• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown season3 discussions - end of the second season and the start of the third season

edlllpt

Pro 1
New showdown season means new post!

So again this is a post to talk about

* Your general opinion about showdown at the moment
* what were the most memorable quarters you experienced/saw
* how much you're playing - and there's an achievement that is counting your number of wins to help us with that.
* season-ending-pulls and whether or not your efforts were worth it.
* The new prize cards.
* Or any other doubt, issues, goals, desires or concerns related to showdown.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
1.56 mill fans.. 495.. last hour was tight but a few wins kept me in top 500..
Legend pack got lucky.. 2 elites.. Gobert and donovan (with fan boost).. elite player.. towns..
Grind was pretty tiring this time due to the 1 week factor.. and the fact that my harden was missing shots like crazy for the past 4 days.
. really feel the bonus shd be 100% fans so at least the grind gets a little easier.. if only grinding for the legend pack that is...
210 wins this time (needed 230 last time)

edlllpt

Pro 1
I played pretty much the same as last season. Reached legend with almost the same amount of manual quarters won (179) as last season. But in the legend tier the amount of 81 ovr opponents was putting me down, so I finished with 1,607M only. I have a total of 409 quarters won now (204+205).

Ended 394th with the last crucial win ending with 2 min left. But that push wasn't worth it because the elite didn't have bonus.

It was a base Lowry as top400 prize and 80 Wiggins in the legend pack.

The weirdest thing were three consecutive ties, including two +15 vs +15. Season high was 26. Worst margin was -5.

@anatdoc yeah, that's an awesome legend pack!

what's tiring me more about SD is that I'm only getting ads when it's already late in the night here.
It's a lot of stamina I could use at other times in the day. And that is creating some fatigue that is making me hesitant in aiming for legend again, as it seems the prize pool remains the same.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I finished 329 with 1.646M fans. Went to bed last night around mid 300's and woke up to 450'ish. Again, since everyone was clustered right around 1.5M fans, I was able to make a late push to secure Top 400. Thought for a hot minute I might be able to get Top 300 but then all of this happened at once. I got an 80 PG Steph from the Legend pack and an 80 Kuzma as my Top 400 reward (no fan bonus). I have Kyrie and Lauri - any recommendations?

I'm not sure if I'm up for grinding Legend every week if the rewards don't improve or the bonus doesn't increase. Coach bonus is a joke for the price. They should just make it that you buy an elite SD coach once and then the bonus is available all of the time (kind of like platinum Brad Stevens last season).

I didn't count my record but I think I had around 230 SD wins last season and my total now shows 513 wins so...not quite as efficient as the first tourney. I also did a quick tally of my 1 pt wins or losses because it literally felt like every match was that close. Surprisingly, only about 20% were decided by one pt or less and I'd say it was split pretty evenly 50/50. By itself this doesn't seem unreasonable but when you consider the difference between a win and a loss (or even a tie) in terms of fans, it's very significant. I believe the system should award positive fans to both teams for "close" margins. This all or nothing system they have now coupled with the lack of a decent fan bonus for all but the select few willing to invest 2k NBA cash in a coach for a week as well as the stamina requirements and all of the gameplay stuff I linked above makes the SD grind to Legend and beyond extremely tedious at best. I'm not saying they need to fix all of this, but one or two of the items would make a significant difference in the overall enjoyment level of the game.

edlllpt

Pro 1
Thought for a hot minute I might be able to get Top 300 but then all of this happened at once. I got an 80 PG Steph from the Legend pack and an 80 Kuzma as my Top 400 reward (no fan bonus). I have Kyrie and Lauri - any recommendations?

I also did a quick tally of my 1 pt wins or losses because it literally felt like every match was that close. Surprisingly, only about 20% were decided by one pt or less

regarding AI I prefer Steph and Lauri. Steph can be easy to steal ocasionally but can also be great in 'unstoppable' animations. Lauri is good at everything except post shots - I've seen him missing 3 in a quarter after successful fakes.

Regarding your issues with SWC mentioned in the other post, I continue not to experience that. Do you continue pressing the joystick/guard button as the contact exists? I try to do that at least.

And if you extend the close game definition to -3 til +3, the percentage should start to look pretty reasonable. So many quarters I end regretting one choice that ends being crucial xD

PS: Links in the forum are not easily distinguishable from the rest - at least for me, - so it may be worth underlining them.

does anyone have any tips on how to not get a rank too high too early in the season?

not playing ?\_(?)_/? but if you want to complete certain events and use the rest of stamina for showdown, give priority to the events, wait for stamina to refill and then play.

I finished in Superstar 2 with a 79 ovr. Last season was 78 ovr & finished in Superstar 1. So step by step lmao.

Rewards were 78 Ingram + 2 low golds + 2 silvers. I will put Ingram on the bench.

As I said before, we should start the season in Pro 1.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Thought for a hot minute I might be able to get Top 300 but then all of this happened at once. I got an 80 PG Steph from the Legend pack and an 80 Kuzma as my Top 400 reward (no fan bonus). I have Kyrie and Lauri - any recommendations?

I also did a quick tally of my 1 pt wins or losses because it literally felt like every match was that close. Surprisingly, only about 20% were decided by one pt or less

regarding AI I prefer Steph and Lauri. Steph can be easy to steal ocasionally but can also be great in 'unstoppable' animations. Lauri is good at everything except post shots - I've seen him missing 3 in a quarter after successful fakes.

Regarding your issues with SWC mentioned in the other post, I continue not to experience that. Do you continue pressing the joystick/guard button as the contact exists? I try to do that at least.

And if you extend the close game definition to -3 til +3, the percentage should start to look pretty reasonable. So many quarters I end regretting one choice that ends being crucial xD

PS: Links in the forum are not easily distinguishable from the rest - at least for me, - so it may be worth underlining them.
I believe if I extended to +/- 3 pts then my losses would far exceed my wins. If I'm lucky, I'm playing at around .500. My guess is I was above .500 the first tourney and below this tourney. Problem is every time I count my matches they are less than my total wins so I know I'm missing a lot of them. I just don't have the patience (or discipline) to document every match. It's absolutely clear to me though that if I don't adjust my style of play depending on the type of match I'm currently playing then I will lose a lot more than I will win. I think the whole point of this random behavior is to force players to adjust - which isn't all that bad if you're playing a couple matches a night but when you grind like we have to in order to reach 1.5M fans in one week, the frustrations mount much quicker because you see the randomness much more clearly. On the flip side, I do enjoy playing SD with no clutch shots because I can play more in the flow of the game as opposed to worrying about maximizing my clutch shots like in s1 and s2. I just think that EA is overthinking this...let higher OVR teams crush lower ones if all else is equal (e.g. skill of players involved). Otherwise, they need to make shooting more difficult to differentiate. Randomly bricking perfect release after perfect release of an open shot and then hitting everything even if it's not a perfect release drives people mad...well, at least me anyway.

Not sure what to say on the SWC. I mean I've all but dragged a player to the floor and they somehow still manage to flip the ball up and score. The only luck I have is deflecting dunks at the rim or creating enough contact for them to miss. But I'm not talking about dunks, I'm talking about the 24-34% SWC plays we get going in 100% of the time for the AI. If I knew how to make a video of gameplay I would so you could see what I mean. I honestly sometimes feel like I'm the only one that experiences such things but then I read a thread like jonnybronbron posted and I know I'm not alone.

edlllpt

Pro 1
I do enjoy playing SD with no clutch shots because I can play more in the flow of the game as opposed to worrying about maximizing my clutch shots like in s1 and s2.

If I knew how to make a video of gameplay I would so you could see what I mean. I honestly sometimes feel like I'm the only one that experiences such things but then I read a thread like jonnybronbron posted and I know I'm not alone.

yeah I like this a lot more without abilities as well.

And if you really want to record something, with an app like GameScreenRecorder you should be fine - only tried it to record some clips in the game and found it friendly.

Anyway, there are not that many people in the forum addressing details like SWC so until we hear from others, it's hard to tell if your view or my view is the most consensual

edlllpt

Pro 1
I did the ill-fated grind for LeBron but I had this one memorable quarter: https://i.imgur.com/EYZpgUP.png

Nice one. The good defense wasn't enough for your opponent :D

The matches I SS'd from the season were also ties. One of the +15 vs +15 - https://i.imgur.com/YPnSuOM.png
And a miserable match with the shooting being below league average (46%) - https://i.imgur.com/jb90393.png. I guess it combined for the worst I've ever seen.

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
Finished on 1.86m in 212th. I was 142 with 5 hours to go but had to sleep. I ended up with 80 Westbrook with fan boost and 80 Drummond. I?ll probably sit out this week and grind for NextGen and cash in on the rest of this promo. I?m selling everything I get out of that to cash up for tip off and another lineup.

Finished on 1.86m in 212th. I was 142 with 5 hours to go but had to sleep. I ended up with 80 Westbrook with fan boost and 80 Drummond. I?ll probably sit out this week and grind for NextGen and cash in on the rest of this promo. I?m selling everything I get out of that to cash up for tip off and another lineup.

That's a great haul! If you dont mind sharing, how many matches at a time do you play, typically? Do you do one or two here or there, or do you try to get a bunch at one time? Obviously you can do a little a both, but I'm just trying to get an idea. At the start of SD seasons, whats your approach to not get too high in the ranks and be forced to play opponents that are higher 70 percent of the time? I hate to bug you, it's just I tried it my way and I didn't get Legend or top 500 after being on pace for both after 3 days. I fell 17K short of legend :lol: :lol: :lol:

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
I put every bit of stamina into it because it?s a short season. Being over 80 made it a lot easier, and even on the last day I was playing top 20?s 82 ovr and winning. I didn?t see any point waiting for it to get better, it won?t.

I?ll probably sit out this week

yeah I'm doing that. only the wins for the daily objectives this time.

I was gonna probably sit as well after coming so close to Legend but falling 2 wins short. I spent half of the week rated at 77, though, and I'm thinking starting at 80 could be enough for 220k fans a day. That's been my focus, not a rank. Just enough fans to be on pace for 1.5M

When maintenance starts mid match, what happens? I was relieved when I saw I was disconnected, but do both of us lose now??? I was doing well, too after a 4 game slump

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.