• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Stop Giving Us New Promos! FIX THE DAMN GAME!!!!

66RuckerPark

Rookie 1
The rebounding is broken,
the defense is broken,
the dunking is broken,
the passing is broken,
the blocking is broken,
the ball saving is broken,
the AI is broken.

Heatculture

Rookie 1
linusthesnake2169 wrote: ?
And the shooting isn't? Alright bud.
No snake, it isnt. Youre just trash.

that escalated quickly.

Game needs help, agreed. Showdown is my personal favourite... An 86 getting smashed by 13 by an 84. Misses three perfect three?s, and two wide open dunks. You stay in front of the defender, and blows by you with an 83 PG. 83 PG is unstoppable, it makes zero sense.

Hate moaning as it?s tough pleasing everyone, but that?s simple programming. Wasting stamina on events where you have perfect timing, is another peeve. But defensively, you can?t defend, you can?t block consistently, and goaltending is constant.

Perfect. Simple fix though, at least sort dunking out and make the AI easier, unless it?s ?like for like? ie. 86 vs 86, not be like some sort of unfair disadvantage playing lower guys.. and against the AI in general.

Heatculture

Rookie 1
Oh, the ?pi?ce de r?sistance? is the rebounding. Bloody fix that, the worst is if they get 2/3/4 offensive rebounds in a row, and u do all the defensive work but your 7 feet AD, Wilt etc cant get a rebound. Fix that pronto!

edlllpt

Pro 1
And the shooting isn't? Alright bud.

No snake, it isnt. Youre just trash.

You're screwed if you apply that logic to yourself once people think the stuff you pointed out isn't broken :lol:

I don't even have an idea about what you think is broken with dunking, passing and blocking :roll:

For Ball defense, rebounding and ball saving, I'd guess that the issue is often about slow auto-switching or bad switching. And non controlled players being too 'inactive' (both ours and AI).

Also, the guys that work on promos shouldn't be the same that work on gameplay so the way you started ranting makes little sense :p I've said the same to someone else who wanted to stop the game until the AH was fixed (and it ended being fixed shortly after anyway).

Heatculture

Rookie 1
?Also, the guys that work on promos shouldn't be the same that work on gameplay?

Agree with that 100%, for a mobile game as well, I would say that I?m actually pretty pleased, gameplay is pretty good, there are some things that could really enhance it. The rebounding? Come on, even you have experienced enough of that crap!

The promos? aren?t all achievable, that?s the thing that bothers me, for heavy gamers to get a couple of 89?s compared to having 3 89?s available and one 90, is pretty tough. I?m on the game a lot much to the mrs unhappiness! But, I haven?t missed an event at all, and I may struggle to get 2 89?s, I have focused all my stamina to just these events. Getting rid of ad?s makes it tougher, but commend EA, I like the fact they put 300 extra stamina in, that?s listening and doing. Just need to find the right balance between Halloween that was too easy ! And this one which is impossible to get a 90 Duncan unless you pay.

Anyway rambling on, in synopsis hope they take the feedback and make it as best they can.

vagabond1231

Rookie 1
https://imgur.com/a/Cz9JUm1

EA Employee does not know half of what we are complaining about. Yet they keep false advertising in test server saying drop rate is "crazy" on their twitter. If you call it out, you get blocked. What a bullsh*t

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Im actually ok with the game as it is.. i understand how the promo is structured.. it was never meant to give f2p EVERYTHING.. otherwise why would anyway pay ( which is the goal of EA) ..if i get 87/89 curry solely by grinding and 2-3 86s i call that a successful promo .. another 89 would be a cherry on the top.. and coming from a promo where everyone got the masters it was always going to be tougher this promo.. i dont mind the p2w players being +2/+3 ovr above us.. they paid for that right..and the people who are bothered by that can always use the AH (thing based on few people posting. It is not that tough to have abt 5 mill in the bank.. not for me personally)
The only real issue i have is making drills which are stupid/irritating rather making them tough on a skill perspective.
If this promo just had 50 stamina events i think that was made the promo hard enuf to grind.. they didnt need to make difficult drills in addition to that. My best read of this promo is they wanted us to just get 89 curry (easy drills).. thats way better than any promo in season 1 in which grinding without coin never got u anywhere

edlllpt

Pro 1
? The rebounding? Come on, even you have experienced enough of that crap!

yeah that's the one I can agree the most :p as it's what I said above, the problem for me is in the switching. It always switches to the player I don't want. And sometimes the one that isn't controlled is just staring.

betaman411

All-Star 1

yeah that's the one I can agree the most :p as it's what I said above, the problem for me is in the switching. It always switches to the player I don't want. And sometimes the one that isn't controlled is just staring.

I?m currently using auto switching and that?s not my main issue. I?ve had several defensive sequences where I block 4 shots ina row only to end up having Wilt hit a turnaround 3 with shot clock expiring. Rebounding is a problem but for me (at least in Showdown) the AI rarely misses a shot so I say fix the bogus AI percentages on skilled shots (eg post like turnaround shots form 3 that splash) and then I?ll worry about rebounding.

On a different note, anyone else notice the AI taking a lot more 3?s lately??

edlllpt

Pro 1

I?m currently using auto switching and that?s not my main issue. I?ve had several defensive sequences where I block 4 shots ina row only to end up having Wilt hit a turnaround 3 with shot clock expiring. Rebounding is a problem but for me (at least in Showdown) the AI rarely misses a shot so I say fix the bogus AI percentages on skilled shots (eg post like turnaround shots form 3 that splash) and then I?ll worry about rebounding.

On a different note, anyone else notice the AI taking a lot more 3?s lately??

Maybe if auto-switching was faster you'd have caught one of the four loose balls after blocks :p

This week I just did the bare minimum in SD (14 wins / 3 L) so not enough to have an opinion about the amount of AI 3s.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

EA Employee does not know half of what we are complaining about. Yet they keep false advertising in test server saying drop rate is "crazy" on their twitter. If you call it out, you get blocked. What a bullsh*t

They seem to be extra defensive right now.. thought from what i have seen and read Brian is the best EA employee we have seen.. he gives out previews, replies posts often enuf, is active on the discord server, and seems to actually want the game to do well.. he is one guy after all..
Josh seems to be unnecessarily serious still.. based on what i have seen from his muthead posts..

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
It doesnt depend on which type of switching u use or how fast u switch.. since all of us experience it .. its obvious the rebounding is coded to be as it is.. similarly those sequences where we block the hell out of them amd they keep getting ball back is coded..
@ beta i have noted that for the past few weeks.. not only more 3s..sometimes earlier in the shot clock and sometimes from 'curry' range which rarely happened on the past.. the worst is the cross court pass where the defender of the ai player reaches to intercept the ball, misses and the ai gets an open wing 3.

betaman411

All-Star 1
It doesnt depend on which type of switching u use or how fast u switch.. since all of us experience it .. its obvious the rebounding is coded to be as it is.. similarly those sequences where we block the hell out of them amd they keep getting ball back is coded..
@ beta i have noted that for the past few weeks.. not only more 3s..sometimes earlier in the shot clock and sometimes from 'curry' range which rarely happened on the past.. the worst is the cross court pass where the defender of the ai player reaches to intercept the ball, misses and the ai gets an open wing 3.

Yeah, your post reminded me of another AI peeve that has been happening more often on last second shots. The AI is regularly inbounding the ball past half court to a wide open player. Doesn?t seem fair that the AI can do this but we can?t. It?s bad enough if I?m one step too far away the inbounder throws some horrible pass that no one could catch!

vagabond1231

Rookie 1
They seem to be extra defensive right now.. thought from what i have seen and read Brian is the best EA employee we have seen.. he gives out previews, replies posts often enuf, is active on the discord server, and seems to actually want the game to do well.. he is one guy after all..
Josh seems to be unnecessarily serious still.. based on what i have seen from his muthead posts..

I highly doubt it since I've been asking them to fix League fan settings and cannot invite people who has "_" Underscore in their ID since Admins/C cannot type underscore in invite search at all since the beginning of this season, but all the "game changers" including Lauren doesn't seem to really mind unless it damages EA mobile's profit. I asked Brian to check this site through tweet multiple times yet he's busy watching Bears games and play RD2R. EA's priority's I guess.
Still it's better than Customer Service that doesn't speak English? lol expectations are so low at this point, don't think there's even "standard"

A huge company like EA should be able to work on both but since promos is how they make money they ignore the other aspects of the game. If EA could make money from new dunks, shooting, rebounding I guarantee we would have these issues sorted out a long time ago.

betaman411

All-Star 1
A huge company like EA should be able to work on both but since promos is how they make money they ignore the other aspects of the game. If EA could make money from new dunks, shooting, rebounding I guarantee we would have these issues sorted out a long time ago.

That?s just it, I think they can. Improved gameplay is surely connected to increased revenues. How many people (P2W?s especially) have quit over gameplay issues that have plagued this game since season 1? If they could monetize that opportunity cost then surely they might reevaluate their priorities. My theory is there?s too much disconnect between game play developers and content creators. We keep hearing Brian has no control over the gameplay development and can only ?pass things along? but if I were in his shoes (ie my ass is on the line for the P&L of the game) I?d be demanding fixes for some of these ?easy to fix? issues. I get the whole resource priority issue with Madden and FIFA, but it sure feels like there?s a bunch of untapped potential with this game.

Add being able to actually block dunks to the list....they shouldn't be goaltends. Of course, knowing how it's gone, they will probably just make the AI dunk % become 110% and unable to be blocked.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.