• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown season discussions - end of season 10 / new season 11

edlllpt

Pro 1
one more season, one more post.

just talk about your results in the last showdown season, final pack pulls, goals for the new season, thoughts about the next player/prize or any new issues or concerns.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Bad season .. struggled without the bonus. Was 930 with half an hour left.. dropped out of the top 1000..
Got sharpshooter nash and a base elite in the packs..
Best win was agst a 104.. won by 2 had a +15 margin..
Looks like another season without bonus.
Certified player this time for bonus

I finished in Superstar and All-Star this season. My motivation was at an all-time low during the TOTY promo. It didn't help that the 97 OVR Leonard was going for a crummy 900k on the Asia server.

I'll definitely grind for Russell though as I could use a 99 OVR C even if it's for my bench. I expect his stats to be pretty poor but if I can get the 100 OVR it will help my cause.

If the bonus is 1 Certified player then why did they take away the live event?

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
without the bonus certifier.. im going 2 struggle this "season".. lets hope they bring some events back
the legends pack was wicked, got a tone of titan tokens!
6 each for haywood, lowry and deandre.. 10 to go each..

edlllpt

Pro 1
I only got to superstar 2 this time. 805k fans and 6338th
Playoffs Bledsoe was the final season pull and got 3 titan tokens of each on average.

I'm not going for Bill Russell.

This bonus may be the hardest of all seasons so far, isn't it?
There was only a Shareef in the AH for 22M. It sold. Now there are 3 Kuzmas. Barely no one will have the bonus, specially with event gone!

Btw, in the path to 805k fans with 100ovr, I only lost 4 games, so it was a sample small enough to recall each PG.
First loss was the first game of the season vs a 97ovr that had a Legend Nash as PG.
Then I played mostly with Nba Lu, going with a maxed TOTY Jamal Murray.
Lost to a 96ovr with nominee Simmons, and lost to a 99ovr and a 101ovr with BB Simmons. So yeah...Simmons still stands above the rest.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Ya agree with that.. only bb Simmons I hate going agst.. just bcz of the free 3 points.. I lost so many matches to 101+ teams by 3/2/1 points just because of that extra 3..
Ya I guess the bonuses are now geared towards the high coins or the high cash players..
Won't grind for bill till this promo finishes.. then will see..

betaman411

All-Star 1
I played all the way to 1M fans without the bonus (took the first week). Picked up 100 Lillard and grabbed about 1.25M additional fans to finish in Top 500. Easiest SD tourney to date for me as I won a lot of my matches with very little to no grind. I also noticed that once I got to about Top 350 that my status didn't change significantly overnight. Even last night I went to bed at around 365 and woke up to 397.

Clutch shots have been big in SD. I'm a 100 NBA team and I was regularly beating 101-104's mainly because my AI was scoring well against them. I've got BB Simmons, Master Harden, FMVP KD and Shaq. I only have about 2 shots that aren't clutch in a quarter which for me at least, has taken away some of the fun of SD. In any case, as G2theMoney noted, the Legend Pack was pretty generous this time around. I think they must've realized how frugal they were with the promotion rewards. Hopefully, I can pick up one of the SD players this tourney.

I have the elites ready for Rahim but only 5 tokens so far so I need the event to come back or I will likely be playing for Top 1000 and Legend pack status only.

trapstarisu

Rookie 1
I did a lil experiment, to see what rewards Rookie 3 would give. I got some random gold player and a random collectible

cire2245

Rookie 3
Didn't made it to top 1000 this season as i didn't grind too much (don't have toty to give boost). Hopefully this season they either keep the fan boost requirement until the end or change it to international player (i think not many will have the certified player which may increase my chance to at least top 500 if i grind religiously).

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
I finished up at 374 this season.. 9 short on shards for DJ, 6 shorts of Lowry.. pulled a 90 JR smith... used him as TP ~

Sold Derozan 98 for 3.3m..

This certified player boost is very unfair for almost everyone playing....

So was TOTY.

Nb809

Rookie 1
I haven't grinded for showdown in three seasons and I kinda don't miss it. I was waiting for a realistic player boost but the Certified requirement is out of this world unreasonable. I guess I'll dabble again. No grind.

Finished in the 380s after having jumped to the 200s the first week and then laying off the second week while focusing on the international promo. That?s been my M.O. the past 3-4 showdown seasons - to make a big push early and then allow myself to end up in the top 500 with minimal play the second week. It?ll be more of the same this season. I?m not too fussed about the virtually unattainable fan bonus this week, as most of us will be playing sans bonus anyway. A 101 Center will do wonders for my team OVR!

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I wish the Russell coach with him as a player-coach wasn't just for #1 in SD but hopefully his stats aren't butchered this time like every other time

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
This is the hardest season I've played and I've made it to Legend in all of them. If you're able to find an opponent the AI is nuts and your shots are nerfed. I just lost 20 - 6, 0 - 17 then 25 - 12, 8 - 22. I had 15 losses in a row and I'm a good player. Still ranked in the 30's after 24 hours at just 420,000.

That you lost 15 in a row but still rank in the 30s makes me feel better because that means even in the top 100 not many people must be using the fan bonus. I was sure a different set of rules applied for the top 100 where everyone would be spending an arm and a leg for the fan bonus regardless of the asking price, but it appears sensible minds prevail after all.
This is the hardest season I've played and I've made it to Legend in all of them. If you're able to find an opponent the AI is nuts and your shots are nerfed. I just lost 20 - 6, 0 - 17 then 25 - 12, 8 - 22. I had 15 losses in a row and I'm a good player. Still ranked in the 30's after 24 hours at just 420,000.

cire2245

Rookie 3
Maybe the grind on international is the reason why there is very little movements in rankings. Me myself is splitting my stamina on the events and sd and i am still at top 1000. I really struggled on last toty fan bonus, thus lost motivation to grind. Hopefully if they change it next time it would be a non-pack player requirement.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I finished up at 374 this season.. 9 short on shards for DJ, 6 shorts of Lowry.. pulled a 90 JR smith... used him as TP ~

Sold Derozan 98 for 3.3m..

This certified player boost is very unfair for almost everyone playing....

So was TOTY.

Basically got the exact same thing for my 98. Much better to sell him and buy back TP in a different form.

AussieMJ

Rookie 1
Hopefully rep carries on to next season. I forgot to say that I have certified Rahim and I'm using classic. NBA would be easier to win with double clutch.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.