up a ridiculous margins against mine so i think that is lesss frustrating even if i lost. Well, not grinding sd for this week maybe until they improve the rewards so maybe that' why i am not that too concern, but i'll see how it will really be when i am on showdown grinding mode again.
Even if u don't rely on 3pt, you still missing 100% layups/dunks, where's the odds to miss a 100% layup, well for ea seems like the 0% wins a lot of times, so why the 3% of getting a special promo player but you ripped of the packs and the players is nowhere to be found, same with the 80% midrange, you miss quite often the midrange shots, or the odds are bs or gameplay is very bad, idk what you think but for me are those two

Angtheman

Rookie 1
I don?t mind that they want to push for more realistic game play. But it should be across the board. I haven?t been able to win a showdown match since the update. I score 5 points in 2.50mins and the AI scores 7 then in the opponent turn they our score me by 10. So it?s lob sided.

If they want to make more realistic they need to be realistic and give it to everyone.

Thanat0s

Rookie 1
The new shot meter also ruins the half court event. I just wasted 50 stamina failing to hit a shot both times with 80 Oladipo and his 79 3pt. Never failed the event with him before the change. Perfect release never gave me more than a +14 bonus and no green circle, just yellow. Wtf EA, if you?re jack the shooting then change the event!

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

What, howd you do that?

The only reason I can think of why they would nerf our elite cards shot meter to the same meter as cards with about 72- 3pt rating is because they have new elites with maybe like 85+ 3pt that will have the same shot meter that we had before the update.

Since the update didn't really do anything it isn't forced so when it's not forced you can uninstall an app then reinstall an older version if you're on Android

I?m finding it easier to hit perfect shots.

I'm not sure which game mode you were in, but i found it's much easier to hit perfect in certain modes. Showdown, was of course the most difficult mode to hit perfect. It's definitely doable, just requires more precise timing.

edlllpt

Pro 1
The new shot meter also ruins the half court event. I just wasted 50 stamina failing to hit a shot both times with 80 Oladipo and his 79 3pt. Never failed the event with him before the change. Perfect release never gave me more than a +14 bonus and no green circle, just yellow. Wtf EA, if you?re jack the shooting then change the event!

I agree with this criticism. The half-court event was already the one we were more likely to fail. and now it is even easier to fail it.

Alekk

Rookie 2
My biggest gripe is that I can't even get how it works. It just seems like all my percentages dropped drastically and that's all there is to it.

My biggest gripe is that I can't even get how it works. It just seems like all my percentages dropped drastically and that's all there is to it.

I have made more shots where the release was slightly below the green circle with the % in the mid 50s than I have when I manage to line it up perfectly for a 67 3pt or 84 mid. I can't make sense of it, but the shots were going in with the feedback saying good timing. I've never seen this confirmed, but I heard a successful shot isn't just the meter, but also the timing of the release, so I guess it'd make sense. It seemed like the more I tried to get it perfectly in the green circle the more I'd miss! I can't make sense of it, it would make sense that getting it directly on the target would equal a higher success rate...otherwise, why even have it?

We might do better with no meter, and just a feedback saying whether "very early, slightly early, late, slightly late, etc"

I have made more shots where the release was slightly below the green circle with the % in the mid 50s than I have when I manage to line it up perfectly for a 67 3pt or 84 mid. I can't make sense of it, but the shots were going in with the feedback saying good timing. I've never seen this confirmed, but I heard a successful shot isn't just the meter, but also the timing of the release, so I guess it'd make sense. It seemed like the more I tried to get it perfectly in the green circle the more I'd miss! I can't make sense of it, it would make sense that getting it directly on the target would equal a higher success rate...otherwise, why even have it?

We might do better with no meter, and just a feedback saying whether "very early, slightly early, late, slightly late, etc"

1) To get 20% you have to shoot a wide, wide, wide open uncontested shots with a perfect release.
2) Now as the defender closes in on you, this drastically reduces your shot bonus from 20% to 14% even if you hit a perfect green release.

You can still hit shots without hitting the green release as long as your open and uncontested, but its harder to hit contested shots even with a perfect green release. Before the change a green release always gave a 20% bonus which is not the case now.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.