• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Rebounding

SmokeUpAopi

Rookie 1
How does rebounding even work? Porzingis gets rebounded by opposing Stockton. Is there any trick to having a higher chance of winning the rebound?
The mechanism may just be dumb

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
It's always been like that in the 46 months since the game came out rebounding has always been unrealistic

Spyda9man

Pro 2
In arena I do jump early or predict they about to shoot. And when they see me jump or try to steal (since theres a delay) they go in for the layup/dunk and go right past me.

Pasasee

Rookie 3
In arena I do jump early or predict they about to shoot. And when they see me jump or try to steal (since theres a delay) they go in for the layup/dunk and go right past me.
Stealing in the arena mode with the delay is pointless in my opinion but blocks and rebounds work out pretty well for me 6 out of 10 times

I also can’t rebound. I also struggle with blocks although I get it a lot. Defense has been an issue but not like rebounding. Hard to stop people in showdown

betaman411

All-Star 1
Manual switch feels broken to me. It’s even worse in Arena. I don’t think it cycles through each player like it used to (try it on a foul shot when defending) and the lag for switching seems really bad. Considering switching back to auto but I know that will drive me nuts too.

TomH

Pro 2
Not about arena, but -
1. rebounding is worse this season. In season 3 I went to manual switch and could almost guarantee the def rb by spamming the switch button as soon as shot taken. Was 90+%.
2. blocking is difficult now - there is a lag between hitting block and player moving. A considerable lag.
3. relates to #2 somewhat - face up jumpers are almost impossible to defend. In S3 if you played tight Def and went for block, even if shot wasn’t blocked it typically didn’t go in. Now, it’s basically a gimme at the same level as the the deep post shot. Except you have a better chance blocking the post fade by spamming the block button if you see it coming and before the player starts the animation.
4. random out of bounds.

these are the four Things that have taken gameplay down several notches

TomH

Pro 2
Not about arena, but -
1. rebounding is worse this season. In season 3 I went to manual switch and could almost guarantee the def rb by spamming the switch button as soon as shot taken. Was 90+%.
2. blocking is difficult now - there is a lag between hitting block and player moving. A considerable lag.
3. relates to #2 somewhat - face up jumpers are almost impossible to defend. In S3 if you played tight Def and went for block, even if shot wasn’t blocked it typically didn’t go in. Now, it’s basically a gimme at the same level as the the deep post shot. Except you have a better chance blocking the post fade by spamming the block button if you see it coming and before the player starts the animation.
4. random out of bounds.

these are the four Things that have taken gameplay down several notches

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.