• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown season3 discussions - end of the tenth season and the start of the eleventh season

edlllpt

Pro 1
Talk about memorable quarters, final results, season ending pulls, your doubts, issues, goals, desires or concerns related to showdown at the start of the tenth season.

My question: What was the fan count of 1000th place? :p

My question: What was the fan count of 1000th place? :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.522M and 784. Has to be close! :p

Easy grind to Legend. Pulled another Kuzma. I'm so sick of 87 Anthony Davis though that I'm actually using him in my SL. Going to sit out this week - glad they didn't change the reward yet.

I had 1.526 and was just at 720 lol. So glad there wasn't a hoard of folks going crazy like the Kyrie. Brian says he's working on SD rewards though, so depending on how fast he is, the rewards may come out a week from now, similar to how the 85s came out a week early because they gave the new reward for an old week (only 98 received em though).

betaman411

All-Star 1
:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.522M and 784. Has to be close! :p

Easy grind to Legend. Pulled another Kuzma. I'm so sick of 87 Anthony Davis though that I'm actually using him in my SL. Going to sit out this week - glad they didn't change the reward yet.

I had 1.526 and was just at 720 lol. So glad there wasn't a hoard of folks going crazy like the Kyrie. Brian says he's working on SD rewards though, so depending on how fast he is, the rewards may come out a week from now, similar to how the 85s came out a week early because they gave the new reward for an old week (only 98 received em though).
Well, if new rewards are announced and on par with Harvest then I'll re-prioritize. My best case scenario right now is 89 Curry and either Dikembe or Tatum (leaning towards the latter). Heavily depends on how BF is structured though with respect to Harvest Promo (i.e. will additional Harvest tokens be possible from BF events?).

Brian's latest plans for SD is to have 5 Showdown Masters that are levelable with tokens earned from rep, division rewards and end of season placement. The theme is Fan Favorites and the players will be levelable to a 90 OVR. The names he mentioned were De'Aaron Fox, Zach LaVine, Joe Ingles, Brian Scalabrine (yep) and Bill Laimbeer.

The requirements for each tier are going to be halved so that there is more competition for the top 10,000 spots. Showdown coaches will also return, this time with one-month boosts.

He hasn't decided yet whether the Masters will be levelable through training or through sets.

Also said the plan is to have this go active a week from today, but that could change. He was clear when saying that he didn't want to release new rewards and screw up a week (kind of how those few 98 people got the 85s before they were advertised, I'm guessing).

dub365

All-Star 1
I like the plan but not super impressed with player choices. Think that should be a well thought out item since we will works toward them for a while instead of having a pool of players for rewards. Idk, feels like you'd want the masters to excite ppl, get them amped to compete... They don't elicit that kind of response from me.

Good, I would kill for a Bill Laimbeer card. This sounds like shards 2.0, we'll see...

Please...No shards. Please. Anything but the sharts. Ugh, just thinking of that shard reroll has me :evil: :evil: :evil:

Saw from Brian that the plans aren't going as he initially wanted due to production. Sounded like he was hesitant to introduce new rewards mid-week in fear it will "break something". Sounded like he was aiming for a release on a Monday instead of mid-week, but which monday is the question. Might boil down to if they can successfully start the new rewards while simultaneously giving the rewards that people thought they were grinding for.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.