• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Shaq/Yao as PG - (hmmm i dont like it...not for me?)

jeforious

Rookie 1
I was one of the guys that thought BOL was gonna be a nightmare AI wise that he would be a beast in AI department, but boy o boy i was wrong, everytime i see BOL in LVL i basically choose to play it because his AI for me is terrible.. he is slightly harder to get a steal from compare to shorter PGS but his offense to me in is almost non existent. I can get a big margin vs BOL as PG consistently.

When BOL shoots a 3 70% chance he misses the shot coz hes 3pt shot is not good... Magic, Melo, all these other PG when they shoot an open 3...you know its a good chance its gonna go in.... not the case with BOL. Ill be the first one to admit that HEIGHT AS PG is not everything.. i was wrong lol.

That being said perhaps SHAQ and Yao will offer a different gameplay? lol i doubt it... i know everyone is jumping in on the bandwagon with these tall PGs but magic/lebron is an exception because they are a TRUE PG can knockdown 3's.... If YAO and Shaq starts knocking down 3's thennn you got me...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

If my PG can't shoot 3s its a hard pass from me. It would be fun to play with a Yao PG but with the lack of PFs I'm going for Shaq at PF and Yao at C.

Altavilla

Pro 1
I should get Yao PF and Shaq PG.
Just because those are the best fits for my current team (Bal) and I have to start somewhere. Most versions should be available for cheap (1M) at the AH soon enough so...

Asif

Rookie 1
Most of the time yao & bol can't hit corner 3s specially bulls court which give 3pt boost as u all can notice their is less space @ corners comparing to other courts

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Most of the time yao & bol can't hit corner 3s specially bulls court which give 3pt boost as u all can notice their is less space @ corners comparing to other courts
The 3pt line is actually the same just visually it looks different so what should be a deep 2 is a short 3

timsg0102

Rookie 2
I just played against a team on SD with the other side having Yao as PG. Mine was Steph...pretty easy to play and dribble around Yao before getting that opening for a proper shot.

I won 22-12. Yao couldn't really shoot from anywhere, whether was Steph or Vince guarding him..

jeforious

Rookie 1
I just played against a team on SD with the other side having Yao as PG. Mine was Steph...pretty easy to play and dribble around Yao before getting that opening for a proper shot.

I won 22-12. Yao couldn't really shoot from anywhere, whether was Steph or Vince guarding him..

hmmmm thanks for this info. get more games in, give more feed back if u can :)) i think the MAGIC, Durant, Melo or Lebron are still the best choices for PG AI.

Give us feed back in LvL. Showdown and LvL are slightly different in terms of gameplay.

hmmmm thanks for this info. get more games in, give more feed back if u can :)) i think the MAGIC, Durant, Melo or Lebron are still the best choices for PG AI.

Give us feed back in LvL. Showdown and LvL are slightly different in terms of gameplay.
I've played both a 108 & a 109 team with him and like all players easy work on the 108 but unstoppable on the 109.

Ailman

Rookie 1

I'm sticking with Melo, I love the gameplay. Him being on of my favorite players helps as well.

timsg0102

Rookie 2

Magic is definitely good, I can't really stop the guy at times.

As for Yao in that SD match up, the real prob was that my opponent tried to play Yao PG as an iso guard ie like Brodie...not always a great idea when we all know Yao isn't laterally quick, super athletic or agile.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Which positions for Yao and Shaq do you guys think will be more the more valuable cards?
Hard to say most people need a PF and most people want a PG of that size so they may be the least valuable ones but in regards to PF it could go either way because maybe people get guards and don't get a PF because they want the super tall guards so that could be a crapshoot to predict but SF definitely seems like the one people don't want to grind for but may buy it's all really tough

teamduncan

Rookie 2
Manual yao

The good
Blocks easily
Steal is good but need to get used to distance before pressing steal.
Can post other pg and get high percentage dunk or layup

The bad
I find him quite slow. Both defense and offense. While it's difficult to shoot over him seems easy to drive by him.

Edit
His 3 is pretty good

Last edited:

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.