• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Next event

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
This is kind of unrelated but after the playoffs end it would be nice to have a promo for the guys that will be retiring/or have retired recently. Dirk, VC, Wade, Manu, David West, possibly Jamal Crawford and Tony Parker.

Dont think tony will retire though.. but ya they might come up with something like what they did for peirce in season 1

Mainland China doesn't play on the global app or the Asia app, so are they appealing to Chinese living abroad or players of Asian heritage? The first year we had it on NBALM Asia wasn't even a CNY promo, it was a rejigged version with LeBron as the Master. Hopefully, Brian does something clever like featuring players who have some connection to China such as Marbury or Klay.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Mainland China doesn't play on the global app or the Asia app, so are they appealing to Chinese living abroad or players of Asian heritage? The first year we had it on NBALM Asia wasn't even a CNY promo, it was a rejigged version with LeBron as the Master. Hopefully, Brian does something clever like featuring players who have some connection to China such as Marbury or Klay.

They're appealing to those of Asian heritage, Asians living abroad, and even in those China because I'm pretty sure not all people in China play the China version I know they have some weird internet laws compared to the US but I'm sure they're still able to use APKs I could be wrong on that last part though

betaman411

All-Star 1

They're appealing to those of Asian heritage, Asians living abroad, and even in those China because I'm pretty sure not all people in China play the China version I know they have some weird internet laws compared to the US but I'm sure they're still able to use APKs I could be wrong on that last part though
The only way around the internet lockdown in China that I'm aware of is a VPN. Problem with that is nbalm blocks vpn's so not sure how they would be able to play without some other (likely inconvenient) hack but who knows. If anyone can find a way around it they can!

slin

Rookie 1

The only way around the internet lockdown in China that I'm aware of is a VPN. Problem with that is nbalm blocks vpn's so not sure how they would be able to play without some other (likely inconvenient) hack but who knows. If anyone can find a way around it they can!

Hate to break it to you, but NBALM is accessible with VPN. Funnily enough, that's the only way I play this game, with VPN.

betaman411

All-Star 1

Hate to break it to you, but NBALM is accessible with VPN. Funnily enough, that's the only way I play this game, with VPN.
Ok, thanks. Last time I tried it didn?t work and I believe I was in China at the time.

slin

Rookie 1

Ok, thanks. Last time I tried it didn?t work and I believe I was in China at the time.

It seems to fail at first, with NBALM showing "service not accessible" message, but what I do is disconnect the vpn, turn off the wifi, then turn wifi back on, finally, reconnect to vpn. Doing this multiple times should allow you to finally get past the nba logos screen to the login screen. It should work smoothly from there. I use XVPN, and it works for me here in Cali, but I'm not 100% if it works in China, cuz they might have different internet setups.

betaman411

All-Star 1

It seems to fail at first, with NBALM showing "service not accessible" message, but what I do is disconnect the vpn, turn off the wifi, then turn wifi back on, finally, reconnect to vpn. Doing this multiple times should allow you to finally get past the nba logos screen to the login screen. It should work smoothly from there. I use XVPN, and it works for me here in Cali, but I'm not 100% if it works in China, cuz they might have different internet setups.

Lol...well, don?t take this the wrong way but since your first post implied using a VPN was a no-brainer I was starting to doubt myself! Seems it?s not as easy as just firing one up after all! Haha

slin

Rookie 1

Lol...well, don?t take this the wrong way but since your first post implied using a VPN was a no-brainer I was starting to doubt myself! Seems it?s not as easy as just firing one up after all! Haha

Yeah, it might take a few tries, but eventually(anywhere between 2-10 tries), you'll be able to access NBALM w/ VPN. What I find weird is that sometimes, VPN just connects automatically when I connect to the internet(in which case, I don't have to worry about the "service not accessible" issue), but other times, I have to manually go into XVPN click the on button(there's a chance the dreaded "service not accessible message will show if this happens).

Yeah, it might take a few tries, but eventually(anywhere between 2-10 tries), you'll be able to access NBALM w/ VPN. What I find weird is that sometimes, VPN just connects automatically when I connect to the internet(in which case, I don't have to worry about the "service not accessible" issue), but other times, I have to manually go into XVPN click the on button(there's a chance the dreaded "service not accessible message will show if this happens).

I have heard using a VPN can make the app smoother....is that true? What are the other pros of using it? I thought it was mainly a "this app is illegal in my country" kind of thing but you're in Cali lol

slin

Rookie 1

I have heard using a VPN can make the app smoother....is that true? What are the other pros of using it? I thought it was mainly a "this app is illegal in my country" kind of thing but you're in Cali lol

To be honest, I only use VPN to get around school wifi restrictions, and for the most time, school wifi is the only wifi I get. However, when I do play without VPN(at Macdonalds or something), the performance seems relatively the same, so personally, I don't think there is any significant changes gameplay wise in using a VPN.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakito
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.