• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Strategic Quitting In PVP

TomH

Pro 2
I used to think “opponent disconnected “ meant a rage quit. But it happens at odd times - like 1 minute in with 4 minutes to go and a score, for example, of 8-2. I thought they got an automatic loss, but I still had to beat their ai. Tonight, my game froze with a 5 point lead and 11 seconds to go. Opponent was driving for an easy layup. Easy win, but Just froze. Finally had to force close app after waiting A couple minutes. When I got back I saw we tied. I “disconnected “ not by choice. I just assumed it was an automatic loss.

So, now I realize what these chuckleheads are doing (I’m slow sometimes). They are betting on their ai having a better chance than actually playing. And it’s bullshi!t. EA really needs to change this. A “disconnect” should be a forfeit like any other gameplay. Let the remaining guy earn a win, or not, against other guy’s ai. It’s possible both guys lose. But until a strategic disconnect is an automatic loss, this chicken sh!t junk will continue...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

dub365

All-Star 1
I used to think “opponent disconnected “ meant a rage quit. But it happens at odd times - like 1 minute in with 4 minutes to go and a score, for example, of 8-2. I thought they got an automatic loss, but I still had to beat their ai. Tonight, my game froze with a 5 point lead and 11 seconds to go. Opponent was driving for an easy layup. Easy win, but Just froze. Finally had to force close app after waiting A couple minutes. When I got back I saw we tied. I “disconnected “ not by choice. I just assumed it was an automatic loss.

So, now I realize what these chuckleheads are doing (I’m slow sometimes). They are betting on their ai having a better chance than actually playing. And it’s bullshi!t. EA really needs to change this. A “disconnect” should be a forfeit like any other gameplay. Let the remaining guy earn a win, or not, against other guy’s ai. It’s possible both guys lose. But until a strategic disconnect is an automatic loss, this chicken sh!t junk will continue. And it isn’t necessarily after a bunch of clutch shots. Just go up 8-2 or 9-2 in the first minute on manual shooting and half the guys play the odds and book.

EA, if you are watching, disconnect is a loss in S4. Otherwise the integrity of pvp is lost. I don’t go into the Arena to play 4 freaking minutes of Showdown.
There's a lot of bullshit that needs to be filtered out. First and foremost it's the disconnect. Game stops for both parties if there's a disconnect. Whoever is still connected wins. Simple as that.

Im also irritated with a few peeps who have good ability lineups and understand how to manipulate the game. When they play my lineup as an even match, they'll dribble around burning the clock and hit a clutch at the last second. They know that with auto switch I can't follow them around or cut them off or trap them for a steal. So they just piss away the clock and leave less chances for a mistake/turnover to happen. 5 minutes of that for a tie is hell. I should just forfeit and move on but I can't seem to do it.

TomH

Pro 2
There's a lot of bullshit that needs to be filtered out. First and foremost it's the disconnect. Game stops for both parties if there's a disconnect. Whoever is still connected wins. Simple as that.

Im also irritated with a few peeps who have good ability lineups and understand how to manipulate the game. When they play my lineup as an even match, they'll dribble around burning the clock and hit a clutch at the last second. They know that with auto switch I can't follow them around or cut them off or trap them for a steal. So they just piss away the clock and leave less chances for a mistake/turnover to happen. 5 minutes of that for a tie is hell. I should just forfeit and move on but I can't seem to do it.

Yeah. Playing keep away. It’s annoying af and you can’t do anything about it in auto switch. In manual switch I could let them run around like a girl an just stand on their clutch zone.

id go with loss for player that disconnects and immediate win for player that doesn’t. Either way that stops the quitting nonsense in a 3 and out tourney.

teamduncan

Rookie 2
AI tends to be easier to beat for me than players. Not sure if it's the same for everyone. So I have no issue with that.
But if it's a forfeit. I agree it should be automatic loss cause it's a waste of time.
If it's a disconnect. Then maybe internet issues and can go back and play.

As for clutch. The game is quite limited (like just shoot a lot of 3 or layups.) If you just stand at clutch zone then opponent may get open looks.

Personally I dislike the idea of clutch. But since that helps me win. So I did it

If you dislike clutch then can play the battleground one. No clutches.

TomH

Pro 2
As for clutch. The game is quite limited (like just shoot a lot of 3 or layups.) If you just stand at clutch zone then opponent may get open looks.

Im talking about manual switch mode, if it comes. I could more or less leave my player at their clutch zone and switch D to another player. The problem isn’t guys looking for an open 3, they aren’t looking for anything other than running the 3 pt line, one corner to the other, repeatedly until their clutch activates. It’s boring af and nearly impossible to defend in auto switch mode.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Im talking about manual switch mode, if it comes. I could more or less leave my player at their clutch zone and switch D to another player. The problem isn’t guys looking for an open 3, they aren’t looking for anything other than running the 3 pt line, one corner to the other, repeatedly until their clutch activates. It’s boring af and nearly impossible to defend in auto switch mode.
That’s why I’ve kept my arena OVR low. More fun playing against teams without clutches. But I’ve also seen the early disconnect with 59 OVR teams so I’m betting there’s more to it than letting AI play for them.

On a different hotel, PVP is virtually unplayable on my Samsung Galaxy A tablet while it runs great on my iPad mini 4 (same internet WiFi connection). I’m also experiencing slow motion on the team events with Samsung but not with iOS. Finally, both devices seem to lose screen touch functionality now and again when NBA live is running for the past week or so.

dub365

All-Star 1
I had a wired one last night where I went up 14-3 and the opponent disconnected. I was finishing the game and a couple minutes later I realized that all of a sudden it didn't feel like the other team was acting like it was AI controlled. No sooner did that thought come than a 2nd disconnect message appeared on screen. Very odd.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I had a wired one last night where I went up 14-3 and the opponent disconnected. I was finishing the game and a couple minutes later I realized that all of a sudden it didn't feel like the other team was acting like it was AI controlled. No sooner did that thought come than a 2nd disconnect message appeared on screen. Very odd.
I‘ve noticed this as well. Never disconnected myself but apparently you can reconnect.

TomH

Pro 2
Yup me 2..
Btw some people start the match and disconnect immediately. .. if u lose 2 /3 matches u still get some rep.. so ...

that’s why EA needs to fix this. You disconnect, you lose immediately, maybe even booted from that tourney (that’s a tough one tho since some disconnects aren’t voluntary). But there needs to be some type of penalty. It’s become a 50% thing with me - disconnect in first minute of 5 minute match.

TomH

Pro 2
I’m starting to keep user names. This must have spread through some discord. It’s been growing the last 2 weeks, gotten worse the last 3 or 4 days. Even teams loaded up with lower ovr clutch 3s. Just had a guy with 4 lower ovr clutch 3s quit when I won the tip. When I won the bloody tip.

teamduncan

Rookie 2

Well yes. Ea promised to fix that. So we should have it better.
I am guilty of that. But ea made the game like that by putting too much clutch screwing up manual switch . And that's easy win for people with clutch. Boring? Yes (that's why I prefer ea to not release that much clutch players) but if I just want to get my 100k rep and get done with it. That's the easiest way

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.