• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown matchmaking

TomH

Pro 2
I could give a crap about SD since there's no real necessity or reward for spending time on it. I want them to make SD and LVL play the same. And make it a bit less about OVR and more about the quality of starters you're using. If I've got all 106 starting but a terrible bench, they should still outplay someone with 103s starting and a robust bench.
Agree in part and disagree in part. Strongly agree SD and lvl should play the same. 2:30 quarters. And PLAY THE SAME. They don’t. I’m a 106 and my team typically plays worse in lvl against a 106 (sometime the same 106) than in SD. It’s crazy.

The disagree part - I’m not sure SD was broken. Been 106 a couple weeks and never get an ovr below 104. Mostly a steady diet of 105 & 106. Not sure where this +/- 8 ovr comes comes from. I haven’t played a 98 since I was a 100.

All of this is a result of EA pandering to the biggest whiners on Reddit. Let’s face it, it’s just one big ***** fest over there. As a 105 I sometimes beat 106s. As a 106 sometimes I lose to a 105. Isn’t that the way it is in the flesh and blood NBA. I mean, the Warriors usually beat teams with less talent. And the Suns usually lose to everyone. At the end of the day, I just don’t get the beef. If they want to tighten up the spread ok. I just don’t experience big ovr spreads in SD.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Agree in part and disagree in part. Strongly agree SD and lvl should play the same. 2:30 quarters. And PLAY THE SAME. They don’t. I’m a 106 and my team typically plays worse in lvl against a 106 (sometime the same 106) than in SD. It’s crazy.

The disagree part - I’m not sure SD was broken. Been 106 a couple weeks and never get an ovr below 104. Mostly a steady diet of 105 & 106. Not sure where this +/- 8 ovr comes comes from. I haven’t played a 98 since I was a 100.

All of this is a result of EA pandering to the biggest whiners on Reddit. Let’s face it, it’s just one big ***** fest over there. As a 105 I sometimes beat 106s. As a 106 sometimes I lose to a 105. Isn’t that the way it is in the flesh and blood NBA. I mean, the Warriors usually beat teams with less talent. And the Suns usually lose to everyone. At the end of the day, I just don’t get the beef. If they want to tighten up the spread ok. I just don’t experience big ovr spreads in SD.
Yup i agree. Been a 106 for abt a week or so.. and rarely got a 103/2.. majority 104/5..
And this was reaching legend on the last day

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

I'd say lower the SD time not raise the LvL one

TomH

Pro 2
Yup i agree. Been a 106 for abt a week or so.. and rarely got a 103/2.. majority 104/5..
And this was reaching legend on the last day
Oh yeah, I forgot. Might get some 103s in Rookie or even pro. But it only takes a few games to hit All Star.

Techon

Rookie 1
Why would you waste stamina like that and take -8,000 fans.....just auto play it and you only lose -1,950 fans at the most.
I'm too lazy to do that 🤷‍♂️ I rather accept the loss and quickly get a new match, or rage quit

Jehrzy

Rookie 1
I had some spare coins laying around so I figured, "Jehrzy, with the new matchmaking, you can easily go for a nice theme team and get matched up with similar OVRs, and not have to run into 105+ guys!"

I went and bought three clutch (McDermott, Dirk, Harden) and one BB player (Tony Parker), and it took my OVR down to 103 for my showdown lineup. I thought that I'd be matching around my OVR, but I keep running into 105s and 106s. I even hit a 108 (shocking, but I won!!!). I have barely hit anything lower than 104, and maybe once or twice lower than 103. Now, I haven't played dozens and dozens of games a day, but I do try for a handful.

Call me skeptical, but I'm not sold on this improved matchmaking process....

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.