• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Please fix stupid AI

TWICE

Rookie 1
The word stupid may not be likable here but what AI does is completely dumb. Stop saving the ball out of bound if you are going to hand them over to opponent. I really wonder why ppl say AI improved since nothing has been changed fron Season 1. Computer AI is smart enough to come from the paint to pick up the ball when you steal it (as they predicted steal was going to happen for sure) while your AI does dumbest things such as what I mentioned the above and doing basically nothing on defense.

Instead of focusing on new format, please focus on broken gameplay.

You are probably playing with auto defense. With manual defense you dont have that out bound problem if you can switch players really fast. And the loose balls after steals are easier to grab.

Being a stud of the manual defense is an art.

TWICE

Rookie 1
You are probably playing with auto defense. With manual defense you dont have that out bound problem if you can switch players really fast. And the loose balls after steals are easier to grab.

I am not. Switch does not even work as the buttons don't really respond in critical moments, and I don't really get you saying that I won't have any out of bound problem when you CAN'T even control AI

Drowzy

Rookie 1

I am not. Switch does not even work as the buttons don't really respond in critical moments, and I don't really get you saying that I won't have any out of bound problem when you CAN'T even control AI

Yes manual has its advantages but please don't even try to overate it, AI is broken, switching has become slow, my guys still double team, even the random steal doesn't happen much anymore or maybe its just me..

TWICE

Rookie 1

Yes manual has its advantages but please don't even try to overate it, AI is broken, switching has become slow, my guys still double team, even the random steal doesn't happen much anymore or maybe its just me..

I seriously don't get why ppl in forum overrate AI so much.

Opponent AI
- Always find a way to avoid the defense.
- Never misses a shot whether they are contested or met with contact. Just got hit with half-court shot, too.
- When the ball is stolen, opponent always picks up. Often they come from the paint to pick it him.
- Blocks go to opponent 90% time.
- Always at the right place to get offensive rebound

Our AI
- Always come for double team when I DON'T NEED THEM, leaving one man wide-open (Was a problem from Season 1 with shootign LU)
- After poking the ball out, it just gets stunned. Not doing anything.
- When opponent drives in, it just stands and watch. Doesn't even attempt to block
- Out-rebounded by much shorter guys so many times.
- Does weird "must save the ball" move to only to pass it to opponent.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
In my case it's not what the opponent does but what my uncontrolled teammates do like the aforementioned unwarranted double team or the standing around while they watch their man weave around them to get open but if you try to block a layup 99% of the time the player will not even come close to getting it because they usually swing in the opposite direction which never happens in real life outside of the blind basketball league that only exists in this reply

If you don't get a steal on a possession with the 1 player you're controlling at a time then the other 4 players on your team you're not controlling will do some stupid shit to mess you up and it seems like each tweak they make to "help" us makes our teammates dumber

betaman411

All-Star 1
Seems to me they?ve modified game play to really penalize you for a missed steal. That?s where 90 Curry seems deadly. It?s a guaranteed make if you go for a steal against him and miss.

Scoring is up at the moment, especially in Curry vs. Curry match-ups. The OVR advantage doesn't appear to be having much of an effect either. I don't have a problem with the Ai but I have noticed it hits deep threes a lot at the end of the quarter. it did the same thing for me when I auto played season mode. These threes often tip the balance in a close game and I've been burned on more than one occasion this past week.

I tend to shrug off most of the SD cheese and try to make a play on the next possession. I regather loose balls at least half of the time. Sometimes I get the call on the diving animation which i think is bogus since I clearly touched it last.

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
Uncontested shots, blocked shots and almost every rebound goes to the AI.

Curry makes the 3 on every shot and it doesn't matter if its the 86-89 or 90 they all play god like.

I have stopped attempting to steal from any player over my OVR or even 1 below.

They need to keep tweaking... In house, prior to pushing it through to the players.

dub365

All-Star 1
There seems to be a new block animation bc I don't remember it ever happening. But if I run down the wing to pop a 3 and it gets blocked.....now instead of going out of bounds or falling straight down inbounds.....it gets blocked backwards in a fast, straight trajectory almost to the paint & usually into the arms of another defender. Not only does it suck but it's physically impossible in real life, smh

X020179

Pro 1
There seems to be a new block animation bc I don't remember it ever happening. But if I run down the wing to pop a 3 and it gets blocked.....now instead of going out of bounds or falling straight down inbounds.....it gets blocked backwards in a fast, straight trajectory almost to the paint & usually into the arms of another defender. Not only does it suck but it's physically impossible in real life, smh

Exactly what I was thinking. Happened twice to me today.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Well, at least now it?s obvious why contested post shots go in every time. They?re being registered as ?open?. WTF

teamduncan

Rookie 2
During a successful poke, manual defense you can quickly pick up the steal. It's 50 50. But better than season 1 where opponent center turbo run to pick up then does a fade away.

But defense for our teammate is bad. They stand around not trying. And when I click switch plus jump either the switch is late. Doesn't switch at all. Or switches to some other guy far from the action (usually a sf rather than center to block)

And our teammate don't rebound that much vs opponent

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
During a successful poke, manual defense you can quickly pick up the steal. It's 50 50. But better than season 1 where opponent center turbo run to pick up then does a fade away.

But defense for our teammate is bad. They stand around not trying. And when I click switch plus jump either the switch is late. Doesn't switch at all. Or switches to some other guy far from the action (usually a sf rather than center to block)

And our teammate don't rebound that much vs opponent

been having a lot of difficulty with switching too.. never switches to the right guy on defence

Well, at least now it?s obvious why contested post shots go in every time. They?re being registered as ?open?. WTF
This is my biggest issue with gameplay. All an opponents A.I has to do is put up one hand from feet away to register a "guarded" or "contested" shot when their nowhere close to me, but when I'm on defense my player would literally almost block the ball but most of the time the shot still goes in and it registers "open", "lucky" or whatever other nonsense to justify that shot going in. When Mutombo can hit 3 fadeaway contested 3s while my Curry misses what should be an open, perfect shot that's a problem.

panospap

Rookie 1
I don't think that many things changed for the gameplay after the update. The AI is still quite annoying, because the cannot make really 'logical' decisions and as a result they have to make impossible shots.
After the update I can drain 3pts easier though.
But people tbh when EA cannot even get the clock right for like a year now in Showdown, do you really think that they are working on gameplay?

revride

Rookie 1
But people tbh when EA cannot even get the clock right for like a year now in Showdown

what's puzzling to me is that IIRC the clocked worked well in any season 1 mode.

I?ll do you one better by noting that sometimes it works correctly in some game modes and not in others and then suddenly does the opposite!

Someone please tell them that breaking other things while coming out with some cosmetic changes disguised as gameplay fixes is not an improvement. If we go back and compare the gameplay problems on the "100 things wrong" list, it's pretty clear what they have (or have not) been working on.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.