• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Nerfday.

TomH

Pro 2
Woke up this morning thinking it was Sunday. Played a bit of NBALM and found out I was wrong - it’s actually Nerfday. Anyone else experiencing da Nerf or is it just my imagination or crappy play? It’s becoming more frequent. Lucky if you can get two days of easy excellent play from a new top card. It’s getting really, really, really annoying...and old. *This* is what is going to drive me from this game if EA doesn’t lighten the #### up on the nerfs. It’s just not worth the time or effort if they won’t let us play.

TomH

Pro 2
I totally switched up my lineup after I got Booker w BB in ah even tho it dropped my team ovr by 1. Suddenly Booker is dropping everything. Even McDermott, my biggest disappointment yet, is hitting 3s. The corner 3 is still iffy for me, but top of the key 3s are falling. Haven’t lost in SD since. Wish I waited to take my lvl drives. smh

X020179

Pro 1
Team chemistry.. some cards play horribly with others.. and insanely good with others. Just have to find the right combination.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I’m all ears on the “right combination”. Seems the bench and boosts are a much bigger factor this season...

Watermelon3

Rookie 1
I agree with team chemistry. Keep playing with your lineup in showdown until the opponent is able to win by only +0-5 (with 2 or 3 OVRs above yours). If this happens, then the team is a tough lineup to play against.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I agree with team chemistry. Keep playing with your lineup in showdown until the opponent is able to win by only +0-5 (with 2 or 3 OVRs above yours). If this happens, then the team is a tough lineup to play against.
You mean your drive or the whole match? My problem is I’m a 101 and win 95% of my SD matches handily. Same team in lvl gets destroyed by +25. I can’t understand why there is such a drastic difference in gameplay between SD and lvl? My team has been Top 100 most of the season and currently we’re on an 8 match losing streak. Guys on our team that regularly post +15 are posting +5 so it’s not just me. And it doesn’t help that 6-8 matches were against 2 different teams only. 3 in a row vs the same team TWICE. The matching system sucks too.

Watermelon3

Rookie 1
You mean your drive or the whole match? My problem is I’m a 101 and win 95% of my SD matches handily. Same team in lvl gets destroyed by +25. I can’t understand why there is such a drastic difference in gameplay between SD and lvl? My team has been Top 100 most of the season and currently we’re on an 8 match losing streak. Guys on our team that regularly post +15 are posting +5 so it’s not just me. And it doesn’t help that 6-8 matches were against 2 different teams only. 3 in a row vs the same team TWICE. The matching system sucks too.
Yes, LvL is currently screwed. Showdown is rookie mode and LvL is HOF Mode if this game was 2k.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I mean I just went a f’ing +3 against a 100 and even against a 101 in lvl.

Has anyone else noticed times when the game play is about 80% the normal speed and other times when it’s 120%? The AI just destroyed me during 120% matches. I mean reach in steals, blocks, quick outlet passes before my D can setup, you name it. I’m seriously starting to question why I even play this game. My problem is the more I struggle the more I want to win. 🙄

Game speed is a little faster when you play in an arena with no crowd. The app has to load less graphics.

People with old devices have to notice this a lot. And by old devices I mean 2 years old or more.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Game speed is a little faster when you play in an arena with no crowd. The app has to load less graphics.

People with old devices have to notice this a lot. And by old devices I mean 2 years old or more.
Well, it's not a device age issue for me. Could it also be a server load issue? I assume so since matches can be resumed in lvl (meaning there's some 2-way communication happening at some interval)?

Well, it's not a device age issue for me. Could it also be a server load issue? I assume so since matches can be resumed in lvl (meaning there's some 2-way communication happening at some interval)?
That sounds plausible. If your experiencing variations in game play speeds then it must be tough to do anything no matter what you do since there is no consistency. For me game play has always been the same speed, maybe a wifi or hardware/software problem?

betaman411

All-Star 1
That sounds plausible. If your experiencing variations in game play speeds then it must be tough to do anything no matter what you do since there is no consistency. For me game play has always been the same speed, maybe a wifi or hardware/software problem?
I have AT&T 1 gig connection. Get very close to full bandwidth up and down. I’ve had severe lag in the past which makes gameplay extremely difficult due to shot meter.

On a different note, I’ve noticed that with manual defense and slow mo animations triggered that I’ve been successful switching players and blocking the animation more often than not. Manual (not auto switching) defense is also easier when there’s lag. At more than full speed I’ve had a lot of issues on defense. I know I’m guilty of going for too many steals but it’s not just that...the AI gets a shot off before my defense is even close to setting up.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.