• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

New game mode in the works

There?s a new game mode in the works that has the studio hyped. It?s in the early stages at the moment so Brian didn?t want to give anything away in case there are delays.

He also mentioned uni and court customization in the future, new camera angles and new animations. They discovered recently that they have some dunk animations they didn?t know they had so those should be introduced to the game soon.

dub365

All-Star 1
Idk why ppl ask for nor why they would bother with uniforms. Really? That's on the top 100 things that should be looked at? It's a mobile game. If you wanna get detail like that, play a console game. We need stuff like rebounding fixed. Gameplay is still busted and stale. It still looks like it's S1 graphically. But I need me some City jerseys.....smh

Apparently, the game is based on a heavily adapted version of NBA Live 10. That?s why there is a limit to what they can do gameplay wise.

Apparently, the game is based on a heavily adapted version of NBA Live 10. That?s why there is a limit to what they can do gameplay wise.
But its obvious they can adjust rebounding, defence, fg% etc.. the flashback event is a good eg of that

The flashback event isn't meant to be so difficult. It's a problem with the programming. Unfortunately, they repeated it after the Halloween promo. The rest depends on the randomized difficulty level.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
But its obvious they can adjust rebounding, defence, fg% etc.. the flashback event is a good eg of that

The flashback event isn't meant to be so difficult. It's a problem with the programming. Unfortunately, they repeated it after the Halloween promo. The rest depends on the randomized difficulty level.
Ya i heard brian said that .. but after season 1s dunk events, spreewell event, malone event and now the flashback event BUT a perfectly fine daily stamina/elevate event, at some level i wonder why it happens in selected events

Man...I'd just like it if they found a way to allow us to play defense against the AI (Can rarely block dunks without goaltending, the AI has animations that sometimes start at the 3 point line while all we can do is watch)

ramizi

Rookie 2
Anatdoc I think you are 100% correct.
Never underestimating the efforts of the EA team, I think their priorities this year are questionable.

I mean, out of these issues (that everybody talks about for the last 3 years) at least 2 or 3 should get priority:
    • Rebounding
    • in the paint defense not possible
    • AI treating fade ways as if they are open shots
    • AI dunking just passing via our players

And I don't accept that there is nothing to be done about it!
Take rebounding for example:
If they cannot program the problem away, how about just boosting the defensive team rebounding behind the scenes?

MagicFans

Rookie 1

I dun agree. Even NBA Live 95 wouldn't have AI players standing there defenseless inside paint, watching lose ball going out of bound...

Anatdoc I think you are 100% correct.
Never underestimating the efforts of the EA team, I think their priorities this year are questionable.

I mean, out of these issues (that everybody talks about for the last 3 years) at least 2 or 3 should get priority:
    • Rebounding
    • in the paint defense not possible
    • AI treating fade ways as if they are open shots
    • AI dunking just passing via our players

And I don't accept that there is nothing to be done about it!
Take rebounding for example:
If they cannot program the problem away, how about just boosting the defensive team rebounding behind the scenes?

Are any of those problems they can easily fix though?

Rebounds, for example, are supposed to be more or less 50/50 for you and the AI. I personally don't think there's a problem with it, I'm getting plenty with my current frontcourt of 83 Faried and 86 Unseld. Not easy to satisfy everyone.

They need to fix goaltending on dunks, yes, I agree.

Try shooting a contested 3. If you have a solid 3 pter (76+) the chances of it going in should display around 45%. Since there's only two types of shots in this game: contested and open, and fadeaways are the same as a regular jumpshot, then of course a contested fadeaway 3 by the AI has a reasonable 45% chance to go in. They'd probably have to completely reprogram the shooting mechanics in this game to solve this issue.

Overpowered AI? Not sure what you want them to do, its not that easy.

All these issues aren't easily fixable, thats probably why they haven't done anything.

There is a gameplay design team that is currently working on new features for the All-Star promo. They are limited in what they can achieve because gameplay changes need to be made through client updates unlike that the content deploys which are done through the server. And Brian was quite candid in stating that gameplay changes are low on the priority list given that it's difficult to draw tangible revenue benefits from them compared to new content.

Yes, gameplay updates didn't seem like it was a priority at all. He did say that there's some gameplay changes in the works but might not happens for months. I saw a mention of new camera angles...which could be cool but is a major yawn from me lol. Not gonna get excited to see the same gameplay but with new angles lol. I can almost gurantee if any of their developers had to grind SD for a week straight to stay in the top 1K and reach legend with no boost we'd probably see a gameplay revamp sooner :lol: :lol:

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.