• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Season 4 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

TomH

Pro 2
Well it's well known that a 3 overall difference is where it starts to favor the AI of the lower team to even the odds you can get a +30 easily at time but struggle to get +20 other times when it should be a blowout every time
Yeah. -2 is the cutoff by my experience. So -3 it gets dicey. But frankly it’s crap to do that. used to be an ovr advantage. I’m cool with wiping out the advantage and letting the better cards do better, but reversing the advantage is ridiculous. It’s straight from the participation ribbon universe. Been a problem in SD all the time(since last summer), but it seems intermittent in lvl.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Yeah. -2 is the cutoff by my experience. So -3 it gets dicey. But frankly it’s crap to do that. used to be an ovr advantage. I’m cool with wiping out the advantage and letting the better cards do better, but reversing the advantage is ridiculous. It’s straight from the participation ribbon universe. Been a problem in SD all the time(since last summer), but it seems intermittent in lvl.
I still believe that overall team OVR (and possibly lvl rank) is a factor in lvl that's not present in SD. Lower OVR's on really good teams seem to benefit in my opinion. As a 99 OVR with 97, 96, 96 and 98 (Street, LD, SS and AS), I notice if I play a similar 96/97 OVR gameplay stye team on a team stacked with 100's and 101's, it's a much more difficult match than playing that same OVR team against a team with similar OVR's (e.g. 98/99's). Strictly empirical evidence at this point but I've played enough to know it's more than just coincidence.

As Stewie mentioned, the reverse OVR advantage is generally known so not a new issue. While it's presence in lvl isn't as prevalent as SD, it's still there. On a similar note, a league mate was autoplaying SD during this promo and noticed that his team won more quarters against similar and higher OVR teams than against lower ones. This seems to correlate with the manual quarter phenomenon.

Hroswith

Rookie 3
So apparently, when your opponent in Showdown throws up an alley-oop from beyond the arc, it’s counted as a three point shot now?

As if nerfing down my shots to sub 30% wasn’t bad enough.

TomH

Pro 2
I still believe that overall team OVR (and possibly lvl rank) is a factor in lvl that's not present in SD. Lower OVR's on really good teams seem to benefit in my opinion. As a 99 OVR with 97, 96, 96 and 98 (Street, LD, SS and AS), I notice if I play a similar 96/97 OVR gameplay stye team on a team stacked with 100's and 101's, it's a much more difficult match than playing that same OVR team against a team with similar OVR's (e.g. 98/99's). Strictly empirical evidence at this point but I've played enough to know it's more than just coincidence.

As Stewie mentioned, the reverse OVR advantage is generally known so not a new issue. While it's presence in lvl isn't as prevalent as SD, it's still there. On a similar note, a league mate was autoplaying SD during this promo and noticed that his team won more quarters against similar and higher OVR teams than against lower ones. This seems to correlate with the manual quarter phenomenon.
I think I coined the name “reverse ovr advantage” last August. At least I’m taking credit for it 😂

ive been charting last possession manual shots And the timer. Say you steal the ball with 12 seconds and take your time to set up a typical corner 3. if the ball is still in players hands at 3 seconds to go, it’s about a 10% make rate. If you get it off before 3seconds, it’s the normal 3 rate which is about 85% for me right now (with SS lineup). These are normal range, unrushed shots. And it’s another example of damn lazy coding by EA with the primary parameter being time on the clock.

TomH

Pro 2
I think I coined the name “reverse ovr advantage” last August. At least I’m taking credit for it 😂

ive been charting last possession manual shots And the timer. Say you steal the ball with 12 seconds and take your time to set up a typical corner 3. if the ball is still in players hands at 3 seconds to go(even in the act of shooting), it’s about a 10% make rate. If you get it off before 3seconds, it’s the normal 3 rate which is about 85% for me right now (with SS lineup and assuming no ovr nerf). These are normal range, unrushed shots. And it’s another example of damn lazy coding by EA with the primary parameter being time on the clock.

HeinieManush

Rookie 1

ive been charting last possession manual shots And the timer. Say you steal the ball with 12 seconds and take your time to set up a typical corner 3. if the ball is still in players hands at 3 seconds to go, it’s about a 10% make rate. If you get it off before 3seconds, it’s the normal 3 rate which is about 85% for me right now (with SS lineup). These are normal range, unrushed shots. And it’s another example of damn lazy coding by EA with the primary parameter being time on the clock.

Thank you for posting this. I thought it was just me!

Harjeet62

Rookie 1
Lost 400 stamina and 200 warming points. I can't. I just cant. 🤷‍♂️
I can get into the game but I can’t play season game, showdown, some campaigns games, and Arena. I’m so done like literally all my lineups are like over 95 I’m so annoyed by this.

Spyda9man

Pro 2
The Kenyon martin event is just an endless loop on warming up. I restarted my phone. Exited the app and went back in. I do not want to uninstall and reinstall the game for like the 6th time now

picklegoat

Rookie 2
Great now we can't even buy things to add star power because if you click on the icon next to Shaq you get logged out lol

Hroswith

Rookie 3
“Make two blocks/steals or win”

But we won’t count your blocks and steals, and winning isn’t enough either. Because **** the players

Man, whenever there’s daily lockdown challenges, you’re better off not even bothering with this bullshit.

Attachments

• 481B8902-622F-4681-8F2F-980FF75D7C3C.png
    481B8902-622F-4681-8F2F-980FF75D7C3C.png
    706.4 KB · Views: 191

HeinieManush

Rookie 1

But we won’t count your blocks and steals, and winning isn’t enough either. Because **** the players

Man, whenever there’s daily lockdown challenges, you’re better off not even bothering with this bullshit.
Agreed...

Last edited:

Steve Rogers

Rookie 2

If you dont get 2 steals or blocks wirh the same players they dont count...the most anoying event in all 4 season...luckily isnt stamina based otherwise several nerve breakdown would happen 😂😂

TomH

Pro 2
If you dont get 2 steals or blocks wirh the same players they dont count...the most anoying event in all 4 season...luckily isnt stamina based otherwise several nerve breakdown would happen 😂😂
I won’t even play this one event. For what ? A snowball’s chance in hell at 2 tokens towards the 10 needed to get a couple 87s, and maybe if you are lucky a 90. These sets were once relevant, but like almost every of other non-promo set are so far off the curve to be pointless except for use in other sets.

Hroswith

Rookie 3
The nerfing in the MM games is the worst I’ve seen all season! I unlocked the Live Pass Carter today and even he can’t hit a three to save his life. Just like Kawhi, who has completely forgotten how to both shoot and defend.

A close second is the warmup event in the current promo, where players in the mid 70’s are shooting near perfectly from outside, grab every single rebound and are pretty much unstoppable in the paint.

Big stain on an otherwise excellent promo.

TomH

Pro 2
Taking a break , maybe permanent, from this game. I can’t take the lvl nerf anymore. IDK whats going on but I’m lucky to get +5 in 2d drive. This has been a particularly bad problem this week. I’ve gone from mid to high 20s, occasional 30s, to mid to low teens. Is this a penalty for having top cards? Is it EA trying to entice me to spend even more? Fat chance. I just quit lvl, after 3 seasons of not missing a daily tourney, which is really the main thread holding me to this game.

SD is a cluster f##k With no payoff.

Not much, if anything, to keep me in this game. No signs at all that major gameplay problems will ever be addressed. Or if ea is even capable of addressing them — huge nerf playing greater than -2 ovr, random out of bounds as part of the nerf, rebounding was improved for a bit but now is back to beginning of season crap, goaltending on dunk attempts and anything within a foot of basket, centers swooping up pg steal beyond 3 pt line and launching & hitting 3, impossible to block or even disrupt outside shot, dunks starting to become randomly missed again like beginning of the year, every two SD matches I have to force close app to avoid the inevitable nerf that’s coming next and that only works sometimes, pvp that sucks so bad I don’t even play it.....

Gameplay is a complete and total bad joke. It bears no resemblance to reality. So basically this is a card collecting game. I can do that buying packs of Real cards At the store. Oh, gee, what fun.

My inclination is that EA hasn’t a clue how to fix the issues. My second thought is they are so utterly clueless how real gameplay functions they can’t approximate it. Last, but not by far, is they know it’s screwed up but just don’t give a f##k and /or are wasting most of their time and energy on trying to fix an unfixable pvp. If my vote counted, just dump pvp and spend the extra time on fixing what absolutely could work.

But they won’t. because it’s clear over the 3 years I’ve played they just don‘t give a f##k about making a playable and enjoyable game. They call for suggestions and their answer - more content meaning more cards that won’t do what they are advertised to do in gameplay.

What’s that old definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over bad over and expecting a different result. Time to regain sanity. This “whale” is leaving the building.

Just a thought - quit trying to become more like 2K mobile, own NBALM is and should be different than 2K, then just fix your game — that would kick 2k’s a$$.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.