• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

New game mode in the works

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
There is a gameplay design team that is currently working on new features for the All-Star promo. They are limited in what they can achieve because gameplay changes need to be made through client updates unlike that the content deploys which are done through the server. And Brian was quite candid in stating that gameplay changes are low on the priority list given that it's difficult to draw tangible revenue benefits from them compared to new content.

That's the sad part.. Improved game play = improved revenue for the long term. Less turnover of users, more long term customers that will micro transact as they are already satisfied consumers..

betaman411

All-Star 1
But it's difficult to prove that.

Is it though? A great product sells itself. At the end of the day, this is a mobile ?basketball? game. If game play sucks and all that matters is content then why have multiple platforms? Maybe because some customers that play nbalm would never play Madden or FIFA.

This problem is not unique to EA though. Short term strategies to boost revenue are just that...short term. Without a long term strategy, no product is sustainable.

MagicFans

Rookie 1
I dunno. For P2W players, do they care about gameplay, or just attractive packs for them to pour money on

That determines the priorities for EA

betaman411

All-Star 1
I dunno. For P2W players, do they care about gameplay, or just attractive packs for them to pour money on

What they neglect to consider is what would make an F2P spend on this game? I know what it is for me...and it?s not more content with the same gameplay issues. I just can?t justfiy spending hard earned cash on a half-baked product. I?m sure I?m not the only one who doesn?t want to spend real cash making their team better only to be thwarted in SD or lvl by the so-called ?OVR advantage? and predetermined match outcomes.

What they neglect to consider is what would make an F2P spend on this game? I know what it is for me...and it?s not more content with the same gameplay issues. I just can?t justfiy spending hard earned cash on a half-baked product. I?m sure I?m not the only one who doesn?t want to spend real cash making their team better only to be thwarted in SD or lvl by the so-called ?OVR advantage? and predetermined match outcomes.
+1, agreed 100%. I'm one of those people, in my 30s with a good income and can afford to spend $500 a month if I want on this game but I won't solely due to the lack of attention paid to game play. I prefer game play over content, it's no fun logging in only to collect cards to add to a team then logout. I haven't even played 1 season game this season, why? All dunks are the same, graphics is the same, all animations the same for 3 seasons now. Its like collecting all the best guns in a first person shooter game then having all the weapons shoot the same.

R0BINx

Rookie 1
if they are going to make a camera angle like the 2k one, then that will be awesome. I'm also interested if you can change your uniforms in to older ones or the new home alternatives.

Apparently, you get the Association and Icon jerseys of the team you have when the update drops so make sure you?re playing with your favorite team at that time. If you switch teams afterward you won?t get the new team?s jerseys. You?ll be the Warriors playing on Toronto?s court.

combat008

Rookie 1
Apparently, you get the Association and Icon jerseys of the team you have when the update drops so make sure you?re playing with your favorite team at that time. If you switch teams afterward you won?t get the new team?s jerseys. You?ll be the Warriors playing on Toronto?s court.

Basically, if i put miami heat as my team, will i get the vice jerseys when the update drops?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Basically, if i put miami heat as my team, will i get the vice jerseys when the update drops?

No you only get the icon and association for free aka the basic white and black jerseys for the Heat that you see them wear on the majority of their games

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.