• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Showdown is blowing my mind again this year

81 vrs 81 and he b.e.a.t.s me 27-9? While I fight my ass off to win 15-6?

Please tell me their is a cheat code again so I don?t feel so bad. Why do they have to give sides advantages why can?t they just let us play fair and normal. That 81 vrs 81 was not a even match. Also lost 21-4 to a 79 I mean maybe I suck who knows.

Re: Showdown is blowing wmy mind again this year

Sorry I got to talk to someone about this I have 1.6m fans and feel like I am worst player in game right now wtf is going on tell me there a cheat code, just lie to me. Lol

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1
Sometimes you just have one of those games. I beat someone 18-2 the other day and i pretty much suck, just seemed like every steal i went for was a success and i was raining 3's like never before (or since).

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Sometimes you just have one of those games. I beat someone 18-2 the other day and i pretty much suck, just seemed like every steal i went for was a success and i was raining 3's like never before (or since).

+1
I guess we all have one of those games.. but I guess some players that's the norm

I?m winning games but my wins are like 17-6 or 17-10 and squeaking out wins, I?ve probably won more than I lost today, but when I see a 79 b.e.a.t my 81 by 17, I mean when I was a 79 there is just no way I would ever beat a 81 like that.......never.....so I must not be that good.

The match history resets to a previous point after you close the app. For me, as long as I dont close the app, it's accurate starting at the top. Once it's closed, the same 2 matches are at the top once opened again. Makes it easier to know how you did since you opened at least.

I get up 13-2 or 10-0 and can?t make a layup, and they always outscore me, does anyone experience that? Any pointers on how to sustain the mojo?

I get up 13-2 or 10-0 and can?t make a layup, and they always outscore me, does anyone experience that? Any pointers on how to sustain the mojo?

You have to play like your ass is on fire the whole match. No letting up. Happened to me all the time, I'd be up 8 with a minute left, and maybe i just naturally ease up , lose focus and they go on a run. Nope. Can't do it. Defensive intensity has to be HIGH all match. Go for the block even if the player you control isn't near the shooter, because I think sometimes it helps the AI go for the block.

I always use autoplay in defence when I'm up at least 7-8 pts. This makes me hold the advantage cause the ai always eats the whole possesion, so they dont have enough time to reduce the margin.

I tried auto play a few. Times, they scored everytime. I?m not lying like everytime. I know last year my team was so good I could switch to auto play and they would intercept passes a lot...this year when I do it they just drive in and dunk or layup.

Maybe I?ll give auto a little more chance but literally it?s like 0-10 possessions for me

Thanks everyone for the quick opinions, makes me feel a bit better. I been winning much more the last hour but still when it comes to a 81, I am the Brooklyn nets.....but I do realize that the 81s I?m playing have better players than me. I am 1 point away from being a 80, my only two 81s in the lineup are kawhi82 and dwight81

betaman411

All-Star 1
Dude, I think this is why we started PM'ing last season! I'm in the exact same boat as what you described and but I'm "only" an 80. Here's my observations:
  • Very "easy" to get a 7-0, 8-0, 9-0 advantage to start a match and then it's like my team is nerfed to the point I'm trying to scratch out a 1pt victory
  • I seem to lose more quarters against teams than my AI wins me - granted this isn't a huge number but still
  • why am I losing to a 76 or by +15 margins and it's all I can do to get 7-10 pt margins - oh that's right it's the "fairness" factor that EA randomly assigns lower OVR's to make them more competitive against higher ones despite telling me I have an advantage at the beginning of the match! Even if it's so hopefully the lower OVR will be encouraged to spend real cash because they believe their team is good enough to beat higher OVR's so just think what they could do if they were higher - wouldn't letting them get crushed by higher OVR's so it's 100% clear they have to play more or spend money to improve their "shitty" (by OVR standards) team be a better path to maximizing revenue?
  • Scoring with contact for the AI is on some ridiculous steroids - it's bad enough I miss wide open dunks or layups or my player does some crazy animation while driving to the basket that results in a block/miss turnover but the fact that the AI RARELY (if ever) misses a dunk or a drive with contact is ridiculous
  • Playing the game on a device with force touch is virtually unplayable for me - button sticks result in continuous drives to the basket instead of pullups or over-committed defense, both of which are unacceptable

I just wish I didn't enjoy lvl and SD so much; otherwise, I would've quit long ago. The icing on the cake is the ridiculous campaign live events that are purely there for eating stamina since no one in their right mind "should" even think of completing the last half of the Off-Season campaign - but wait, it gets better, let's totally F up the AH so it's even more impossible! WTF are these guys doing besides ruining a great game?!

Got All Star 1 on my alt and the reward was literally 1 gold less than Superstar 3's pack. I'm guessing the pack contents are all the same whether Super 1 2 or 3. Imagine that. 1M fans difference, but whether you end at 586K fans or 1, 490, 000 fans, you get 3 crap golds, a silver and a bronze.

How does THAT work?

Got All Star 1 on my alt and the reward was literally 1 gold less than Superstar 3's pack. I'm guessing the pack contents are all the same whether Super 1 2 or 3. Imagine that. 1M fans difference, but whether you end at 586K fans or 1, 490, 000 fans, you get 3 crap golds, a silver and a bronze.

How does THAT work?

I get a 78 Ingram in Superstar 2, so not true.

Well, I beat a 81 24-4 so now I feel better, I think making this thread made me think a little more about the whole setup, and yeah it?s definitely rigged up really good.

Good luck everyone

How does THAT work?

I get a 78 Ingram in Superstar 2, so not true.

That's just awesome, then. 17K away from legend, and my superstar 3 pack doesn't even get a gold over 75.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.