• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Team Chemistry Help for lvl

ukmj23

Rookie 1
I wish I could help. This lineup I'm using just got waxed for -23 against another 102. But whenever I play, I'll have a good quarter & go +11 but the next.. I'll lay an egg for +2 or something. I can demolish ppl in SD, but not lvl. We're playing #66 right now, idk if they're cheating or just better. But all of the best guys in my league are experiencing the same problem View attachment 835

Betaman and Dub365, both of ur lineups are getting destroyed because of ur PG. Westbrook can be easily stripped especially by any tall PG such as KD or now Magic. Players with good stealing skills will tear him apart as long as they keep proper distance from him so he doesn't blow by you. In general, PGs with slasher archetypes are not great AI choices especially for lvl, as they like to dribble too much to cut to the basket and if you don't let them easy to find a good opportunity to steal.

dub365

All-Star 1
Betaman and Dub365, both of ur lineups are getting destroyed because of ur PG. Westbrook can be easily stripped especially by any tall PG such as KD or now Magic. Players with good stealing skills will tear him apart as long as they keep proper distance from him so he doesn't blow by you. In general, PGs with slasher archetypes are not great AI choices especially for lvl, as they like to dribble too much to cut to the basket and if you don't let them easy to find a good opportunity to steal.
Thanks for bringing that up. While my AI usually does fairly well for me, against good players it doesn't always hold up. I made a new #1 lineup just for LVL def.

Who's tougher to play against/ who should I use for AI? 99 Baron, 100 SD Fox or HF Simmons?

TomH

Pro 2
Juke thanks for the help. I play on iOS and had no idea I could change the speed of something I now know is called the gliding cursor. It was at 30 and I cranked it to 120. Everything is faster. Plus sprinting players can stop on a dime. More steals. More blocks. Just more. Granted it was just SD, but my margins just jumped! (Maybe placebo lol).

In lvl I’ve always been told after a good drive, force close the app and take a break. Also, split drives if possible. Seems to help me with avoid one good and one meh drive.

Thanks again guys.

TreyBurke

Rookie 1
1) Make only ONE pass per possession and only to the player that will take the shot on that possession.
2) We do this back and forth move on our joysticks in the corner to create separation before we shoot a 3, more often than not this results in an open shot as the defender tends to back off just enough. So we sprint to the corner, then move your player left and right until the defender backs off then shoot.
3) Alternate your shots with different players, take one with your SG, the next with your SF, the next with your PG or PF then go back to your SG or the player that you started with. AND if you miss a 3 with say your SG, take the next 3 immediately with the same player. This allows you to take advantage of the percentages as it is rare for the same player to miss again right after a miss.
4) Also alternate your type of shot, e.g. take a 3 with your SG on one possession, a dunk with your PF on the next possesion, another 3 with your SF on the next possesion, a dunk with your PG on the next possession and so on.
5) Lastly set your device pointer sensitivity to max if using an Android. This allows you to steal the ball easier. It's crazy how very little mobile gamers know about this. Most Android devices have it set at 50% by default and hardly anyone changes it, take it to 100%...(https://www.inclusiveandroid.com/content/how-control-sensitivity-your-screen).
Here is mine....I've found it doesn't just affect your pointer or tackpad but increases your screen sensitivity which is always good for gamers. When I tap steal I want as little input lag as possible...
View attachment 836

If you need a gameplay video clarifying the back and forth corner move which creates space for open shots let me know. Hopefully this helps.
Just as an example of what this strategy does in LvsL...
View attachment 837
View attachment 838
View attachment 839
View attachment 840
View attachment 841
View attachment 842
View attachment 843
back
1) Make only ONE pass per possession and only to the player that will take the shot on that possession.
2) We do this back and forth move on our joysticks in the corner to create separation before we shoot a 3, more often than not this results in an open shot as the defender tends to back off just enough. So we sprint to the corner, then move your player left and right until the defender backs off then shoot.
3) Alternate your shots with different players, take one with your SG, the next with your SF, the next with your PG or PF then go back to your SG or the player that you started with. AND if you miss a 3 with say your SG, take the next 3 immediately with the same player. This allows you to take advantage of the percentages as it is rare for the same player to miss again right after a miss.
4) Also alternate your type of shot, e.g. take a 3 with your SG on one possession, a dunk with your PF on the next possesion, another 3 with your SF on the next possesion, a dunk with your PG on the next possession and so on.
5) Lastly set your device pointer sensitivity to max if using an Android. This allows you to steal the ball easier. It's crazy how very little mobile gamers know about this. Most Android devices have it set at 50% by default and hardly anyone changes it, take it to 100%...(https://www.inclusiveandroid.com/content/how-control-sensitivity-your-screen).
Here is mine....I've found it doesn't just affect your pointer or tackpad but increases your screen sensitivity which is always good for gamers. When I tap steal I want as little input lag as possible...
View attachment 836

If you need a gameplay video clarifying the back and forth corner move which creates space for open shots let me know. Hopefully this helps.
Just as an example of what this strategy does in LvsL...
View attachment 837
View attachment 838
View attachment 839
View attachment 840
View attachment 841
View attachment 842
View attachment 843
a gameplay video clarifying the back and forth corner move which creates space for open shots ? please

back

a gameplay video clarifying the back and forth corner move which creates space for open shots ? please
I did this in showdown just now but same concept. On the last play doing the back and forth move caused a screen animation to trigger leaving me wide open, also sometimes the defender just drifts away. Dont pay attention to the defense, when i play a lower ovr in SD i turn off manual defense and allow them to miss all day, its faster and easier lol. Ill record one LvsL quarter when im playing my next quarters but its pretty much the same thing. Also i should clarify its a BORING way to play and doesnt always work but for me at least it works about 90% of the time. Good enough to just shoot 3s all day lol

Juke thanks for the help. I play on iOS and had no idea I could change the speed of something I now know is called the gliding cursor. It was at 30 and I cranked it to 120. Everything is faster. Plus sprinting players can stop on a dime. More steals. More blocks. Just more. Granted it was just SD, but my margins just jumped! (Maybe placebo lol).

In lvl I’ve always been told after a good drive, force close the app and take a break. Also, split drives if possible. Seems to help me avoid one good and one meh drive.

Thanks again guys.
Glad it helped. I didnt know IOS had something similar. Thats good to know now that i want the new 11" Ipad. It definitely helps with screen response time. Another great app I found recently is Touchscreen Repair. I run it once a week and it usually reduces my touchscreen response time by 6-9 milliseconds...

Last edited:

Altavilla

Pro 1
I was leaning toward getting the new 101 Magic (got some cash saved) but then I remembered: what for, since I’m doing my SD games on auto-play, since my AI plays better than I do, even on my quarter?

The only actual gameplay I’m still enjoying playing is Season. For that, RW and Simmons do just fine.

I think it's nuts that we all experience different things in similar situations. Like MM WB and Jimmer are by far the best backcourt I've had all year. WB just kills it in every way and I'm LITERALLY shooting 75% + with Jimmer from everywhere on the court. I haven't tried all the MM players but Bagley is serviceable, Hakeem is good. Duncan is better than Bagley. McDermott is money from the corners and pretty good inside. I haven't found any of them to suck. But it's just like some ppl can still ball out in LVL and some of us are ready to revolt. Idk, strange times in NBALive land.

You have a much better team than me, though. I have a generic grinder's team. I wouldn't put Westbrook in the top 5 point guards I've used this season although I'll admit that he's not a card I wanted (I had three different versions of Westbrook in my S1 Legacy team and can live without another Westbrook card.) Booker bricks a lot for me. I liked my old team better but I figured reaching 100 OVR would improve my LvL margins. No such luck.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
You have a much better team than me, though. I have a generic grinder's team. I wouldn't put Westbrook in the top 5 point guards I've used this season although I'll admit that he's not a card I wanted (I had three different versions of Westbrook in my S1 Legacy team and can live without another Westbrook card.) Booker bricks a lot for me. I liked my old team better but I figured reaching 100 OVR would improve my LvL margins. No such luck.
Which point guard has been working for u..
Westbrook has been pretty solid for me.
HF Ben surprisingly not as good as i expected. But unexpectedly decebt at 3
Baron was the best i used for the first 3 days i got him.
Marbury was great but tapered as ovrs increased

picklegoat

Rookie 2
We are on our first losing streak of the year. OVR of the teams we are losing to are the same or better. We played the #16 team and were losin -35, -25, -24 type quarters to 102s.

dub365

All-Star 1
Ok so someone help with with this. I put in a lineup I thought would be harder to play against as my #1 lineup. Put in Baron at PG, used Street Kokoskov for Coach. We've been playing the #66 team 3 days in a row. Yesterday I got beat up for -23. Today I get worked for -29. Maybe these dudes are just that good & it doesn't matter. But it was 102 playing 102. Not like I'm a 99.

He's playing with this starting 5 (bottom row). Practically the same lineup but he's got a BB.

Does my lineup suck? Anything I can do?

My other problem is that I just played him back and could only manage +8 in my quarters bc his AI was too strong. Both games, he made everything. I didnt get beat off the dribble by the PG once, played tight D, went for blocks. Got nothing. His Hakeem would out-rebound mine for some reason. Every time I poked the ball out, his guy would run & grab it. I put up 16 pts or so in both games but couldn't keep his score down.....

I'm thinking maybe it really is the whole team OVR thing bc these guys are all 100+ and we've got 7 or so 98 & 99s on our side. I didn't play like crap, I just couldn't get stops and get a good margin. So how does he completely shut me down in both quarters with almost the same starters? Strip my PG every time?

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Ok so someone help with with this. I put in a lineup I thought would be harder to play against as my #1 lineup. Put in Baron at PG, used Street Kokoskov for Coach. We've been playing the #66 team 3 days in a row. Yesterday I got beat up for -23. Today I get worked for -29. Maybe these dudes are just that good & it doesn't matter. But it was 102 playing 102. Not like I'm a 99.
View attachment 852
He's playing with this starting 5 (bottom row). Practically the same lineup but he's got a BB.

View attachment 853

Does my lineup suck? Anything I can do?

My other problem is that I just played him back and could only manage +8 in my quarters bc his AI was too strong. Both games, he made everything. I didnt get beat off the dribble by the PG once, played tight D, went for blocks. Got nothing. His Hakeem would out-rebound mine for some reason. Every time I poked the ball out, his guy would run & grab it. I put up 16 pts or so in both games but couldn't keep his score down.....

I'm thinking maybe it really is the whole team OVR thing bc these guys are all 100+ and we've got 7 or so 98 & 99s on our side. I didn't play like crap, I just couldn't get stops and get a good margin. So how does he completely shut me down in both quarters with almost the same starters? Strip my PG every time?
U think the boosts matter..? his players seem to be heavily boosted. Still impressed with his stealing ability
The other 'one league having more higher ovr players' thing might be a factor.. ..

dub365 dub365 the more I read about your experiences the more I believe that team/league average ovr affects gameplay. Today we played a bunch of 102s and they also went to work on our teams with our A.i's giving up +19 to +25 points and our top players scoring less points than they usually do even when playing the same 102 teams they always play. They have it much easier against 102 teams if the league were playing has a few 99s bringing down their league ovr instead of all 102s.

betaman411

All-Star 1
My screenshot was misleading. I actually use Ben over RW for the reason you mention. I was thinking of trying Kemba or Parker. As I said though, I haven’t seen significant differences in my margins using several of the +100 PG’s currently available. I agree that Baron was my most effective PG to date.

Interesting on the team OVR avg that my current tourney (where I went +26 in my drives) is a dead even avg. I’ll start paying attention to this going forward and report back. I do know that in the last 6-8 tourneys, we have been at a disadvantage in all of them.

TomH

Pro 2
Okay this “make at least one pass, but just one pass, and make it to the shooter” silliness is the best thing since 3pt boosts. 👌🏻 Just used it in lvl and went 14 for 14 3s. That’s never happened for me before. Even forgot about clutch and buzzer beater. lol

dub365

All-Star 1
U think the boosts matter..? his players seem to be heavily boosted. Still impressed with his stealing ability
The other 'one league having more higher ovr players' thing might be a factor.. ..
Our boosts are pretty similar I think I've got 31-33 boost points, he had about 37 but the major difference was he had +8 to steal and +9 to 3 pt. I doubt it could make that much difference unless I had zero boosts

dub365

All-Star 1
dub365 dub365 the more I read about your experiences the more I believe that team/league average ovr affects gameplay. Today we played a bunch of 102s and they also went to work on our teams with our A.i's giving up +19 to +25 points and our top players scoring less points than they usually do even when playing the same 102 teams they always play. They have it much easier against 102 teams if the league were playing has a few 99s bringing down their league ovr instead of all 102s.
I think this may be a real thing. Our league has been in the top 150-200 for a while now and my lineup really hasn't taken any beatings unless we play a top 100 (where coincidentally our team is visibly at an OVR disadvantage). And I have an easier time playing against weaker teams. Yesterday in between matchups with #66, we played someone ranked in the #1400s and I put up +18 without even worrying about my score bc we were crushing them. Hmmm.

TreyBurke

Rookie 1
I did this in showdown just now but same concept. On the last play doing the back and forth move caused a screen animation to trigger leaving me wide open, also sometimes the defender just drifts away. Dont pay attention to the defense, when i play a lower ovr in SD i turn off manual defense and allow them to miss all day, its faster and easier lol. Ill record one LvsL quarter when im playing my next quarters but its pretty much the same thing. Also i should clarify its a BORING way to play and doesnt always work but for me at least it works about 90% of the time. Good enough to just shoot 3s all day lol

Glad it helped. I didnt know IOS had something similar. Thats good to know now that i want the new 11" Ipad. It definitely helps with screen response time. Another great app I found recently is Touchscreen Repair. I run it once a week and it usually reduces my touchscreen response time by 6-9 milliseconds... View attachment 845
Thanks very very appreciate you sharing the secret recipe. Good on You, Jukes

Which point guard has been working for u..
Westbrook has been pretty solid for me.
HF Ben surprisingly not as good as i expected. But unexpectedly decebt at 3
Baron was the best i used for the first 3 days i got him.
Marbury was great but tapered as ovrs increased

I liked Harvest Curry, Baron and Marbury the most this season. I also enjoyed Masked Kyrie and Murray more than Westbrook.

Last edited:

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.