• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

North Pole training question

combat008

Rookie 1
Are you guys keeping 79 golds on the bench and just training the starters or are you training the 75 bench elites as well?

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
train ur starters to 86 with the 79s in the bench. that will get you to 83
after that put the 90 in ur lineup
then u can decide depending on your coin situation. read the [seeking help] thread for more info

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
If you're not going for the 85 or 88 then no sense in training the 75s if you want to hit 85 or 88 then yes you need to train the 75s so it depends on how far you want to go

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
then u can decide depending on your coin situation. read the [seeking help] thread for more info

you CAN put a master in the winter lineup??

ytrewq

Rookie 1

Yes, there are multiple screenshots of that. Commondjapan posted some in the [Seeking Help] thread, and there's one on @EA Asros's twitter.

It seems to make most sense to go for 86 starters with the gold bench for 83 OVR.
However, based on the known TP values needed, after getting a master and putting it in the lineup, it's apparently cheaper to get the benches to 81 than to train starters any further (so something like 86-87-86-90-86 with bench 81-81-81-86-81?)
Training an 86 to 88 is 45k TP, whereas the 75 bench to 81 is 37.5k TP. Same increase in OVR.

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
sweet as!
i will re-evaluate training bench till we know what happens with coal.. i have a very strong feeling about it

For all 3 masters you need 2,812,500 million coins and 1,125,000 TP to train the elite players :twisted: :evil: That's ridiculous!

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
guys, you freak out @ costs @ beginning of a promo..
chill the f' out
its NEVER what you think. there are a shit load of things that WILL happen especially wth the presents and coal

CHILLLLLLLLL :D :D

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
For all 3 masters you need 2,812,500 million coins and 1,125,000 TP to train the elite players :twisted: :evil: That's ridiculous!

2.8 mill for 3 90s and 5 89s.. isnt that a great deal IF u have coin...
For any grinding f2p, curry plus atleast tatum/mutumbo and legends or a bf player was possible.. selling even one of those would get u a 90 master this promo if u really wanted them.
But ya for the light grinders this promo sucks and the slow grind to 88 elevates and 90 magic seems more sensible..

chill the f' out
its NEVER what you think. there are a shit load of things that WILL happen especially wth the presents and coal

Presents won't help me. I've pulled 1 gold present and a few silver presents. And a ton of 100-250 quicksells and next gen collectibles so I'll probably have to spend the 2.8mil required to train the players.

chill the f' out

Ehh, it's just a silly cost. If you have millions, you won't really blink at 700K for a master (and the trained elites, but if you're 89 ovr they're useless). As I was saying, it's chump change to those with millions of coins from sniping or building and flipping from previous promos. Not every player has that luxury to have been present during previous promos, or have the time needed to snipe and make millions while competing against bots. Is it worth it? Sure, you could say so and I would agree, other than the load of grinding needed but that's expected.

It's just unfortunate that a promo like Christmas could leave a black mark on many because they didnt have enough coins. So, in EA's attempt to make it so those with millions of coins don't have an advantage over those with very little (that's why the frozen cards are nonauctionable until after promo since they're worth training points), they've actually shifted the advantage back to those with millions in a surprisingly ironic way, lol.

All that said, the good news is players can still stack training points from the events while they figure out how to make the coins needed for TP. I can afford it but i still cringe when I spend 22.5k to level a player lol

If you're not going for the 85 or 88 then no sense in training the 75s if you want to hit 85 or 88 then yes you need to train the 75s so it depends on how far you want to go

You can save quite a bit in TP by leveling just Korver to 80, and then you just have to get the Book and Harris to 86 (Harris will say 87 of course) and the other 3 to 85 since having Korver gives 5 match boost.

X_1618

Rookie 1

Yes, there are multiple screenshots of that. Commondjapan posted some in the [Seeking Help] thread, and there's one on @EA Asros's twitter.

It seems to make most sense to go for 86 starters with the gold bench for 83 OVR.
However, based on the known TP values needed, after getting a master and putting it in the lineup, it's apparently cheaper to get the benches to 81 than to train starters any further (so something like 86-87-86-90-86 with bench 81-81-81-86-81?)
Training an 86 to 88 is 45k TP, whereas the 75 bench to 81 is 37.5k TP. Same increase in OVR.

so, it is a good choice to go for 86 starters with 79 bench for 83 OVR ?

and get 86 starters (including a 90 player) with 81 beach (including a 86 player) for 85 OVR, right?

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

You can save quite a bit in TP by leveling just Korver to 80, and then you just have to get the Book and Harris to 86 (Harris will say 87 of course) and the other 3 to 85 since having Korver gives 5 match boost.
Have u seen a pic of that lineup.. is it that much a coin difference between getting 5 to 86 and 79s.. or 2 86 3 85 and korver to 80

Gareth64

Rookie 1

Have u seen a pic of that lineup.. is it that much a coin difference between getting 5 to 86 and 79s.. or 2 86 3 85 and korver to 80

I'd like to know this too. Exactly the best way to get to 85 OVR. I'm currently 81 OVR with 82 starters and 79 bench.

X_1618

Rookie 1

2 86 + 3 85 and korver to 80 is for 83OVR or 85 OVR?
do you have the pic for that lineup

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
2 86 + 3 85 and korver to 80 is for 83OVR or 85 OVR?
do you have the pic for that lineup
That seems to be the most coin efficient way.. i think ill continue to train all to 86.. or maybe even 2 to 89.. makes more sense in the terms of which players i want to keep..so look at ur coins.. if u have no problems with coins.. i guess anyway will do bcz ur going for all the masters.. if ur going only for one then maybe train korver.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.