• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

PVP advise needed please

Pasasee

Rookie 3
I play a local guy in PvP who is an 83 overall and hits 9 out of 10 3-pointers so there's a trick when to let go of the fire button since I'm playing him with a 90 overall and not hitting 3 out of 10 3-pointers can anyone offer some advise on when to let go of the shooting button or what needs to be done to hit threes more often. Thank you

betaman411

All-Star 1
I’ve noticed this as well. I’ve also seen a lot of guys tanking their bench and it seems to give them the reverse OVR benefit (ie my team sucks against their 10 pt lower OVR where I miss more dunks and layups). The lag with the shot meter makes PvP almost unbearable when connection is slow. My play dramatically improves when lag is 50ms or less.

TomH

Pro 2
I haven’t played since I got the last tokens needed for 92 Zion, a couple weeks ago. And I’m one who enjoyed pvp in S3. It was unbearable. I could play one game where I hit every 3, couldn’t miss. Next game with same ping I couldn’t hit a single one. Tremendous lag on the pass button. Horrendous lag on defensive switching makes defense harder than S3 with autoswitch (and I’m a manual switch player). Ok, I’m out of negative adjectives. If anyone solves the 3 glitch, let us in on the secret.

Snarf

Rookie 1
I haven’t played since I got the last tokens needed for 92 Zion, a couple weeks ago. And I’m one who enjoyed pvp in S3. It was unbearable. I could play one game where I hit every 3, couldn’t miss. Next game with same ping I couldn’t hit a single one. Tremendous lag on the pass button. Horrendous lag on defensive switching makes defense harder than S3 with autoswitch (and I’m a manual switch player). Ok, I’m out of negative adjectives. If anyone solves the 3 glitch, let us in on the secret.
I've noticed a lot of lag too. I thought that it was EA's attempt at creating a 2K-like jumpshot at first. The toggle in the bar goes up so quick and it's harder for us veterans who've played NBALM for a couple of seasons because we're used to the same exact timing that's in Showdown...

dub365

All-Star 1
I've never been able to fully figure it out. But hitting the meter dead on is a no-no. Depending on the lag I try to hit just below the bottom of the circle in the meter or hit right about in the middle of the line on the top half of the circle on the meter. Corner shots give you an advantage of making it, esp if you hit short on the meter.

But I can't do it well like some guys I play who are taking 30 footers & draining them. Only good way to defeat this tactic is to identify 1-2 really good deep shooters. Get good at using them and know their shooting rhythm. Take high% shots and only take 3s when you're wide open and you know where on the meter you want to hit. Also, gotta play tight D and get some turnovers

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Just a question.. how do u guys enjoy pvp especially with lag?.. and to those who don't have lag, Is the shot meter as smooth as it is in SD?..
SD has its faults, but atleast the buttons do what they are supposed to do.. the bad timing of blocks and glitchy shot meter (along with thebweird user gameplay -dribbling till ability is activated/corner 3 cheese [reminds me of season k3 ] etc) made the mode useless to me a long time ago

betaman411

All-Star 1
Just a question.. how do u guys enjoy pvp especially with lag?.. and to those who don't have lag, Is the shot meter as smooth as it is in SD?..
SD has its faults, but atleast the buttons do what they are supposed to do.. the bad timing of blocks and glitchy shot meter (along with thebweird user gameplay -dribbling till ability is activated/corner 3 cheese [reminds me of season k3 ] etc) made the mode useless to me a long time ago
The shot meter has never been as good as SD for me. The only reason I’m playing it is because the rewards are decent.

Last edited:

Pasasee

Rookie 3
I've never been able to fully figure it out. But hitting the meter dead on is a no-no. Depending on the lag I try to hit just below the bottom of the circle in the meter or hit right about in the middle of the line on the top half of the circle on the meter. Corner shots give you an advantage of making it, esp if you hit short on the meter.

But I can't do it well like some guys I play who are taking 30 footers & draining them. Only good way to defeat this tactic is to identify 1-2 really good deep shooters. Get good at using them and know their shooting rhythm. Take high% shots and only take 3s when you're wide open and you know where on the meter you want to hit. Also, gotta play tight D and get some turnovers
IAM winning 9 out of ten PvP matches but only because of clutches the folks in play that hit 9 out of 10!3s are hard to compete against

dub365

All-Star 1
I don't enjoy it. I have to play on my phone over my cell network to get playable games. Can't use my home or work wifi. Ive only been grinding for the rewards, not bc I like it. My 92 Street squad with 5 abilities makes winning pretty easy. And Winter arena was fairly easy to win + shorter quarters was nice.

TomH

Pro 2
I don't enjoy it. I have to play on my phone over my cell network to get playable games. Can't use my home or work wifi. Ive only been grinding for the rewards, not bc I like it. My 92 Street squad with 5 abilities makes winning pretty easy. And Winter arena was fairly easy to win + shorter quarters was nice.
You can use any lineup in the winter one now? The one that gives you 1000 points per tourney win and 4 Zion tokens?

betaman411

All-Star 1
You can use any lineup in the winter one now? The one that gives you 1000 points per tourney win and 4 Zion tokens?
No...still Christmas lineup. I just started playing this past week. Spent about 450 cash for the 90 Zion because I got destroyed in my first two tourneys!

betaman411

All-Star 1
Played him a bunch the last 8 days. But I’ve been grind da f### out of SD and just completed Live Pass. Now What? lol.
What rank are you? I don’t know your team name...didn’t see any “Tom” in Top 200 but could’ve missed it. Assume you must be Top 200 since I’m like 350! Haha

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.