• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Superstar Review Thread

TomH

Pro 2
I’ll kick it off with my biggest surprise and current favorite Superstar - Ja Morant. I had no expectations for this card. He’s fast, agile, and plays good defense including steals. His ability - Energizer - is my favorite of all Superstars. Activates ever 2 made shots. Use it while sprinting to corner for 3 and it is very close to automatic make. Also sure dunking.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
His ability doesn't work and honestly I don't have a favorite because either their X-factor doesn't work, it sucks, or the card is just bad (all my opinion maybe different for others)

Ja is good but ability doesn't work

Embiid is ok but ability requirements suck and he misses the shot often

Kawhi is good but his clutch shot is located in a high traffic area so you can be blocked or fouled (in real life but isn't called in this game) which results in a turnover

Doncic is streaky as hell as a shooter and a horrible defender but his clutch is good

Zion is meh with a bad ability

Murray sucks at stealing and doesn't shoot very well when his useful ability is activated but for a short time his ability affected everyone but that was fixed to just applying to Murray

AD's ability rarely activates even when you're doing it properly but the card itself is decent

I haven't used Coby yet and his ability seems like Ja's in that it won't work but his stats are worse than Ja's so no need to swap them around

I haven't used Giannis but his ability looks useless

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
In order of performance
1. Doncic.. - most reliable 3 of the lot.. relatively consistent ability
2. I take ja and embiid as the duo.. ja is great at driving in and completing layups.. 4 of those and embiids clutch.. the clutch is really unreliable tho
3. Kawhi - actually find his ability really useful if I can get a ton of steals.. not that reliable from 3 tho.
4. AD - decent rebounder
5. Zion - good for opening 3, ability looks nice and misses only occasionally(If the paint is really crowded)
6. Rest

TomH

Pro 2
I’d rate my top 3 at

1. Ja
2. Embiid
3. Giannis
4. AD

Ja’s X factor isn’t any good for what I thought it would be - fast breaks. But it’s killer sprinting to the corner, one on one, and hitting 3. Gets more steals than any other pg I have.

Embiid is deadly from the corner. So is Giannis. It may not be real world-like, but all I’m looking for From C & PF is hitting 3s and rebounding.

Last edited:

ramizi

Rookie 2
I too am positively surprised by Ja.
Dincic for sure is my favorite (I have his card at 84)
Kawhi is a big disappointment and like Stewie309 Stewie309 said his clutch is not effective.

I'd also like to add that in current prices, superstars hardly makes FTP players' lineups.
This I think is a mistake by EA.
I hope they'll adjust soon.

TomH

Pro 2
I’d rate my top 3 at

1. Ja
2. Embiid
3. Giannis
4. AD

Ja’s X factor isn’t any good for what I thought it would be - fast breaks. But it’s killer sprinting to the corner, one on one, and hitting 3. Gets more steals than any other pg I have.

Embiid is deadly from the corner. So is Giannis. It may not be real world-like, but all I’m looking for From C & PF is hitting 3s and rebounding.

dub365

All-Star 1
I think Kawhi is super solid. I've got him at 85 and he doesn't disappoint. And I actually like his clutch bc when I can get steals I know I can fly down & get an easy bucket without worrying about getting open or missing a dunk.

I liked AD when his ability worked. Now it works when it wants to, not when I want it to. I think Embiid is far stronger down low. AD always gets stopped by a defensive animation whereas Embiid somehow makes it through a lot more often when I'm driving the lane.

I like Giannis too, always super solid and I can easily take it to the rack when I activate his ability.

Don't care much for Ja, think his shooting is subpar and I like to shoot deep with my PG. Doncic is meh, still have him in there bc if his clutch but I'm not gonna work to upgrade him last 83 where he's at.

I mainly use Kawhi and AD. Both of them are solid cards. I don't have a problem activating Kawhi's ability, and you can do it repeatedly. AD's ability is harder to activate with auto switch. I find his missed dunks frustrating at times but then I do have a habit of trying to posterize everyone.

Luka is okay, I like using White in the live events but that's just live events. Haven't had a lot of experience with the others.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the abilities that cards like White have seem to make no difference to game play.

Pasasee

Rookie 3
Well sh.t murray is awesome for me at 84 boosted to 90 dunk. All i do is dunk with him and he makes it 9 out of ten time but only when boosted at 90 and above.. Luka is next clutch hits 9 out of 10 times.

I personally love luka‘s ability. He hit shots well but used to be better. For that Giannis thing, he dunks great and speed is fast. Embiid is ok but 4 shots is too much. ja is a brick machine on offense, good inside but that’s it. Kawhi is good but steal is hard. AD sucks, cant stand him and his ability, coby white is decent in live events but haven’t used him, not that I care using him anyways

teamduncan

Rookie 2
Ja Morant. -consistent on almost all aspect. And ability feel like I play and shoot better

Doncic - free clutch. Good 3

Kawhi - good 3. But I almost don't use his clutch (so basically can replace if I find a better shooter)

Davis - he is weird. His ability is messed up. Doesn't work when you use it. But works when you don't use it. I still can't understand him

Embiid I find nothing special.aboiyt him. His clutch needs too many shots and then it misses

Zion and giannis also finds nothing special

Murray misses and doesn't steal much.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.